Week 12: Chargers at Bills

YoloinOhio

Banged up Bills mentioned on the Locked on Bills podcast that Dr. Reef was in Buffalo this week working with John Brown during the bye and posted this to Instagram - good sign that Brown was doing this with his ankle... not sure he plays Sunday unless he practices today but this is not easy on an injured ankle 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHyWZRmpLRx/?igshid=1m9fnh0w6xo0e

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Banged up Bills mentioned on the Locked on Bills podcast that Dr. Reef was in Buffalo this week working with John Brown during the bye and posted this to Instagram - good sign that Brown was doing this with his ankle... not sure he plays Sunday unless he practices today but this is not easy on an injured ankle 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHyWZRmpLRx/?igshid=1m9fnh0w6xo0e

He (Reef) had a pic of himself on Insta that tagged Brown last week saying "next stop Buffalo to work with (Brown)".

Really good sign that Brown doesn't seem to be wearing any tape or braces on knee or ankle.

There's some pics of people doing some pretty incredible things on his Instagram feed.  Maybe Horrible H needs to consult with him.

15 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

it’s Isaiah Hodgins time!!! 

I think you're more likely to see Kumerow than Hodgins.  Just my hunch.

image.thumb.png.723f754e0cb4e39c9cbd5cb8c07de45d.png

image.thumb.png.b1d024c4350ff3645e6ffff2fa00cdec.png

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He had a pic of himself on Insta that tagged Brown last week saying "next stop Buffalo to work with (Brown)".

Really good sign that Brown doesn't seem to be wearing any tape or braces on knee or ankle.

There's some pics of people doing some pretty incredible things on his Instagram feed.  Maybe Horrible H needs to consult with him.

I think you're more likely to see Kumerow than Hodgins.

Yes whether he plays or not this week, good sign that he should be back relatively soon. As far as Hodgins I agree it’s highly unlikely he plays this week and I would doubt he plays at all this year barring some injuries at the position. He’s had all of maybe one practice so far... joe B reported that he wasn’t on the field on Wednesday. It’s possible he did practice on Tuesday. I think they are getting him some practices just in case they need him down the road. At the end of the 21 days they can decide whether they need to him or not. They have other options if Smoke can’t go. Though Joe B mentioned duke Williams also was not out there on Wednesday.  Maybe kumerow gets a shot somewhere other than ST. I’m not keen on Andre Roberts at WR. 

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes whether he plays or not this week, good sign that he should be back relatively soon. As far as Hodgins I agree it’s highly unlikely he plays this week and I would doubt he plays at all this year barring some injuries at the position. He’s had all of maybe one practice so far... joe B reported that he wasn’t on the field on Wednesday. It’s possible he did practice on Tuesday. I think they are getting him some practices just in case they need him down the road. At the end of the 21 days they can decide whether they need to him or not. They have other options if Smoke can’t go. Though Joe B mentioned duke Williams also was not out there on Wednesday.  Maybe kumerow gets a shot somewhere other than ST. I’m not keen on Andre Roberts at WR. 

FWIW Kumerow ran a 4.5 second 40 and did a 6.83 3-cone drill at his Whitewater Wisconsin pro day.  That's not Smokey Brown stuff, but it's faster than Williams, Hodgins, or Davis.

Course it all depends what can he do on the field, in pads?  Beasley had a surprisingly slow 3 cone drill and he regularly strips guys off on the field.  It's all upstairs.

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

John Brown ruled OUT for sundays vs the chargers per my app that doesn’t allow links

it’s a PITA

Bills Mobile: Injury Report | John Brown is out for Bills vs. Chargers; Cody Ford done for the season

you just have to get to the Bills website 

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/injury-report-john-brown-is-out-for-bills-vs-chargers-cody-ford-done-for-the-sea

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

it’s a PITA

Bills Mobile: Injury Report | John Brown is out for Bills vs. Chargers; Cody Ford done for the season

you just have to get to the Bills website 

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/injury-report-john-brown-is-out-for-bills-vs-chargers-cody-ford-done-for-the-sea

My fantasy app posted before the Bills site did

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

It does?  Why?  He'll be back for next season and has two years left on his rookie contract.

At the rate that people love their hot takes, I’m surprised people aren’t already bashing NEXT years draft picks 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 7

I’m almost to the point where I’d shut Brown down for a few weeks.  Just get him fully healthy, because we’re not going anywhere in the playoffs if Brown is out and nobody else steps up to give Allen other options (RB’s, Knox, Davis etc). 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m almost to the point where I’d shut Brown down for a few weeks.  Just get him fully healthy, because we’re not going anywhere in the playoffs if Brown is out and nobody else steps up to give Allen other options (RB’s, Knox, Davis etc). 

If the running game, or Davis ( faith in Knox has disappeared), has a strong game vs LAC, then it would be a much easier thing to do. At 7-3, the playoffs are far from a fore gone conclusion. Brown has proven to be a key cog in the Bills winning ways and will be needed in a playoff push AND in the playoffs.

19 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They just did. It's 3 weeks and 1 day between the Cardinals game and 49ers game.

For the love of God, training staff, don't bring him back until he can be himself and not hobble after every tackle.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

They just did. It's 3 weeks and 1 day between the Cardinals game and 49ers game.

For the love of God, training staff, don't bring him back until he can be himself and not hobble after every tackle.

That was a completely different injury that he suffered against the Cards 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No John Brown is huge. The offense isn't the same without him. 

I'm flipping my prediction to Chargers with the upset. 31-23 Chargers. 

Well will have to get Beasley more involved and Davis will have to step up so is Knox 

Also the running must get going as well I think will be ok

Edited by Putin

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No John Brown is huge. The offense isn't the same without him. 

I'm flipping my prediction to Chargers with the upset. 31-23 Chargers. 

I think I feel better now. 

I know you predicted 27-21 Jets or something like that (another game Brown was out).    At one point didn't you also predict 12 straight losses to end the season?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

In the 2 games John Brown was ruled out the Bills faced 2 terrible defenses and averaged 17 points. 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think I feel better now. 

I know you predicted 27-21 Jets or something like that (another game Brown was out).    At one point didn't you also predict 12 straight losses to end the season?

Try to use your brain instead of calling people out. 

The Bills offense has struggled without John Brown. Predicting wins and losses whatever, some of it is to get people like you worked up. But facts remain the Bills offense isn't the same without John Brown. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Davis has to step up. But so far he's not done much in that role. 

The only game he really had to this year was against Tennessee and the entire team looked like garbage that day. 

He's been mostly solid for a 4th WR. 

He will have to do more for sure this weekend. 

44 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

If the running game, or Davis ( faith in Knox has disappeared), has a strong game vs LAC, then it would be a much easier thing to do. At 7-3, the playoffs are far from a fore gone conclusion. Brown has proven to be a key cog in the Bills winning ways and will be needed in a playoff push AND in the playoffs.

I'm thinking if we can get by the Chargers this week, an AFC opponent then at 8-3 with the next opponent being the out of conference 49ers I would be cautious and sit him out another game. If we can't pull out a W this week though then things will tighten up considerably assuming the Jets don't get their first win of the year this Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 1

The offense looks a lot different without him. This sucks.

Without Brown our only real threats on offense are Diggs and Beasley.

The D needs a lot of work but getting more playmakers on offense needs to be a top priority this off-season.  

Edited by Process

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

In the 2 games John Brown was ruled out the Bills faced 2 terrible defenses and averaged 17 points.

I think the "terrible" nature of the Titans defense is being exaggerated here.

But there were other factors in both games beyond the lack of John Brown.

Try to use your brain instead of calling people out

That's irony, right?  Tell you what, You First on the "use your brain" stuff and show us how it's done. 

So far, you're earning your call-outs.

The Bills offense has struggled without John Brown. Predicting wins and losses whatever, some of it is to get people like you worked up. But facts remain the Bills offense isn't the same without John Brown. 

Again, as an unironic brainiac such as yourself must realize, there are other factors than John Brown involved in a win, such as we had against the Jets.  Those would include 11 penalties for 106 yds (one negating a Gabe Davis penalty), and Tyler Kroft falling on his face with nothing and no one between himself and the endzone.  We had no trouble moving the ball. 

Against the Titans, the Bills looked out of sorts and got their asses beaten on the line on both sides of the ball.  Allen was also observed playing with a linebacker brace restricting his L arm and was inaccurate early.  Gifting the Titans great field possession off a messed up punt return, a fumble, and two picks also contributed.

But sure, it's all about missing John Brown.

I find your predictions amusing, and I now feel better about the Chargers game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'm thinking if we can get by the Chargers this week, an AFC opponent then at 8-3 with the next opponent being the out of conference 49ers I would be cautious and sit him out another game. If we can't pull out a W this week though then things will tighten up considerably assuming the Jets don't get their first win of the year this Sunday. 

Rarely does anything come down to tiebreakers. The fan emphasis on conference/out-of-conference games is puzzling to me.