Week 12: Chargers at Bills

YoloinOhio

41 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

i would argue they should have beaten the Browns last year.  

They should have.  But his point is still correct.  They “tend” to beat the teams they’re supposed to

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hmmm.

I'm really, really hoping this is just the usual thing of McDermott not wanting to tip his hand, so that the upcoming opponent doesn't know who to prepare for at a given position.

If they really, legitimately are thinking about not starting Morse at center, I'll be concerned that something highly unusual and not at all good happened behind the scenes in the OL room.

When it was pre bye week, coming off a concussion, I understood holding him out. But now, after the bye, with Morse being fully medically cleared? I just wouldn't understand not starting him.

He was highly thought of by everyone on the team, from Beane to McDermott to Allen, and for him to suddenly be anything BUT that would worry me.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

👀

Sees ghosts lol - Darnold has added to the NFL lexicon of describing a QB

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Logic said:

Hmmm.

I'm really, really hoping this is just the usual thing of McDermott not wanting to tip his hand, so that the upcoming opponent doesn't know who to prepare for at a given position.

If they really, legitimately are thinking about not starting Morse at center, I'll be concerned that something highly unusual and not at all good happened behind the scenes in the OL room.

When it was pre bye week, coming off a concussion, I understood holding him out. But now, after the bye, with Morse being fully medically cleared? I just wouldn't understand not starting him.

He was highly thought of by everyone on the team, from Beane to McDermott to Allen, and for him to suddenly be anything BUT that would worry me.

agreed. Totally bizarre. 

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Are we a bad weather team? Something I worry about. The NE game gave us hope we can win a nasty weather game but I'm not sure we're built to play in bad weather consistently. 

The bad weather helped NE because their passing attack is poor and definitely inferior to the Bills.  That day the weather was an equalizer.

Against the Chargers poor weather helps us as the Bolts O is much better then NE at throwing the football.  They depend on a vertical passing game to move the ball. I also think that playing & practicing in the wet/wind will allow the Bills to be more effective then LA at throwing the ball.

Bottom line is that weather plus the Bills solid pass defense, which looks to be healthy, is favorable for Buffalo. Against NE it was our weak run defense against NE's rushing game which was their offensive strength.

I see this as Bills 31 LA 21.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Yes they do. I expect a win over Chargers at home. But I don’t expect it to be easy. Winning 31-27 seems about right. 

Realistically we are not going to blow out any teams the remaining of this year. We just don't have a good enough defense for that to happen. I think we go 4-2 to close out the season and finish at 11-5 and afce champs. That and a playoff win will work for me considering this upside down year. We're not beating KC in any AFC Final.  So shore up the defense next year and we WILL challenge Mahomes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Agreed, playing the team not the record and the Chargers are scrappy.  Look at some of the teams they've lost to and how:

KC Chiefs by 3 points in OT

TB Bucs by 7 points

NO Saints by 3 points in OT

We should win, assuming come out fierce and don't take them lightly, but given they challenged the Chiefs, Bucs, and Saints -  I agree the Bills are in for a challenge

I would usually say I hope coach doesn’t let the team look past them but after the Hail Mary we should be ready. Plus everyone kills me when they predict blow outs  when they usually come when no one’s looking for them and that goes for any team. And the chargers could be bringing in a nice running game if healthy and they do have some dogs on the out side. I think bills win by 9 

17 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Realistically we are not going to blow out any teams the remaining of this year. We just don't have a good enough defense for that to happen. I think we go 4-2 to close out the season and finish at 11-5 and afce champs. That and a playoff win will work for me considering this upside down year. We're not beating KC in any AFC Final.  So shore up the defense next year and we WILL challenge Mahomes.

I do agree with you on KC and the defense but I rather play KC then Pittsburgh in the playoffs they have a good running game plus they are built to play the pass happy nfl could you see us throwing it 40 times against that front 7 could get ugly quick