Monday mornings after a win/loss

Brennan Huff

What a huge let down yesterday was. After a loss like that I won’t listen to sports radio or watch any ESPN at all today. That play will be all over the place. Last Monday was the exact opposite. The first thing I did when I woke up was turn on the NFL Network. When I left my house, ESPN radio. Anybody else do this or am I just too emotionally attached?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If the Bills would have lost say something like 31-17 then I would have gotten over it real fast. We lost so move on to the next game. But losing like yesterday stings. 30-26 with 35 seconds left. 7-3 is a fine record but considering what happened it sucks to be just 7-3.

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If the Bills would have lost say something like 31-17 then I would have gotten over it real fast. We lost so move on to the next game. But losing like yesterday stings. 30-26 with 35 seconds left. 7-3 is a fine record but considering what happened it sucks to be just 7-3.

After any loss I completely shut out the media. I still haven’t watched any highlights from the playoff loss 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

What a huge let down yesterday was. After a loss like that I won’t listen to sports radio or watch any ESPN at all today. That play will be all over the place. Last Monday was the exact opposite. The first thing I did when I woke up was turn on the NFL Network. When I left my house, ESPN radio. Anybody else do this or am I just too emotionally attached?

I'm the exact same way.  Basically I'm useless on Mondays during football season.  Bills win = all I want to do is read about the game, talk about the game, watch highlights of the game, etc.  Bills loss = all I want to do is sit in a corner and mope.  Fortunately my job allows for a lot of time-shifting so it's not really that big a deal.  Thank god I'm not an air traffic controller or trauma surgeon or something like that.

• Like (+1) 3

Game was shut off exactly 1 second after Hopkins catch. Then: Straighten up the house, get ready for the week, stream a couple episodes of the latest true-crime doc to further cleanse my palate of bitter taste, go to bed trying not to obsess about upcoming schedule and win/loss scenarios. 

Monday morning I hold out as long as I can and then with one eye closed I'll come to TBD. As the day goes on the pain recedes and it's all about moving forward. 

• Like (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

sucks the fins and pats won.

Solid coaching perhaps???

34 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I'm watching Hallmark channel as I type 

• Haha (+1) 2

What is it about the Bills losing on the last play of a game that featured Josh Allen catching a TD pass and the opponent having DeAndre Hopkins as a WR?  Didn't we already have to live through this last year in the playoffs?  puke.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

I definitely will not be watching or listening to any sports shows today.  That play is going to be on every show and be repeated constantly all day.  I already made the mistake of going on social media - I shut that off very quickly.

This. I'd include tomorrow as well.

12 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

I definitely will not be watching or listening to any sports shows today.  That play is going to be on every show and be repeated constantly all day.  I already made the mistake of going on social media - I shut that off very quickly.

it’ll probably be the lead story on ABC Nightly News with David Muir

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

Completely with you, man. I feel like I have a stomach ulcer to. 

• Sad 1

I own and operate a Small town gym with between 250-300 members at any point in time during the year. The traffic is usually about 60-90 people through the place on any given day. Everyone knows everyone and they ALL know my love for the bills. So naturally i deal with about 20-30 big time football fans that come through during the week and they ALL have an opinion.... This is one of those days my office door will stay shut ALL. DAY. LONG. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 hour ago, clearwater cadet said:

I mean, that's football, right?  If you want it to be easy, play Madden and bugger the settings.

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I own and operate a Small town gym with between 250-300 members at any point in time during the year. The traffic is usually about 60-90 people through the place on any given day. Everyone knows everyone and they ALL know my love for the bills. So naturally i deal with about 20-30 big time football fans that come through during the week and they ALL have an opinion.... This is one of those days my office door will stay shut ALL. DAY. LONG. 

I hear ya.  My friends all know I'm a Bills fan.  I took ***** by the metric ton after the playoff loss and I'm sure I will again this week.

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

What is it about the Bills losing on the last play of a game that featured Josh Allen catching a TD pass and the opponent having DeAndre Hopkins as a WR?  Didn't we already have to live through this last year in the playoffs?  puke.gif

You have a point.  Memo to Daboll:  No more trick play touchdowns to Josh Allen.  Those things are a Jinx, I tell you.  A Jinx!

2 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

I tend not to listen to either in any event.  I regard the signal to noise ratio as minimal.

2 hours ago, clearwater cadet said:

I actually liked that the Pats*** won because the Ravens lost.   

(it's a personal thing though I think many others would agree) 

My wife has the TV on in the background for the morning shows and I've heard about the remarkable Hail Mary pass at least 6 times this AM.  

ugh 

It's gonna take a couple days to shake this one off.  That's about the hardest way to lose a game - at least it wasn't a playoff game and a small bit of solice is that it was a NFC team.  They better rip the heads off of the Chargers in a couple weeks!!!

Oh and immediately after the game I started binge watching season 4 of The Crown - couldn't watch ANY more football....  lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

It's gonna take a couple days to shake this one off.  That's about the hardest way to lose a game - at least it wasn't a playoff game and a small bit of solice is that it was a NFC team.  They better rip the heads off of the Chargers in a couple weeks!!!

Oh and immediately after the game I started binge watching season 4 of The Crown - couldn't watch ANY more football....  lol

100% we are on the same page here.

Not a chance I give two ***** and a ***** about the MNF tonight or ANY of the Sunday games next week on our BYE. I'll be back when we play the Chargers.

And we better ***** drop 50 on their candy asses, they need to feel our pain. 

Imagine if this is how we as fans feel, the players must feel 10x worse.

Fuel the fire, run the table the rest of the way, it's not out of the question. Maybe this is what we needed. Our schedule the rest of the way is absolutely doable. (sans Pittsburgh)

for a game many felt they would lose and accepted had they lost it was against a non conference team and the implications from said loss would not hurt their postseason chances, so it really wouldn't hurt much. although that may be true, I felt not only would they win but they needed to win to keep the momentum going in to the bye and as much as some may of felt it wouldn't hurt, man that was a dagger in the heart.

as a long time bills fan, this loss ranks right up there with those losses in the past that really hurt. what a roller coaster in the 4th. it looked as if after his 2nd int that would be the dagger yet they came back and the allen to diggs td seemed to have sealed it.

a thing of beauty

only to have that little ***** murray toss a hail mary and the B word makes the catch. 

fc54014c-8a9b-4eff-a35c-460dd12d046f-AP_

Buffalo Bills have majored in agonizing losses but Hopkins Hail Mary is one of the worst

son of a B word, that was a heartbreaker, pain we have endured, too many times as bills fans.

no moral victory here but you have to give props to a team that just doesn't quit. mark this one down as experience, a painful one at that.

Edited by A Firm Tree Does Not Fear
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsCuse said:

Idk whats wrong with me I am always that way but this game didn't bother me like that for some reason.  It was an all time epic play...yea it was at our expense but it feels like a piece of history kind of I guess? 😁 every time I see the play it becomes more apparent how lucky it was so I really haven't had to avoid it.  if the cardinals got the ball back with more time left and marched down the field and scored on a more traditional drive I wouldve been a lot more pissed for some reason...not sure if that makes sense to anyone else lol

10 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

after that particular game, yeah... that last catch is everywhere

2 minutes ago, billsherd said:

I guess only thing good was that my fantasy team had both Murray and Hopkins. That last play did guarantee my win, but I would take losses for rest of the year for the Bills win. 

Same i had Hopkins and Murray and still lost by 1 point this week 🙃  to the high scorer for the week

I’m a grown up and mentally capable of realizing that this next sentence is as embarrassing as it is inexcusable... the Bills losing like that yesterday will destroy my entire week...minimum. And it’s not ok. I realize that. I’m ***** miserable. There are more important things in life. Nobody doesn’t understand that. But what am I supposed to do? Lie about it? And act like I’m all good? Im not going to do that.

Yesterday absolutely sucks. I used to shut down all of the football world after a loss like that. I didn’t want to deal with it. But the thing I realized (as I got older) is the football season is short. I love the nfl and it absolutely sucks that the Bills can ruin my mood for days and weeks at a time.... But I no longer allow them allow them to take football from me. I will put the aggravation aside and watch the other games. I will deal with the highlights and take them head on. The season goes by in the blink of an eye and when I’m missing it in June, i don’t want to regret the games I missed, sulking over the Bills.

37 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That last play pretty much ended my fantasy season.....😁 no silver lining here

35 minutes ago, Negan said:

Same i had Hopkins and Murray and still lost by 1 point this week 🙃  to the high scorer for the week

Hey there is still a chance my fantasy team goes the same way the Bills lost. I have 97% winning chance just the way Bills did after Diggs touchdown on Sunday. There is still Monday night game, after yesterday you never know.