Your Buffalo Bills Linebackers

It does make you wonder what's been going on the last four weeks as the trade deadline approached.  Dodson, Phillips, Edmunds and Milano all banged up.  One trend I noticed this year is there is almost no pilfering off of other practice squads.  It's almost as if there is a quiet gentlemen's agreement not to do it.  With the expanded PS sizes, there has got to be some LBs stashed out there that are better than what the Bills have at the moment.

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I think the greater key to winning this game is getting a backbreaking TO or two out of our defense.

Winning the TO battle would definitely help our chances a lot.  Being able to exploit any turnovers we receive and turn them into 7 would help even more.

8 minutes ago, wjag said:

It does make you wonder what's been going on the last four weeks as the trade deadline approached.  Dodson, Phillips, Edmunds and Milano all banged up.  One trend I noticed this year is there is almost no pilfering off of other practice squads.  It's almost as if there is a quiet gentlemen's agreement not to do it.  With the expanded PS sizes, there has got to be some LBs stashed out there that are better than what the Bills have at the moment.

I hear you.

Prior to the SF game last week, Seattle gave up more yards than any team in NFL history through as many games as they played. That offense has been pretty filthy. That said, like us, the offense has cooled a few times of late and Wilson has made enough mistakes to appear human. Then 17 of the last 24 for Seattle have been one score games. Seattle isn't a team that tends to run people out of the stadium like they did last week. We will be in this game until the end and it will be a toss up. Both QB's have shown to be exceptional closers in the 4th quarter. Probably comes down to who has the ball last.  

Lacey knows the system.  He was a very late cut in 2018....after two years with McD.   He has to be better than Klein........unless he is not in shape for football.  He was active one week, but backc on the practice squad.  Bring up Lee and Lacey...lets see if they can play.  Nothing to loose imho.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Activate Deron Lee, I don't see the harm. 

The harm would be if he takes up a spot we need for someone who is more prepared to play.

At LB: Deon Lacey, for example, knows the system.  I haven't heard a word about Del'Shawn Phillips but he's eligible to come off IR.

At DB: We might be playing a lot of nickle or dime.  Wallace is coming back from injury and so is Hyde.  It might make more sense to activate Dane Jackson.

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Defense won't be the issue on Sunday imo. Nobody's been able to stop Seattle. Whether we can keep up with them on offense will determine the game. 

Their defense is worse than ours. If we can't move the ball and score points there are serious problems.

Disagree.  If we let them gash us for 8-12 yard runs combined with Wilson's passing game, their scoring drives will take 2-3 minutes.  Seattle will score plenty of course, but we need for it to happen after much longer drives, meaning the defense must step it up.

1 hour ago, wjag said:

The Bills organization has mandated that they can only evaluate players affiliated with Carolina. 

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

Jesus Christ, we must have the worst LB’s in the league 

Damned if it don't look that way!!!  I think TE is a lil better than the whipping he takes here....but only a little. Thats a guy who needs a big game this week.

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The harm would be if he takes up a spot we need for someone who is more prepared to play.

At LB: Deon Lacey, for example, knows the system.  I haven't heard a word about Del'Shawn Phillips but he's eligible to come off IR.

At DB: We might be playing a lot of nickle or dime.  Wallace is coming back from injury and so is Hyde.  It might make more sense to activate Dane Jackson.

Fair enough, Lacey would be a good call up, got to get fast coverage players in this game

5 minutes ago, par73 said:

Still hard to believe the lack of quality depth at LB and CB on this team, especially given McDermott's background.

That's probably why, actually.

Beane and McD figured he could coach up weaker players at those spots so Beane could spend resources on other positions. Aint working tho.

The guys we have been playing, aren’t good. I would roll the dice and let Lee play Milano’s role. He isn’t super physical but he’s very fast. Let him run and cover and play Edmunds and Lee on almost every snap. You don’t need the 3rd LB against this team. They won’t run to often. Let Edmunds and Lee run and cover and hope the Dline can help against the run. It almost couldn’t be worse then it already was.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So my children....

At present, your Buffalo Bills linebacking corps for the Seattle Seasnakes game is:

Tremaine Edmunds

AJ Klein

Tyler Matakevich

Andre Smith

I believe Del'Shawn Phillips is eligible to come off IR this week, but I haven't seen anything about him being activated to come off IR or practicing?.  Dodson is NOT eligible to come off IR.

On the PS, we have Darron Lee and Deon Lacey

And that's it.

Snap counts vs. NE (2nd % is defensive snaps, third % is ST)

image.png.e69cc8cb0a040b4c7cda5c2022b9a706.png

Snap counts vs Jets

image.png.890dd49b85d919c3eacbec614b4a7cab.png

Snap counts vs KC

image.png.6cf20de2d097fa583b5193e6d5dcd1b6.png

The Cavalry is not coming over the hill.  Methinks we're going to see a heavy diet of AJ Klein and Tremaine Edmunds this week, and 'twill not be pretty.

we need a puke emoji.   Chris Carson, the most underrated back, is going to have like 200 yards.  Bean really needed to address LB and DT at the trade deadline.  While other teams got better , we are treading water. 

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Can Josh play LB?

he is likely better than at least Klein

4 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Totally. Lots of Dean Marlowe and Siran Neal as hybrid LB/ SS too.

I would love to see this 

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

we need a puke emoji.   Chris Carson, the most underrated back, is going to have like 200 yards.  Bean really needed to address LB and DT at the trade deadline.  While other teams got better , we are treading water. 

he is likely better than at least Klein

I mean, if we play a dime zone against them like we did to KC, begging them to run, and can hold them under 30 points as a result, the O can win it. It's not the game plan we really what as fans, but it is one that can work if our O can hold up it's end of the bargin.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I mean, if we play a dime zone against them like we did to KC, begging them to run, and can hold them under 30 points as a result, the O can win it. It's not the game plan we really what as fans, but it is one that can work if our O can hold up it's end of the bargin.

Good points.  I just don’t like counting on that every week.  We should have upgraded at least one of Lb or DT. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So my children....

At present, your Buffalo Bills linebacking corps for the Seattle Seasnakes game is:

Tremaine Edmunds

AJ Klein

Tyler Matakevich

Andre Smith

I believe Del'Shawn Phillips is eligible to come off IR this week, but I haven't seen anything about him being activated to come off IR or practicing?.  Dodson is NOT eligible to come off IR.

And that's it.

Snap counts vs Jets

Snap counts vs KC

The Cavalry is not coming over the hill.  Methinks we're going to see a heavy diet of AJ Klein and Tremaine Edmunds this week, and 'twill not be pretty.

I need the green about to vomit emoji.....

I mentioned in another post, I would like to see more Siran Neal, maybe instead of Klein when we are guessing pass.  Dean Marlowe balled against the Pats, I thought, get him on the field more too, even when Hyde plays.  Sitting in our base D just doesn't work with Milano and Edmunds banged up.  We have to bring unexpected players from unusual angles and increase team speed on the field when expecting pass.  I think we saw some of that in the Pats game.

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Can someone tell me how the spread in this game is only -3.0. It was only -2.5 a few days ago. 

I was expecting at least -6.5/7. What am i missing here?

I think we have to remember that we still only see highlights of Seattle games unless they are on SNF or MNF. There is also a tendency around here to only focus on the negatives that the Bills have. Seattle gives up a lot of points and a lot of yards. This is not to say that they don’t have a great offense or that the Bills shouldn’t be concerned, but I do think we have an offense that can hang with them and I do think this game will be closer than people think 

Beaner missed on Vosean pick (easy to do with late round picks) and gambled this year on Tremaine and Milano staying healthy.

We lost that bet and it's costing us.

My hope is we somehow win one of the next 2 and come out of the bye week 7-3 with a 2 week rest and spank the Chargers with a well rested squad.

Might see some hybrid packages like 5-2 tmrw.  Lockett and Metcalf are studs and we only have one CB I trust right now.  Get ready for some heavy zone D.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

I think we have to remember that we still only see highlights of Seattle games unless they are on SNF or MNF. There is also a tendency around here to only focus on the negatives that the Bills have. Seattle gives up a lot of points and a lot of yards. This is not to say that they don’t have a great offense or that the Bills shouldn’t be concerned, but I do think we have an offense that can hang with them and I do think this game will be closer than people think 

I have sunday ticket and have watched Seattle a lot. I think Wilson’s ability to improvise and extend the play is going to kill us in the end. Our defense will stay on the field way too long and will be taxed. I envision Sea dominating TOP. We’ll score for sure but i dont see us sustaining drives like they will. The primary difference is Wilson. Hope im wrong. 

Edited by bobobonators

11 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Beaner missed on Vosean pick (easy to do with late round picks) and gambled this year on Tremaine and Milano staying healthy.

We lost that bet and it's costing us.

My hope is we somehow win one of the next 2 and come out of the bye week 7-3 with a 2 week rest and spank the Chargers with a well rested squad.

Might see some hybrid packages like 5-2 tmrw.  Lockett and Metcalf are studs and we only have one CB I trust right now.  Get ready for some heavy zone D.

Beaner missed on the Tremaine pick and the Klein signing. Both are big whiffs. Hopefully with the Seahawks being a passing team Tremaine will be less of a liability this week. AJ is hopeless.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Beaner missed on the Tremaine pick and the Klein signing. Both are big whiffs. Hopefully with the Seahawks being a passing team Tremaine will be less of a liability this week. AJ is hopeless.

Just wondering-did you think he had missed on the Tremaine pick during/after last season? When the guy made the pro bowl? 

5 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Just wondering-did you think he had missed on the Tremaine pick during/after last season? When the guy made the pro bowl? 

Edumonds has regressed but he is hurt and has ***** D-line play in front of him. I am not ready to call him a bust.

On 11/6/2020 at 10:36 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So my children....

Tremaine Edmunds

AJ Klein

Tyler Matakevich

Andre Smith

And that's it.

Snap counts vs Jets

Snap counts vs KC

so... we might be screwd?