Le'Veon Bell signs with Kansas City

Seasons1992

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I want nothing to do with Bell, honestly.

so you don't think he has any game to bring to the table or is he a potential locker room cancer is that why?  I'm curious you thoughts

6 minutes ago, Muppy said:

hahaha thats awesome! I love that,  was not aware -))))

yeah we were following his Jet to Halls hometown and back to Buffalo on another site.  It gave us false hope because it must have been a coincidence as he never actually flew to Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

F Bell.  Look at upgrades for your DL or LB corp instead...and figure out why your OL run blocking sucks. 

The run blocking looks worse than it really is because we have no speed in the backfield. Rushing windows close extremely fast. Singletary is good at avoiding contact but he can't speed through the defense. He is also just average in the pass game IMO. Bell isn't a burner by any means but he's faster than Singletary and is an elite pass catcher.

• Like (+1) 1

Also I don't get the thinking that we should only be looking to improve the defense. I'm a big believer in making the strength of your team even stronger. Bell is the last piece this offense needs to become truly elite. Forget the defense, it's going to be average at best this year. Let's just out score everyone.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Back the Blue said:

Bell is all about the money and nothing more.  Pittsburgh made him very good offers, and had a great winning franchise.  If winning was important to Bell, he would have never left the Steelers. 

People can change after going through big experiences. Plus, his pay this year is already set in stone.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Also I don't get the thinking that we should only be looking to improve the defense. I'm a big believer in making the strength of your team even stronger. Bell is the last piece this offense needs to become truly elite. Forget the defense, it's going to be average at best this year. Let's just out score everyone.

Exactly.

If there were a Top 3 DL or LB who just got released, we'd be all over him. As it stands, that isnt the case.

1 minute ago, Back the Blue said:

Bell is all about the money and nothing more.  Pittsburgh made him very good offers, and had a great winning franchise.  If winning was important to Bell, he would have never left the Steelers. 

Cool, give him a big one year contract with no cap hit after 2020. Why should we care?

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

Bell is washed.  Hasn't done a thing of note on the field in 3 years.  That's an eternity when you're talking running backs.  Sure, kick the tires on him for the vet minimum, but I don't expect him to provide anything that Singletary or Yeldon aren't already providing.

On a very poor offense last year he had a pathetic YPC, but still caught 66 passes. My guess would be that his days of being an elite back and a total workhorse are behind him, but he's still a very useful player even at his 2019 standard. Better than Yeldon? Actually, probably not by much if he's the 2019 version, but there is still a good chance that he'll have a significant resurgence. Really no risk at the price.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The run blocking looks worse than it really is because we have no speed in the backfield. Rushing windows close extremely fast. Singletary is good at avoiding contact but he can't speed through the defense. He is also just average in the pass game IMO. Bell isn't a burner by any means but he's faster than Singletary and is an elite pass catcher.

I think that's true, and it's too soon to tell on Moss but he doesn't seem to be that type of runner either. If they don't get Bell I'd love to see more of the poor man's Bell -- Yeldon.

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Most people don't change as much as we would like to believe they do...

I dont think he's changed much at all. Just saying its possible. And even just a little bit is all that could matter.

Plus, his money is already locked in this year, so all it comes down to is winning.

Just now, Back the Blue said:

Maybe because I’d rather see that money used to upgrade the defense instead. 😉

What defensive free agents are available that would be an upgrade? I hear what you’re saying but Bell is still great talent in the league and should produce in the right system, and he’s available 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont think he's changed much at all. Just saying its possible. And even just a little bit is all that could matter.

Plus, his money is already locked in this year, so all it comes down to is winning.

Not necessarily,

He lives in Miami and the Dolphins would feature him more than the Bills or Chiefs and that might lead to a sizeable contract after this year. 

So it still MIGHT be about the money, just not this year's money.  He might also want to actually play where he lives and is from, also.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Brennan Huff said:

What defensive free agents are available that would be an upgrade? I hear what you’re saying but Bell is still great talent in the league and should produce in the right system, and he’s available 

I’m talking about Beane looking for upgrades via trade. 

4 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

Maybe because I’d rather see that money used to upgrade the defense instead. 😉

There aren't top tier defensive players getting released. The defense is what it is at this point. White and Milano coming back will help but it's going to be an average unit at best. Our offense needs to lead the team every week. The one week our offense fell off we lost the game, that isn't a coincidence.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Not necessarily,

He lives in Miami and the Dolphins would feature him more than the Bills or Chiefs and that might lead to a sizeable contract after this year. 

So it still MIGHT be about the money, just not this year's money.  He might also want to actually play where he lives and is from, also.

He’s not from Miami.  He’s from Ohio.  

Does he want to win or does he want to be at home?  If home, Dolphins all day.  KC offers a better championship opportunity, but they also just invested a first round pick at RB, plus had no issue sitting a healthy McCoy for the SB last year.  If I’m looking for opportunity to win and bring more value to my next deal, I’m going to Buffalo.   He’s about 7th fiddle in KC, Buffalo offers a chance to be RB1 and weapon #2 behind only Diggs.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

He’s not from Miami.  He’s from Ohio.  

But he trains and lives in Miami. Plus he almost signed with the Dolphins before signing with the jets. Plus Flores loves him and there’s history, but I say if he wants to contend the Buffalo is probably his best bet. KC already has two good RBS, he wants to start and Buffalo and Miami he would instantly be the number 1 back

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

But he trains and lives in Miami. Plus he almost signed with the Dolphins before signing with the jets. Plus Flores loves him and there’s history, but I say if he wants to contend the Buffalo is probably his best bet. KC already has two good RBS, he wants to start and Buffalo and Miami he would instantly be the number 1 back

That’s fine.  I was responding to someone that said he lives and is from there.  

KC doesn’t have two good rbs imo.  Helaire and 2 bums

Edited by NewEra

27 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

How did I know that when two thirds of Bell's final 3 choices were the Bills and Dolphins that Belichick would jump in? 😑

How many damn RBs do the Cheats need? No way he signs there. Why would he pick the definition of a committee back field? That would be like him choosing the Ravens. 

14 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

But now he has to prove himself again if he ever wants another contract, so he's motivated.

Given Allen a pass catching RB would open up the playbook even further.

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Anyone else just scrolling through all these posts and only stopping when they see someone post something from Twitter?

what and miss out in vegan cinnamon rolls? hahaa

Hadn't thought about the tax implications.

Right now he's drawing his Jets salary, not playing (so the states he plays in can't ding him for state income taxes), and presumably living in Florida (no state income tax).

If he plays in NY state as his home team, does NY treat that Jets income as income derived from playing for the Bills? If so, the Bills would have to sweeten the deal as opposed to the Dolphins.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That’s fine.  I was responding to someone that said he lives and is from there.  

KC doesn’t have two good rbs imo.  Helaire and 2 bums

Helaire is good though and I highly doubt Bell would want to share carries and be a back up. Buffalo, Miami are his best bets. Plus KC benched McCoy in the Super Bowl so if I’m Bell that for me plays a factor against going to KC. Singletary and Moss have been disappointing to say the least. Josh needs a running game to help him out

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Hadn't thought about the tax implications.

Right now he's drawing his Jets salary, not playing (so the states he plays in can't ding him for state income taxes), and presumably living in Florida (no state income tax).

If he plays in NY state as his home team, does NY treat that Jets income as income derived from playing for the Bills? If so, the Bills would have to sweeten the deal as opposed to the Dolphins.

That’s a good point you just made, I forgot about the state income tax thing. I say he’s signing with Miami then due to the tax break he’ll get because he’ll be in Florida. But I do wonder if he can still get that break IF he signs with Buffalo?

15 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Bell is washed.  Hasn't done a thing of note on the field in 3 years.  That's an eternity when you're talking running backs.  Sure, kick the tires on him for the vet minimum, but I don't expect him to provide anything that Singletary or Yeldon aren't already providing.

I won't deny that Singletary & Moss have hardly wowed with their production. And aside from the Titans game, the coaches for some bizarre reason just refuse to give TJ Yeldon a shot. Also Bell is the type of RB who needs some gaps to run thru. And right now that's not happening with this one dimensional OL. Maybe league minimum only I could live with. But somehow we have to create a run game. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Helaire is good though and I highly doubt Bell would want to share carries and be a back up. Buffalo, Miami are his best bets. Plus KC benched McCoy in the Super Bowl so if I’m Bell that for me plays a factor against going to KC. Singletary and Moss have been disappointing to say the least. Josh needs a running game to help him out

I don’t think view 2020 Bell and 2019 Shady in the same light in terms of ability.  We’ll see.  If he sees KC as the place he can get the most publicity and a ring,  it makes sense.  He might view our OLs inability to open holes as a HUGE negative. I would

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think view 2020 Bell and 2019 Shady in the same light in terms of ability.  We’ll see.  If he sees KC as the place he can get the most publicity and a ring,  it makes sense.  He might view our OLs inability to open holes as a HUGE negative. I would

I hadn't bothered to check until now. Shady's rushing stats this year look like Reggie Bush's Bills stats:

4 games, 2 carries, -2 yards.

But 9 catches for 54 yards so Brady's found some use for him.

• Like (+1) 1