Allen has stopped running??? Any reason

12 hours ago, teef said:

the team learned how strangely important 300 yard passing games are to you, and decided to tone back the running  

Thats true, but some teams (i.e. Browns) have learned that throwing less and running more = less mistakes by QB and winning.  

So there’s different recipes for winning in this league. Some teams throw for 300+ every other week and lose often. 

As a starter, Josh had no need to during the raiders game, the play calling was very good, and the raiders by and large had no answers for the passing game. 

Go Bills!!!

7 hours ago, zow2 said:

Thats true, but some teams (i.e. Browns) have learned that throwing less and running more = less mistakes by QB and winning.  

So there’s different recipes for winning in this league. Some teams throw for 300+ every other week and lose often. 

The Browns are 3-1 with wins vs. Bengals, Washington & Dallas (not exactly a murderers row).  Their one loss was badly to Baltimore.  Next two weeks will be a little more difficult.  

Hes the franchise.  If Allen gets hurt running Qb dive in the second quarter of a game in October just fire the staff.  Allen runs enough off script, and they put enough tape out there for defenses to account for his running.  

I see two main reasons:

1) WR  group is better and they get open

2) Our franchise QB  has arrived and he looks down field stays in the pocket and uses his legs to roll out to a better throwing spot.

He reads defenses better and has more confidence.

16 hours ago, NoSaint said:

a bit erratic there with not saying what you mean and then reading things that weren’t written. 

I'm OK with being a bit erratic it is a nice quirk, not all of us can be perfect...I said what I meant in the context of the thread.  Methinks you were reading into what I wrote to fit your narrative.  No worries man.....for a better take on what I think about JA running the ball I present this from the Olean Times Herald.  Sums it up perhaps a little less erratically....

One of the main criticisms of Allen’s first two seasons was that he ran too much – over seven times per game – and though he averaged nearly six yards per carry and had an impressive 17 touchdowns, he took some big hits and had more than his share of fumbles.

And when he opened this season with a career-high 14 carries, it didn’t appear any lesson had been learned, especially with two lost fumbles. But, since then, Allen has averaged a mere four carries per game and the main reason is that he’s become such a proficient passer.

Suddenly, Daboll doesn’t have to make as many called runs for his QB and Allen hasn’t been forced to scramble nearly as much.

Why run when the guy throws darts and running is when bad things happen, fumbles and injury. Having said that, you can be sure Josh will still run when the game situation and opportunities present themselves. The offense is just so explosive with these receivers and Motor running the ball. Allen is seeing the field so well and moving in the pocket until crossing patterns open up. I am waiting to see how Bellicek defenses Allen. When we score 30 against NE, the NFL will take notice. 

On 10/5/2020 at 6:24 PM, Billsfan1972 said:

Just interesting that he hasn't run at all.....  And only 288 yesterday......😡  Expect more from Allen!!!!😜

AAagreed and that is an integral part of his style of play.   May be they are stashing it for the more difficult teams

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

AAagreed and that is an integral part of his style of play.   May be they are stashing it for the more difficult teams

The threat to run is always there and it helps open up an explosive passing attack.

You Digg?

I thought I'd resuscitate my old thread as again vs. Tennessee he didn't run.

Seems one of his greatest assets has been removed from his game.  

How Tannehill, Fitz, Wentz & a plethora of young QB's all seem to be evading the pocket and making big plays with their feet, Allen in the last three games has not.  

Not sure why this is happening. 

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I thought I'd resuscitate my old thread as again vs. Tennessee he didn't run.

Seems one of his greatest assets has been removed from his game.  

How Tannehill, Fitz, Wentz & a plethora of young QB's all seem to be evading the pocket and making big plays with their feet, Allen in the last three games has not.  

Not sure why this is happening. 

The team finally figured out if he gets hurt and misses time the season is over. Allen and/or Daboll have been instructed to have Allen run less. 

Edited by Billznut

48 minutes ago, Billznut said:

The team finally figured out if he gets hurt and misses time the season is over. Allen and/or Daboll have been instructed to have Allen run less. 

Not saying called runs, but some controlled roll outs or when protection breaksdown, run.  Seems to be a little hesitent of late.  Tannehill gashed the Bills & other QB's seem to be doing it more often, while Allen is doing it less.

Yesterday is a perfect example, if only rushing 3 and dropping 8 then there should have been some lanes open.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again yesterday we saw some good rushing performances by QB's (& expect Kyler Murray to put up #'s tonight).  Hope Allen's feet are part of the game plan (i.e. some scrambles).  

200.webp

On 10/5/2020 at 8:50 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

No I don't want him to be Lamar or Kyler, but not one run this week (QB sneak for TD notwithstanding), but wondering as to the reasoning.  

Seemed there were some opportunities and certainly understand being careful after the injury, however this too was evident in the LA game too.

They didn't run him much at all against the Titans.  I wondered about it too.

The most dangerous thing he brings to a game is his running; they need to do more of it, not less.

I am thinking he is nursing an injury, but that is only a guess.

I hope he runs a LOT against the Chiefs.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

They didn't run him much at all against the Titans.  I wondered about it too.

The most dangerous thing he brings to a game is his running; they need to do more of it, not less.

I am thinking he is nursing an injury, but that is only a guess.

I hope he runs a LOT against the Chiefs.

I don't want him running like Lamar or Kyler, however it is an important part of his game that was missing in not just the Titan's game, but Los Angeles & Las Vegas too.