TNF: Texans at Chiefs (-9) 8:20 NBC

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You’re saying maybe KC’s offense isn’t that great, maybe Houston’s D is that bad?

Yeah, it’s tough for me to analyze a defense based on an opener against the Chiefs. Those guys have been unstoppable for several years. The Texans offense on the other hand is struggling against a weak Chiefs D. If I were a Texans fan, I’d be more discouraged by that. 

Edited by SirAndrew

15 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

My wife and I made a drinking game out of any mention of COVID, BLM or Pharmaceuticals...

My wife passed out after 1st drive and I don't know how I made it to halftime:cry:

Hopefully our game isn't so infested or I might now be able to stay awake past the 1st quarter...

wait really?  Granted I missed the first 7 minutes of the game, but I think they’ve been doing a good job not talking about that crap.

By the way: this stadium just looks empty. Socially distant one might say. 

I read the Broncos plan for about half the number of fans: designated entrance gates, etc. I really don't see any reason why this isn't feasible. My test: would I go? 

If I lived in KC the answer tonight would be an easy "yes" and I definitely skew toward the risk averse side in this whole COVID thing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RiotAct said:

wait really?  Granted I missed the first 7 minutes of the game, but I think they’ve been doing a good job not talking about that crap.

That was my only concern. They can discuss before kickoff, discuss at halftime, discuss when the game ends. I was only concerned it would dominate the play by play and I think they’ve done well avoiding it tonight. 
I can support the statement much better if it does not affect the actual gameplay and game day experience for me. 

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I read the Broncos plan for about half the number of fans: designated entrance gates, etc. I really don't see any reason why this isn't feasible. My test: would I go? 

If I lived in KC the answer tonight would be an easy "yes" and I definitely skew toward the risk averse side in this whole COVID thing.

It is.  But.... ya know.

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I agree. The start of every 1st week game will be about COVID and unity and then after the first 10 minutes it will dissipate.... 

Just now, Warcodered said:

Nice punt.

Bill O'Brian better hope they can get things going in some of the coming games because I would not be surprised if this team gave up on him.

😂😂😂 First game, and they look like they don’t even care. I never thought I’d agree in the first game of the season a “coach” could have lost the locker room already. 

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

What is Denver’s plan for bathrooms, concessions, etc. you can’t keep 40,000 people 6 feet apart so that’s a suspect plan.

I think the Pegulas are smart in that they are letting these first few weeks play out, seeing what weird problems play out and then learning from those issues and they will be able to be ready with the max possible to attend for that KC game. I would hope we can see a 25-35% but it may be much lower. 

Edited by Locomark

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

😂😂😂 First game, and they look like they don’t even care. I never thought I’d agree in the first game of the season a “coach” could have lost the locker room already. 

to be fair he lost them long ago. It’s just a business transaction playing for him.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

Hosting a Super Bowl?  Dunno about that...

No, thinking about not just hosting a home playoff game.  Just thinking long term for the season with seeding.  Every loss for Baltimore/KC/Tenn only helps the Bills seeding chances if we win the division.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

He's the running back Bill O'Brian traded Hopkins for.

Ah gotcha

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

No, thinking about not just hosting a home playoff game.  Just thinking long term for the season with seeding.  Every loss for Baltimore/KC/Tenn only helps the Bills seeding chances if we win the division.

Ah gotcha

No I got that wrong David Johnson was the one and went out with a wrist but came back in.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Ah gotcha

Twas a joke my good dude.

3 minutes ago, Locomark said:

What is Denver’s plan for bathrooms, concessions, etc. you I can’t keep 40,000 people 6 feet apart so that’s a suspect plan.

I think the Pegulas are smart in that they are letting these first few weeks play out, seeing what weird problems play out and then learning from those issues and they will be able to be ready with the max possible to attend for that KC game. I would hope we can see a 25-35% but it may be much lower. 

Much lower than 25 and you have to we infer if it’s even worth opening the gates.

• Like (+1) 1