Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

What does it say? Adams is a Tier 1 elite WR.

Yeah i agree with you...is Adams somehow not an elite receiver in some peoples’ minds? I get that guys like Michael Thomas have raised the bar but damn, I’ll take Davante on the the Bills any day

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

He is a good WR1, not a top WR1 IMO

15 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

He is ok as a #1, not a top tier #1 IMO.

He has 1 x 1000 yd season in 6 seasons in GB.

John Brown has the same number of 1k seasons in one season in Buffalo.

Edited by RocCityRoller

8 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

John Brown has the same number of 1k seasons in one season in Buffalo.

Davante's problem isn't talent. It is health. He has played in 16 games once since his rookie year. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

John Brown has the same in one season in Buffalo.

And he also has 44 touchdowns over that span. Considering he was a depth player his first two seasons, put up 997 yards twice,  double digit TDs 3 times, and last year put up 997 over only 12 games played.

I've watched him play a lot. He's no worse than 5th best in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Davante's problem isn't talent. It is health. He has played in 16 games once since his rookie year. 

Availability is an ability.

The same could be said about John Brown.

GB was ok with Davante, Allison, MVS, etc....

Buffalo had Jon Brown and went out and got Stephon Diggs.

JB has 2x1k seasons, DA has 1. Similar # of seasons. JB did it among 3 teams, DA has 1 in the same # of seasons with 1 QB.

Buffalo improved at WR, GB did not.

No one talks about JB as a #1 WR, but DA is.

It's ridiculous. By that logic, Buffalo now has 2 #1 WR

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

Availability is an ability.

The same could be said about John Brown.

GB was ok with Davante, Allison, MVS, etc....

Buffalo had Jon Brown and went out and got Stephon Diggs.

JB has 2x1k seasons, DA has 1. Similar # of seasons. JB did it among 3 teams, DA has 1 in the same # of seasons with 1 QB.

Buffalo improved at WR, GB did not.

No one talks about JB as a #1 WR, but DA is.

It's ridiculous. By that logic, Buffalo now has 2 #1 WR

You just put the tape one and it is obvious that Adams is a better player. The depth of Green Bay's receivers around him is not in question. It is bad. But Davante Adams is a top NFL receiver and a better player than John Brown.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

You just put the tape one and it is obvious that Adams is a better player. The depth of Green Bay's receivers around him is not in question. It is bad. But Davante Adams is a top NFL receiver and a better player than John Brown.

JB has more 1k seasons.

Would GB gain by trading for Foster?

Yes, Yes they would. That is my point. See the forest for the trees.

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

JB has more 1k seasons.

Would GB gain by trading for Foster?

Yes, Yes they would. That is my point. See the forest for the trees.

Green Bay would gain by trading for Eric Moulds. Even now. Their 2, 3, 4 is as bad as any depth in the league. 

Green Bay would gain by trading for Eric Moulds. Even now. Their 2, 3, 4 is as bad as any depth in the league. 

who wouldn't like Eric Moulds! He was a HOF talent wasted here.

I'm only teasing you some. I think DA is an ok #1,but misses too many games. 1 1k season with Aaron Rogers, really. But now he is great? Questionable.

He is great in the endzone/ red zone, but how much of that is Aaron Rogers?

Buffalo had JB and improved. GB did not.

GB could use a Robert Foster these days, which was the point of the OP

10 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

who wouldn't like Eric Moulds! He was a HOF talent wasted here.

I'm only teasing you some. I think DA is an ok #1,but misses too many games. 1 1k season with Aaron Rogers, really. But now he is great? Questionable.

He is great in the endzone/ red zone, but how much of that is Aaron Rogers?

Buffalo had JB and improved. GB did not.

GB could use a Robert Foster these days, which was the point of the OP

I think Foster definitely has trade value. Have been saying that for weeks. He has game breaking speed and value as a special teams gunner.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ColeB said:

Did you know he has a brother Osiris who is a WR for Stanford and a brother Amon-Ra who is a WR for USC?   If those names aren’t strange enough, his parents’ last name is just Brown and their father has the most common name of John.

Egytptian gods. It's a black power thing.

I could take you to my hood, but we would both be uncomfortable there now.

Not sure how this became a Davonte Adams thread. All I was saying is that after an ok DA as a #1 GB has nothing. Robert Foster has value there.

He also has value to Philly and SF.

I'd expect RF to sign with any of them after tomorrow if Beane can't get a 6 or 7 for him.

13 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Not sure why you and others wanted to fight me then!?! DA is a solid WR#1, not great, solid. After him it is garbage. GB needs WR.

So do SF and Philly. A 6 or 7 for Foster makes sense since all of them need WR help.

This thread is about Buffalo Bills with value at cut down. Foster has value to GB/SF/Philly. I hope we get a pick from him.

I only chimed in on Adams. I never argued your point about Foster at all. You are wrong on Adams. You are right on Foster. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I only chimed in on Adams. I never argued your point about Foster at all. You are wrong on Adams. You are right on Foster. 

Fair enough, I think Adams is only 'ok'. He misses too many games IMO.

I'm one of those folks who believes availability is an ability. But then again I am a manager in my role.

To get back to our Bills, how great is it now that we are arguing about players being cut for a better roster?

Honest question, was anyone cut Friday other than the 2 on Defense?

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

Fair enough, I think Adams is only 'ok'. He misses too many games IMO.

I'm one of those folks who believes availability is an ability. But then again I am a manager in my role.

To get back to our Bills, how great is it now that we are arguing about players being cut for a better roster?

Honest question, was anyone cut Friday other than the 2 on Defense?

The Bills roster is stacked. Thompson was on the 53 last year. Joseph is one year removed from being a 5th round pick. Yet neither found a spot. 

Those were the only two cuts we heard about. DiMarco IR for the year was the other significant move. 

I'd be surprised if we got a pick for Croom, but Foster I can see a player teams might flick a 6th or a 7th for. 

The Bills roster is stacked. Thompson was on the 53 last year. Joseph is one year removed from being a 5th round pick. Yet neither found a spot. 

Those were the only two cuts we heard about. DiMarco IR for the year was the other significant move. 

I'd be surprised if we got a pick for Croom, but Foster I can see a player teams might flick a 6th or a 7th for. 

Thanks, I didn't miss too much today. OK with Thompson and Joseph going. Good college/ role players, didn't translate to the NFL.

I appreciate the update.

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but better buffalo bills.com mentioned4 transactions yesterday including activating Sweeney. Now the only mention the IR and 2 cuts. I thought it was odd they would elevate him from PUP the day before cutdown as it means they would have to cut another person. If they wait till after cutdown they can slide Feliciano to no season ending IR and bring back Sweeney with one less cut

11 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

DiMarco was the original Juszcyk. You do know what they have in common, right? 

They're both fullbacks

They’re both white

They wear numbers in the 40s

They played for Kyle Shanshan 

They both hit free agency in 2017

They both received offers from the Bills

They both had 3 carries for 7 total yards in 2019

Other than that, not much right? 🍻

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

They're both fullbacks

They’re both white

They wear numbers in the 40s

They played for Kyle Shanshan 

They both hit free agency in 2017

They both received offers from the Bills

They both had 3 carries for 7 total yards in 2019

Other than that, not much right? 🍻

Nope. Its that they are both Tauruses.

You’re welcome.

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, iinii said:

This thread is now 12 pages long and is still a bunch dogs chasing a metaphorical bone; so yeah pretty useless. 

Imagine the 40 useless threads on individual player news if we didn’t do it this way. Bills have been known to release players to cut down day earlier than most teams, so we planned accordingly. 

I understand there are many new openings on the Bears Fan pages. Perhaps you’d feel happier there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

26 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Imagine the 40 useless threads on individual player news if we didn’t do it this way. Bills have been known to release players to cut down day earlier than most teams, so we planned accordingly. 

I understand there are many new openings on the Bears Fan pages. Perhaps you’d feel happier there.

If doing these style threads though they need to get done right or they actually make it harder for most to keep up 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

A cut tomorrow doesn’t determine Fromm won’t start in the league at some point.

No, it doesn’t, but the point I was responding to suggested Fromm wouldn’t be much help in the QB room.  If I read one, I musta read 20 pundits claiming that was exactly what Fromm was gonna do for Josh, push him in the QB room and help his understanding of the game.

Nothing against Fromm but I thought that viewpoint was kind of insulting to Webb, Barkley, AND Josh - that a rookie would just walk in and know more about playing NFL football in Daboll’s offense so he’d be teaching 3 Vets

9 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

IF this had been a regular offseason with a regular preseason Fromm would of beat out Barkley. No doubt in my mind. Fromm has all the tools Barkley has. Fromm’s floor is Barkley. 

We’ll never know now.  

I don’t think Beane likes to cut draft picks.  It’ll be interesting.

I tend to think Fromm’s floor is Peterman, but then again he’s still in the league so.......

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Never happy..🤦‍♂️ 

When the bomb drops @OBD, I’ll edit the thread to mark the page.

its the same expectation as a UDFA thread here or cut day, signing day, or general non sports breaking news etc... at pretty much every other board I read.

It just means the person that starts it plans to be around for a good bit of the day or you wait and let someone else do it that can do regular updates. It makes your job easier and the board better and for some reason it’s always gets disregarded as being needy when brought up instead of a chance to “train up” expectation 

Edited by NoSaint