Lmao, Tyrod’s gonna start another football game ?

Teddy KGB

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Huh?

Points are fun? The more points you score the better your chances of winning. 😅 Tyrod and the Bills offense were good at scoring points in that 2016 season. 

I agree Tyrods time was up, but that has nothing to do with the fact that they should’ve been a better team with him as their QB in 2015 and 2016 because their offense was pretty damn good. Best offense the Bills have had over the past 20+ years. 

no comment on EJ scoring 21 ppg? ;)  

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes, but Tyrod doesn't deserve any credit for this.... 

How great would it be if Daboll, Allen and the Bills offense could field ONE top 10 scoring offense?

3 points to 10 points against the Jaguars 

Bortles out played Tyrod 

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Bortles out played Tyrod 

If Bortles outplayed Tyrod it was by a pretty slim margin 

17/37 for 134 yards 0 TD 1 INT 

7 rushes 27 yards

vs

12/23 for 87 yards 1 TD 0 INT

10 rushes 88 yards

I vividly recall Bortles throwing into the dirt multiple times when he was not pressured and had a wide open dump off (just flat out missed Fournette) 

On 9/3/2020 at 9:29 PM, Teddy KGB said:

Guess this is Anthony Lynn’s final season. 

Those poor wide recievers.   

The same Tyrod Taylor that went to a probowl? I hope they start the rookie against us. Granted he is just average, but it could be much worse. I don't get all the hate.

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Bortles out played Tyrod 

Nah, McDermott's defense played like total *****.  Brady would have been the leading rusher that game too.  McCoy and Tyrod played their hearts out while the rest of the offense went to sleep.  

2 hours ago, Julio Hopkins said:

Nah, McDermott's defense played like total *****.  Brady would have been the leading rusher that game too.  McCoy and Tyrod played their hearts out while the rest of the offense went to sleep.  

The defense that gave up 10 points in a road playoff game was the problem? Hmm. 

5 hours ago, Julio Hopkins said:

Yeah, going 17-37 for 134 yards and an INT, leading the offense to a whopping 3 points .... he sure played his heart out.  Until he "got hurt and had to leave the game."

Really, guys?  7 pages for Tyrod, who hasn’t been a Bill for more than two years now?  Let’s move on.  Tyrod is a great guy and we all know he’s not a high level starting QB but he’s certainly “serviceable” as a bridge for a team.  He’s the QB who managed our team out of the drought.  Not gonna pile on him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, eball said:

Really, guys?  7 pages for Tyrod, who hasn’t been a Bill for more than two years now?  Let’s move on.  Tyrod is a great guy and we all know he’s not a high level starting QB but he’s certainly “serviceable” as a bridge for a team.  He’s the QB who managed our team out of the drought.  Not gonna pile on him.

A-friggin-men! 

as a general rule if I see anything from the guy that started this thread I just chuckle, feel embarrassed for him, and then look the other way. 

I honestly can’t believe the board humored him with 7 pages and counting. ..... And now look at me, becoming part of the problem 🤦🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, eball said:

He's a horrible QB and a race card-pulling douchebag who was the QB on the team when the Bills' drought ended.  That happened in spite of him; not because of him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He's a horrible QB and a race card-pulling douchebag who was the QB on the team when the Bills' drought ended.  That happened in spite of him; not because of him.

if it were not for this, they wouldn't make the post season in 2017.

quoth_the_bengal.0.gif

I agree that he may of "managed the offense"  to help lead the team to 9 wins but some of the losses that season were brutal. the chargers debacle with peterman and the one that stands out to me was the saints game, a 47-10 embarrassment at home.  the offense only mustering 198 yds and the game manager finishing 9/18 56 yds with a 33.6 QBR made for a season to remember for the drought (thank you andy dalton) being broken and some games that will go down in bills lore as some of the worst.

no, maybe it is time to put taylor history to rest but most bills fans realize had cincy not won on the last drive, they don't make the post season. period.

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

quoth_the_bengal.0.gif

I agree that he may of "managed the offense"  to help lead the team to 9 wins but some of the losses that season were brutal. the chargers debacle with peterman and the one that stands out to me was the saints game, a 47-10 embarrassment at home.  the offense only mustering 198 yds and the game manager finishing 9/18 56 yds with a 33.6 QBR made for a season to remember for the drought (thank you andy dalton) being broken and some games that will go down in bills lore as some of the worst.

no, maybe it is time to put taylor history to rest but most bills fans realize had cincy not won on the last drive, they don't make the post season. period.

and if it werent for a handful of other flukey plays thoughout the season for plenty of teams they may not have made the playoffs. i'll never understand the need for certain fans to push this narrative.... one team did what it needed over 16 games. the other did not.

does it really matter if that play happened week 8 or week 17?  there are a handful of plays for either team you could go back through and give ALL the credit to throughout the season if you wanna play that game. i'm fairly certain that game got moved back into an evening slot for more suspense. if this play happens during a 1pm game and then the bills handle their business late, are people so enamored with it? i doubt it.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

The only thing that upsets me is that they are saying he is FINALLY getting a REAL chance to be a QB, like wtf does that even mean? He had a REAL chance for 3 years with the Bills then he had a REAL chance with the Browns and did nothing. NOW he is going to light the world on fire. Give me a break. I guess I blame the talking heads more then TT himself but enough is enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

and if it werent for a handful of other flukey plays thoughout the season for plenty of teams they may not have made the playoffs. i'll never understand the need for certain fans to push this narrative.... one team did what it needed over 16 games. the other did not.

?  there are a handful of plays for either team you could go back through and give ALL the credit to throughout the season if you wanna play that game. i'm fairly certain that game got moved back into an evening slot for more suspense. if this play happens during a 1pm game and then the bills handle their business late, are people so enamoured with it? i doubt it.

does it really matter if that play happened week 8 or week 17

it does and it did but you're obviously in the group that believes otherwise. you're entitled to your beliefs/opinions, just as I am and I will stick with mine, thanks.

if this play happens during a 1pm game and then the bills handle their business late, are people so enamoured with it? i doubt it.

if is the biggest two letter word in the dictionary.

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

What 21 PPG? When? 

We are talking about a full season here. You can’t just cherry pick a few games.... Bortles outplayed Big Ben the next week by the way. 

In the 3 games EJ started over 2015 & 2016 (same offensive personnel) the Bills averaged 20.67 points per game. I assume that's what he's referencing. Of course he's leaving out that over the 29 games that Tyrod started in the same offense, the Bills averaged 24.69 points per game. 

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

While there is definitely some truth in this..... I do think that offense was driven by the scheme and the backs. Tyrod wasn't the driver of that offense. He played his part, and I am taking nothing away from him but he was a piece rather than the piece. Which was smart on the Bills part because if you want a top 10 offense you don't want Tyrod to drive it.

The reality of 2015 and 2016 is Greg Roman is a really darn good coordinator. I said that when he was here. He is one of the most innovative offensive coordinators in the NFL. But people don't give him the respect he deserves because when you say "innovative offense" what people expect is lots of passing. The assumption almost seems to be you can't be innovative if you run a lot. But Greg Roman's rush offense is innovative. It is so multiple it keeps defences guessing.

^^^ This. Roman is the most innovative run system/play designer the NFL has seen in 30 years. Where he falls short is the passing game and finding ways to make it sync with his run plays. Props to the Ravens for recognizing that weakness and having him work with a passing game coordinator. Seems to have worked with Jackson and the TE talent there. However, I can’t help but wonder if the WR would perform better with someone other than Culley in that role. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

That was my point.

3 games not 16.... fans would be going nuts if this Bills offense average 24 PPG. I'm still waiting for this regime to field an offense like that 2016 offense because that's what it will take to win a SB. Hopefully this is the year. 

As part of the math to get to my previous post, I learned that in 2016 we were averaging 25.93 PPG until the week 17 EJ/Cardale not privy debacle. And that's with a 7 point week 1 letdown in Baltimore. 

Another underused stat: Our offense, mostly with Tyrod at the helm, had a franchise record 13 consecutive home games with 20+ points

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm hopeful enough that I drafted Allen, Diggs, and Moss 😁

Allen is a good fantasy qb because of the rushing. I drafted Diggs in one league and debated keeping him in a keeper league but I just don’t know if he gets the volume.  And Moss is the reason I didn’t keep DS in the same keeper league.  I was so excited about picking him last year too but Moss is going to kill his value.

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, going 17-37 for 134 yards and an INT, leading the offense to a whopping 3 points .... he sure played his heart out.  Until he "got hurt and had to leave the game."

Both Tyrod and McCoy were taking nasty hits all game but sure.  

Just now, GunnerBill said:

You are honestly arguing that the defense lost the Bills that game? Really? 

No, I think Brandon Beane lost that game before it even started.  The O was completely outmatched, and the defense choked it away against one of the worst offenses in the league.

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

quoth_the_bengal.0.gif

I actually cried a little at that moment, knowing the drought would end.

21 minutes ago, Julio Hopkins said:

No, I think Brandon Beane lost that game before it even started.  The O was completely outmatched, and the defense choked it away against one of the worst offenses in the league.

We lost 10-3 and you blame the defense?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

We lost 10-3 and you blame the defense?

Do you recall the quarterback performance of the opposition?

This was easily the worst quarterbacked playoff game--on both teams--that I ever recall watching.

Talk about an ugly dog of a game.

I understand your point though...D gives up 10; offense can't do anything all game...you gotta put most of the blame on the offense.

The fact of the matter is that Tyrod Taylor would be nowhere near a roster spot in this league, and it would have been that for years now, if there actually were enough decent quarterbacks to go around.

There aren't.   It's a huge problem for the league.

2 hours ago, Julio Hopkins said:

I mean I like Tyrod a lot, but the Jags hung 45 on Pittsburgh a week later. The D kept us in it, the lack of playmakers kept us out of it.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Roman> Daboll. Not even close. 

I don’t think they’re exactly comparable. Daboll’s passing schemes are likely better and they prefer very different personnel groupings. Roman’s run schemes are the most innovative ground attack since Shanahan shot Terrell Davis to stardom with zone blocking. As a result, Roman’s schemes aren’t reliant upon traditional QB play, but those schemes and his playcalling tend to get figured out by the better defenses after a few seasons. It remains to be seen if Baltimore can overcome what occurred here and in SF.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Junction said:

I don’t think they’re exactly comparable. Daboll’s passing schemes are likely better and they prefer very different personnel groupings. Roman’s run schemes are the most innovative ground attack since Shanahan shot Terrell Davis to stardom with zone blocking. As a result, Roman’s schemes aren’t reliant upon traditional QB play, but those schemes and his playcalling tend to get figured out by the better defenses after a few seasons. It remains to be seen if Baltimore can overcome what occurred here and in SF.

Well said,  Greg Roman has found the perfect fit with Lamar Jackson IMO. Elte RB that can throw the football.

The Roman > Daboll analogy is probably true in Baltimore.  

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I agree, it has yet to be seen if Baltimore can overcome what happened to Roman here and in SF. However, I don’t think it’s unfair to say Roman is more accomplished than Daboll at this point in his career. Roman has struggled to produce a passing game, but his teams have had success on offense, regardless of how it got done. Daboll hasn’t had any success outside of NE with an NFL offense. Daboll might have great passing games schemes, but we have yet to see it actually work in the NFL. Daboll needs to prove it this season. 

25 minutes ago, Figster said:

Well said,  Greg Roman has found the perfect fit with Lamar Jackson IMO. Elte RB that can throw the football.

The Roman > Daboll analogy is probably true in Baltimore.  

Roman>Daboll with any team. Daboll hasn’t proven anything in this league imo. Comparing Roman and Daboll’s offense is comparing apples to oranges, as they both have different styles. With that said, Daboll hasn’t done much as an OC. I hope our offense has tons of success, and we can consider him an accomplished OC by the end of this season. I’m simply addressing what Daboll has done up to this point in his career, I’m not trying to harshly criticize him. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes, but Tyrod doesn't deserve any credit for this.... 

How great would it be if Daboll, Allen and the Bills offense could field ONE top 10 scoring offense?

I wanted Tyrod out of here, because I knew we weren’t winning a Super Bowl with him. Moving on was still a risk because you might be downgrading the QB position inadvertently. He just didn’t have what it takes to lead a team anywhere. The TT fans never understood that.

However, I also recognize in hindsight that he was one of our best post Kelly QB’s. That isn’t saying much because we’ve had garbage, but he deserves some credit. The same people who trash Tyrod look back at the Bledsoe, Fitz, and even the Orton years fondly. I’ll never understand that. Tyrod had more success with this team than many of those guys who are often fondly remembered. I was a harsh critic of TT, but even I must admit what he accomplished here. It was nothing spectacular, but he doesn’t deserve to be trashed, while we reminisce about how amazing Fitz was. 

Edited by SirAndrew

8 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

A-friggin-men! 

as a general rule if I see anything from the guy that started this thread I just chuckle, feel embarrassed for him, and then look the other way. 

I honestly can’t believe the board humored him with 7 pages and counting. ..... And now look at me, becoming part of the problem 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I agree, it has yet to be seen if Baltimore can overcome what happened to Roman here and in SF. However, I don’t think it’s unfair to say Roman is more accomplished than Daboll at this point in his career. Roman has struggled to produce a passing game, but his teams have had success on offense, regardless of how it got done. Daboll hasn’t had any success outside of NE with an NFL offense. Daboll might have great passing games schemes, but we have yet to see it actually work in the NFL. Daboll needs to prove it this season. 

Roman>Daboll with any team. Daboll hasn’t proven anything in this league imo. Comparing Roman and Daboll’s offense is comparing apples to oranges, as they both have different styles. With that said, Daboll hasn’t done much as an OC. I hope our offense has tons of success, and we can consider him an accomplished OC by the end of this season. I’m simply addressing what Daboll has done up to this point in his career, I’m not trying to harshly criticize him. 

It’s a chicken vs egg argument, but.... One could say with a reasonable level of confidence that Daboll never had a competent QB to work with either. When Cassel, Matt Moore and Derek Anderson are the best QBs you’ve had to work with the results aren’t going to be stellar, especially when your system relies on above average QB play. Contrast that with Roman’s approach which would probably be functional with Lynn Bowden Jr playing QB. 

With that in mind, Daboll needs to put up. Allen is in year three and the offense has more than enough talent to rack up points. No excuses going forward. Same goes with Roman and bucking the trend... Year 3-4 is where his offenses start getting predictable. 

9 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I wanted Tyrod out of here, because I knew we weren’t winning a Super Bowl with him. Moving on was still a risk because you might be downgrading the QB position inadvertently. He just didn’t have what it takes to lead a team anywhere. The TT fans never understood that.

However, I also recognize in hindsight that he was one of our best post Kelly QB’s. That isn’t saying much because we’ve had garbage, but he deserves some credit. The same people who trash Tyrod look back at the Bledsoe, Fitz, and even the Orton years fondly. I’ll never understand that. Tyrod had more success with this team than many of those guys who are often fondly remembered. I was a harsh critic of TT, but even I must admit what he accomplished here. It was nothing spectacular, but he doesn’t deserve to be trashed, while we reminisce about how amazing Fitz was. 

Always worth the risk of ineptitude at QB for a year. It’s damn near impossible to upgrade with middling QB play as you end up 7-9 to 9-7 every year. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I mean I like Tyrod a lot, but the Jags hung 45 on Pittsburgh a week later. The D kept us in it, the lack of playmakers kept us out of it.

That's a much better take than mine, saying they played like ***** was too much.  I'm probably just remembering the frustration from watching Bortles run on them.  

9 minutes ago, Julio Hopkins said:

That's a much better take than mine, saying they played like ***** was too much.  I'm probably just remembering the frustration from watching Bortles run on them.  

tyrod sucked and couldn’t score 10 points. 

the end. 

The guy that did the "Hey There Trent Edwards" video should do the "Hey There T. Taylor...."

"Right now ten yards seem pretty far, but you don't have to use a car
They have this thing they call a forward pass,
You grip the ball right on the lace and wing the thing about the place
I promise incompletions are OK"....