Lmao, Tyrod’s gonna start another football game ?

Teddy KGB

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What a stupid thread.  Maybe we should wait until our current qb averages more passing yards than Tyrod did when he was here.

i was more than ready to move on from Tyrod but this is just garbage and salty.  He is a good guy, decent if unspectacular qb, and helped us end the drought.  Why trash him?

It’s so weird the double standards people have here.  We just had the 23th ranked scoring offense and people are ready to build a statue.  Yet, we have a thread trashing the guy who helped us get a 10 and 12th ranked scoring offense. 

It’s like some people are trapped in some weird echo chamber with the Bills. 

That 12th was 7th or 8th before they decided to start EJ for a half and Cardale for half #2 of week 17

17 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Tyrod's tenure in Cleveland was 2.5 games. 

Week 1 vs Steelers

15/40 for 197 yards 1 TD 1 INT 

8 rushes for 77 yards 1 TD

21-21 Tie

Week 2 vs Saints

22/30 for 246 yards 1 TD 1 INT

4 rushes for 26 yards

21-18 Loss (Interestingly enough, TT actually lead Cleveland to what should have been the game winning TD with 1 minute left in the game, but they missed the PAT, then the Saints kicked a FG as time expired)

Week 3 vs Jets

4/14 for 19 yards

4 rushes for 22 yards

Injured by halftime and Baker took over. Baker played pretty well and TT never left the bench after that. 

Pretty ugly game against the Jets, but Tyrod played fine in the first 2 weeks. Seems like a lot of fans on here forget all of Tyrod's average games and only remember the duds (he has significantly more average games than bad games). 

He's not the long term answer at QB, but he's really not as bad as many posters on here make him out to be. 

15/40 for 197 1 TD 1 INT is not fine in today’s NFL. That’s BAD.

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What a stupid thread.  Maybe we should wait until our current qb averages more passing yards than Tyrod did when he was here.

i was more than ready to move on from Tyrod but this is just garbage and salty.  He is a good guy, decent if unspectacular qb, and helped us end the drought.  Why trash him?

It’s so weird the double standards people have here.  We just had the 23th ranked scoring offense and people are ready to build a statue.  Yet, we have a thread trashing the guy who helped us get a 10 and 12th ranked scoring offense. 

He’s actually above .500.  He is a slightly worse version of Alex Smith.  Why he gets trashed is weird to me.  And I was hardly a big fan of his.  

Alex Smith is a winner. Tyrod is a back up.

Stop besmirching this man who basically came back from the dead to go 10-6 with the Washington Football Team.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He’s actually above .500.  He is a slightly worse version of Alex Smith.  Why he gets trashed is weird to me.  And I was hardly a big fan of his.  

Yeah - i look at it like.  All of his horrible stinker games came under dennison... Who was not a particularly innovative offensive mind.  I don't think Hue did much to adapt to his skills either.

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It's pretty obvious why. These are Bills fans, after all. He's the best QB the Bills had since Bledsoe's first half of 2004. Yes, he wasn't aggressive but that also meant he didn't lose games for them like Fitzpatrick would every other week.

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

15/40 for 197 1 TD 1 INT is not fine in today’s NFL. That’s BAD.

Alex Smith is a winner. Tyrod is a back up.

Stop besmirching this man who basically came back from the dead to go 10-6 with the Washington Football Team.

Good job ignoring the 8 rushes for 77 yards and a rushing TD. That definitely brings that game up to "fine". 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s Taylor’s niche.  He’s a modestly compensated (by NFL standards), bridge QB.  I tip my hat to him for making a fine living by doing that.  The only issue with him here was that most Bills fans convinced themselves that he was more than that when the team ignored the need at QB and kept trotting him out as the starter.  Then they got pissy when he didn’t live up to that hype.  

I am glad to say I was never a Tyrod fan to the point that I didn't see his shortcomings.  It amazed me when you pointed ANYTHING out about him legions of people bit your head off.  Then he started really lowering his own bar and yeah peeps got pissy for sure....but early on he was a demigod....which was just weird.

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

While there is definitely some truth in this..... I do think that offense was driven by the scheme and the backs. Tyrod wasn't the driver of that offense. He played his part, and I am taking nothing away from him but he was a piece rather than the piece. Which was smart on the Bills part because if you want a top 10 offense you don't want Tyrod to drive it.

The reality of 2015 and 2016 is Greg Roman is a really darn good coordinator. I said that when he was here. He is one of the most innovative offensive coordinators in the NFL. But people don't give him the respect he deserves because when you say "innovative offense" what people expect is lots of passing. The assumption almost seems to be you can't be innovative if you run a lot. But Greg Roman's rush offense is innovative. It is so multiple it keeps defences guessing.

No rookie camps, a shortened training camp, and no preseason.

Defenses are always way ahead of offenses in the preseason. We're probably going to see the same thing through the first quarter of the regular season this year.

It makes total sense to not throw a rookie QB out to the wolves to start the season.

There's no need to waste your rookie QB in a season that has no expectations and every excuse built in.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Yeah - i look at it like.  All of his horrible stinker games came under dennison... Who was not a particularly innovative offensive mind.  I don't think Hue did much to adapt to his skills either.

He played bad games under Roman and Lynn too. His performance at Cincinnati week 10 of 2016, even in a win, was the day I said this guy has to go. Wide receivers were running open all over the darn field and Tyrd was running around in circles behind the line of scrimmage like a fly that has just been zapped and is not quite dead.

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Who was that dude with the heat maps who said Roman’s offense hit so many big plays and would score too fast, which was the reason our defense sucked?

There is no way you don't know who that poster was.  i don't think BigCat ever had a post that you didn't argue.

11 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

It's pretty obvious why. These are Bills fans, after all. He's the best QB the Bills had since Bledsoe's first half of 2004. Yes, he wasn't aggressive but that also meant he didn't lose games for them like Fitzpatrick would every other week.

Fitz > Tyrod. Fitz lost us games chucking INTs at the end because he needed to throw at the end of the game - we were behind!

Fitz had defences that ranked 28th, 30th and 26th in points and 24th, 26th and 22nd in yards.

Tyrod had defences that ranked 15th, 16th and 18th in points and 19th, 19th, and 26th in yards.

That isn't to say Tyrod sucked, he didn't. But post Bledsoe 2004 I have Fitz #1 and Tyrod #2. Orton was probably #3 and then there is a huge gap to #4. Fitz and Tyrod were during their stints here legitimately among the best 32 professional Quarterbacks in the world. Orton was just about in that bracket his season too. The rest of what we had were bums.

23 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

need more detail on obviousness, sounds like malarkey.  

tyrod and fitz both kinda stink.   It’s okay to admit it.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He played bad games under Roman and Lynn too. His performance at Cincinnati week 10 of 2016, even in a win, was the day I said this guy has to go. Wide receivers were running open all over the darn field and Tyrd was running around in circles behind the line of scrimmage like a fly that has just been zapped and is not quite dead.

I never got to that point with Tyrod until the 2017 season, though the loss at Seattle really made me wonder, because while he played well - he wasn’t able to bring them back from behind when it mattered.  

To his credit, he did lead the Bills to a lead very late in the 4th quarter against a playoff bound Miami Dolphins team and in the process threw for over 300 yards.  I thought he had turned the corner that day for the better.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This was one of the oddest things that I can remember. The Bills gave up 493 yards and 37 points and fired the OC after his unit hung 31 on the Jets. Rex is the biggest moron that the Bills have ever had. He set that team back.

Plus, a second ranked defense with Jim Schwarz to a 24th ranked D with just two starting personnel changes. Disgraceful.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t get the Alex Smith slam.  He is a winning starting QB.  He suffered through what 8-9 offensive schemes and coordinators.  He used to run for around 500 yards a season, and had between two to a three to one ratio on TD/Int’s.  He gets knocked for a game manager, but all really good QB’s are game managers.  Brady, Manning, and Simon were good game managers.  They know who to throw it to, and when to throw it away.  Smith was a winner at the end of his SF career, KC, and Washington.  For most of his time in SF, he was on terrible teams.

It will be easier to laugh at Tyrod starting for the Chargers when our own QB's play is clearly distinguishable from Tyrod.  But still, why would I laugh?  Tyrod provided the best QB play the Bills had seen in over a decade, had little defensive support, and helped end the drought.    

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 2

Woah it been a while since a good Tyrod Bashing thread. 

He was the best Option the bills had at the time.  he wasn’t the future... He was conservative and struggled to work the middle of the field. But he did some good things, He made a few nice plays... and certainly wasn’t the weakest link on the team. 

• Like (+1) 2