Lmao, Tyrod’s gonna start another football game ?

Teddy KGB

1 minute ago, ALF said:

They don't want to put Herbert in there before he is ready

Sounds like the Baker Mayfield situation. Tyrod looked pretty bad and they were forced to throw Mayfield in there (actually I think Tyrod technically got hurt).

But if Tyrod starts playing like he did in Buffalo, he is a good bridge QB and someone to hold down the fort until their young gun is ready.

• Like (+1) 11

That’s Taylor’s niche.  He’s a modestly compensated (by NFL standards), bridge QB.  I tip my hat to him for making a fine living by doing that.  The only issue with him here was that most Bills fans convinced themselves that he was more than that when the team ignored the need at QB and kept trotting him out as the starter.  Then they got pissy when he didn’t live up to that hype.  

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Herbert is overated. Put up tons of stats against easy competition in non-conferemce games. Wasn't that good against better competition. 

If TT stays healthy, the Chargers can win 8 or more games and be in WC hunt. I had then finishing second in AFC West prior to James injury. My guess is the Raiders, Chargers, and Broncos will all finish with 7 to 9 wins. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Yep, that’s what they thought in Cleveland. Sorry, Tyrod is what he is. There is no mystery, no untapped potential. Solid person, below average QB skills. 

You might be right, but it is also important to remember that, Hue coaching < Lynn coaching and considering how Tyrod did with Lynn that < might be <<<

18 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s Taylor’s niche.  He’s a modestly compensated (by NFL standards), bridge QB.  I tip my hat to him for making a fine living by doing that.  The only issue with him here was that most Bills fans convinced themselves that he was more than that when the team ignored the need at QB and kept trotting him out as the starter.  Then they got pissy when he didn’t live up to that hype.  

I don't think that's what Tyrod thinks.

• Haha (+1) 2

I don’t think we’ll see a whole new Tyrod in 2020.  He’ll be exactly what he’s been his whole career.  We’ll see him make some good plays with his legs, take care of the football, and probably hit a few nice deep passes downfield.  If the team can get ahead he’ll do a very good job nursing that lead.

I don’t think he’ll be the QB who can bring you back when falling behind or the QB who can lead the team to a TD on the last drive.

If anything, we know that Tyrod is a really good person so I’m rooting for him in SD.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, MJS said:

Sounds like the Baker Mayfield situation. Tyrod looked pretty bad and they were forced to throw Mayfield in there (actually I think Tyrod technically got hurt).

But if Tyrod starts playing like he did in Buffalo, he is a good bridge QB and someone to hold down the fort until their young gun is ready.

Tyrod is never going to play like he did in Buffalo again.

Tyrod is in his 10th year in the NFL and has made millions of dollars-not bad for a 6th round pick, and he has a Super Bowl ring from his days backing up Joe Flacco.  He's overachieved his whole career in spite of a limited amount of talent.  He must be very well liked among his teammates to last this long.  He & Fitz have done more with little than most backups/part time starters.  Both are starting opening day-amazing!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why is that?

Because Tyrod is a one dimensional player who is relatively easy for competent defensive coordinators to stop.

Baker kinda sucked last year and he was still better than Tyrod in Cleveland. Tyrod was borderline unplayable by the end of his tenure there. Got worse every year. Was bad in Buffalo near the end. 

He’s toast.

• Like (+1) 3

I’ve heard some rumors about Herbert not looking good in practice and a couple charger fans I know weren’t thrilled with him and one of them hated when they picked him in the draft. Herbert honestly to me is either going to be great or he’s going to turn into Brock Osweiler 2.0 there’s not gonna be an in between with him

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I don’t think we’ll see a whole new Tyrod in 2020.  He’ll be exactly what he’s been his whole career.  We’ll see him make some good plays with his legs, take care of the football, and probably hit a few nice deep passes downfield.  If the team can get ahead he’ll do a very good job nursing that lead.

I don’t think he’ll be the QB who can bring you back when falling behind or the QB who can lead the team to a TD on the last drive.

If anything, we know that Tyrod is a really good person so I’m rooting for him in SD.  

agree. TT seems like a solid guy. He’s no superstar, but can be serviceable and I’ll be rooting for him too. 

• Like (+1) 1