Lmao, Tyrod’s gonna start another football game ?

Teddy KGB

30 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

the greg roman offense was great.  he should have been the HC when Rex was fired.  said that many times.  but when the HC is fired , everyone goes. the way it is

He should have been made interim HC when he was fired. After the week 2 embarrassment to the Jets where Rex's defense was shredded it should have been the Ryan boys and Dennis Thurman who were fired. Promote Roman to interim HC and Lynn to OC the problem would have been who to make DC. The Dline coach and the secondary coach are now out of football and Bobby April III (linebackers) is coaching linebackers at Wisconsin. It really was a no star defensive staff. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Logic said:

Imagine taking the time to start a thread making fun of the man who was the starting QB for the Bills the year they made the playoffs for the first time in 17 seasons.

Couldn't be me.

56 yards vs Saints, 3 point playoff performance.     Sorry guy, he ain’t it.   

If he wasn’t a terrible Qb they beat the jags.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He should have been made interim HC when he was fired. After the week 2 embarrassment to the Jets where Rex's defense was shredded it should have been the Ryan boys and Dennis Thurman who were fired. Promote Roman to interim HC and Lynn to OC the problem would have been who to make DC. The Dline coach and the secondary coach are now out of football and Bobby April III (linebackers) is coaching linebackers at Wisconsin. It really was a no star defensive staff. 

This was one of the oddest things that I can remember. The Bills gave up 493 yards and 37 points and fired the OC after his unit hung 31 on the Jets. Rex is the biggest moron that the Bills have ever had. He set that team back.

• Like (+1) 4

Tyrod was a great person and by all accounts a great teammate. I have no issues with Tyrod. He was the QB of the team that ended the drought. For that, he will always get dap from me. At QB he is what he is. He's a heck of an athlete who will make some crazy plays with his legs, throw the occasional beautiful deep ball, and basically check down everything else. Beane fleeced Cleveland for that 3rd Round pick. In LA he will be a lower quarter of the league level starter who could possibly help them win 8 at the most. With their OL though I don't know if he will get them to .500 in the end. Best of luck to the guy though, just not against us. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This was one of the oddest things that I can remember. The Bills gave up 493 yards and 37 points and fired the OC after his unit hung 31 on the Jets. Rex is the biggest moron that the Bills have ever had. He set that team back.

He did. Absolutely stupid hire and I said it the moment it leaked out. But let's say we had hired one of the less immediately obvious failures.... even someone like Adam Gase who they interviewed in that search or Dan Quinn maybe. If they had taken an extra year to fail then by the time we had been looking we'd have missed out on Sean McDermott. It is something I don't think NFL teams really do often enough. They seem to decide to fire their coach and then just draw up a list of who is out there at that point in time. In soccer we have increasingly seen clubs try to coincide the firing of their coach with the availability of someone that they have really identified as the right fit for them over a longer period. I think the Raiders did it with Del Rio who probably would have got another year had Gruden not made it clear that was the year he felt ready to come back but the Bills never really seemed to think that strategically. We lucked into McDermott a little bit in that regard. Had the Panthers not made the Superbowl I'm convinced he'd have got a job the year before.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

A good bridge based on what?  He sucked.  Of course, because he's black, he's held to a higher standard (his words, not mine) .. but he has sucked ever since he entered the NFL.  To this day, Beane's biggest accomplishment was getting a 3rd round pick for this piece of crap.

F, Marry, Kill?

Tyrod Taylor, Alex Rodriguez, Donald Trump

😂🤣😆

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Your point stands, but we did have a non-offensive TD that game. Tyrod had 2 70+ yard TD passes too!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

37 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Who was that dude with the heat maps who said Roman’s offense hit so many big plays and would score too fast, which was the reason our defense sucked?

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Funny how much this applies to our current QB.

The same people who vehemently defend him now did the same for Tuh-ROD when he was on the team! 

Not me.

I knew what Tyrod was after watching him for the first half of a season. I coupled what I watched with how long he had been in the league. Tyrod was always going to be a below average player at QB in regards to passing. 
By ever metric Josh has progressed since his first season. That’s just fact. My eyes also see Josh getting better. 
Josh must continue to progress to become a top 10 QB. There is zero evidence right now to say Josh can not do that. 

so long as they dont win against us, I wish him all teh best. I may be in a minority here, but feel he did right by the Bills - won a 3-way QB battle, coulda led em to the playoffs but for being injured in that London Manuel game, took a paycut to work something out etc. Yes he was not a gunslinger who could bring a team back - but nobody is perfect. While I am more than happy with JA, Tuhrod can be a positive addition to the right team.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I have a feeling that Lynn is going to try to run the Greg Roman offense with Taylor. If it works is another question because taylor isnt Lamar jackson

I mean, if they're going to run more read option plays, and attack teams vertically and with boundary passes... thats literally all the things taylor can do well.  Allens a solid receiver, he can get open on those hitches and comebacks that the roman offense runs.  They can probably move ekeler around to get him some passes too.  

In any case - he's much better in an offense like that than he was in a dennison west coast style offense.  Give him a quick half field read and then take off.  Run the ball to get in makeable 3rds.  

11 hours ago, FireChans said:

Because Tyrod is a one dimensional player who is relatively easy for competent defensive coordinators to stop.

Baker kinda sucked last year and he was still better than Tyrod in Cleveland. Tyrod was borderline unplayable by the end of his tenure there. Got worse every year. Was bad in Buffalo near the end. 

He’s toast.

Tyrod's tenure in Cleveland was 2.5 games. 

Week 1 vs Steelers

15/40 for 197 yards 1 TD 1 INT 

8 rushes for 77 yards 1 TD

21-21 Tie

Week 2 vs Saints

22/30 for 246 yards 1 TD 1 INT

4 rushes for 26 yards

21-18 Loss (Interestingly enough, TT actually lead Cleveland to what should have been the game winning TD with 1 minute left in the game, but they missed the PAT, then the Saints kicked a FG as time expired)

Week 3 vs Jets

4/14 for 19 yards

4 rushes for 22 yards

Injured by halftime and Baker took over. Baker played pretty well and TT never left the bench after that. 

Pretty ugly game against the Jets, but Tyrod played fine in the first 2 weeks. Seems like a lot of fans on here forget all of Tyrod's average games and only remember the duds (he has significantly more average games than bad games). 

He's not the long term answer at QB, but he's really not as bad as many posters on here make him out to be. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Dragoon said:

Tyrod is so painful to watch. I hate him because he doesn’t play to his talent because he plays so conservatively. No risk-it,  no biscuit. 

After last year where somehow winstons ball security was actually worse - but rivers threw 20 picks and fumbled 8 times.  Thats pretty awful.

10th in yards but 29th in turnovers on offense.  Field position is huge.  Combine that with them having the worst takeaway number in football (which tends to fluctuate a bit from year to year) - Tyrod's ball security and a progression towards average in takeaways on defense could lead to them winning some more close games.  The reason those buffalo  teams won 9 games was typically because we were so boring and ended up net positive on turnover diff every year.

What a stupid thread.  Maybe we should wait until our current qb averages more passing yards than Tyrod did when he was here.

i was more than ready to move on from Tyrod but this is just garbage and salty.  He is a good guy, decent if unspectacular qb, and helped us end the drought.  Why trash him?

11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol. It did work for two years.... It’s exactly what Lynn did in 2016 here. It would be great if the 2020 Bills offense is as good as the 2016 Bills offense.... best Bills offense in a long time.... and it’s really not close.

It’s so weird the double standards people have here.  We just had the 23th ranked scoring offense and people are ready to build a statue.  Yet, we have a thread trashing the guy who helped us get a 10 and 12th ranked scoring offense. 

It’s like some people are trapped in some weird echo chamber with the Bills. 

4 hours ago, davefan66 said:

He’s a .500 kind of guy.  Will do just enough to keep them in games.

Looking at their schedule, it looks to favor TT.  Worst of it is the Chiefs and Saints in the first 5 games.  They play two each against the Raiders and Broncos in the division . Toss the Phins, bengals and Jets  in there, isn’t a terrible schedule.  Have a good defense that can help keep them in games.

He’s actually above .500.  He is a slightly worse version of Alex Smith.  Why he gets trashed is weird to me.  And I was hardly a big fan of his.  

• Like (+1) 3