Bills exploring possibility of allowing fans in stadium

YoloinOhio

Hopefully this happens. 

Would be really frustrating to have no fans against the Jets, only to play the Jets w/ fans at the Meadowlands later in the year. 

You can absolutely socially distance at 20-25% in an outdoor football stadium.   

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Hopefully this happens. 

Would be really frustrating to have no fans against the Jets, only to play the Jets w/ fans at the Meadowlands later in the year. 

You can absolutely socially distance at 20-25% in an outdoor football stadium.   

If you simply helicoptered onto the field and went to your seats then sure.

How can you do it in narrow concourses and ramps leading to the seats themselves?

How do you do in bathrooms?

Outside the gates leading into the stadium?

The seating part isn't the issue, the issue is getting to the seating and use of the bathrooms.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

How can you do it in narrow concourses and ramps leading to the seats themselves?

The seating part isn't the issue, the issue is getting to the seating and use of the bathrooms.

For getting into and out of the stadium you have assigned gate times for the sections.  For bathrooms you have a security guard who only allows a certain number of fans in to do their business at a time. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Encouraging considering they already announced Jets/Giants home games won't have fans.  Having 15 to 20k fans there is better than nothing.

I think it’s probably 6 of one half dozen the other, having been in stadiums that empty. Especially with many being so far away in this scenario 

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

At least until they get a couple of beers in them and they spot much better seating closer to the field...

Keeping some fans in their designated area will be the challenge, sadly. 

It only takes a few to ruin it for the many.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, cd1 said:

At least until they get a couple of beers in them and they spot much better seating closer to the field...

Keeping some fans in their designated area will be the challenge, sadly. 

It only takes a few to ruin it for the many.

That's what I think.  How do you keep people in their assigned seats.  Are they going to have a cop at every section?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I think that's why it says they're considering it and probably asking the same questions

• Like (+1) 2

LOL

Talk about a total lack of news/info to discuss.

So let me get this straight, in a shocking admission the Bills are, "exploring the possibility" of having fans in the stadium.

My God, truly amazing.

It would be more "newsworthy" if they came out and said we are not exploring the possibilty of fans, we are just not going to allow them under any circumstances.

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

I remember going in '84 with 20k. 

That year and '85 were the low point of the franchise, imo.   Pat McGroder's W-o-F ceremony where Ralph was booed by a sparse, socially distanced, angry crowd and Pat tried to defend him was the emotional bottom.

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

For getting into and out of the stadium you have assigned gate times for the sections.  For bathrooms you have a security guard who only allows a certain number of fans in to do their business at a time. 

Good luck with that...kinda like schools are finding out with all their great plans...too many points of failure with only one needed.

Edited by matter2003

17 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Just open up, 50 percent capacity, Wear masks , it will all be good 

Ask schools and universities how that is going...

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I've been in dozens and dozens of situations in grocery stores that have had me in closer proximity to more people than when I walk to my seat at Bills games.

I hope they do this and I'd absolutely go

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Good luck with that...kinda like schools are finding out with all their great plans...too many points of failure with only one needed.

Sorry but your comparison isnt a good one.  Schools are open five days a week and need to accommodate 100% capacity somehow.   A stadium is one day a week and can determine the amount of people they allow in.

I think you're coming into this with the idea it cant happen.   Cant never could.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I've been tracking social distancing measures and disease rates across different states and countries for months. Non-immunoligical legislation doesn't dent this virus. A limited number of fans would be absolutely fine and won't contribute to DEATH and DESPAIR any more than was already coming 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Same way you do at Walmart and all the other places that have been open this whole time. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Same way you do at Walmart and all the other places that have been open this whole time. 

right.... or like how the governor here in PA says i'm allowed to stand 15 deep in the customer service line of LOWES, which just so happens to be right next to the "Enter" door that people are flooding into. LOL.

it all makes so much sense.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How reasonable is it to segregate the stadium between the young drunken a--holes and the old fart mask wearing killjoys?

uh... what about the tweeners.... depends on how my back feels when i wake up that morning i suppose.

I work in a major hotel, over 1,000 rooms. Masks and social distancing are required by law in all public indoor common areas. 90% of the people are complying, no problem. The other 10% are a nightmare. Won't wear the masks, won't socially distance. They are loud and mentally and physically abusive to staff and other guests.

That will happen at the stadium in the restroom and food areas. If I was the owner of the Bills, I would pass on fans at the stadium this year. The headaches they will cause will far outweigh the benefits of having them there.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I work in a major hotel, over 1,000 rooms. Masks are required by law in all public indoor common areas. 90% of the people are complying, no problem. The other 10% are a nightmare. Won't wear the masks, won't socially distance. They are loud and mentally and physically abusive to staff and other guests.

That will happen at the stadium in the restroom and food areas. If I was the owner of the Bills, I would pass on fans at the stadium this year. The headaches they will cause will far outweigh the benefits of having them there.

I'm afraid you are correct. There will always be that 10% that insist their good time is protected by the Constitution.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Greg S said:

They probably could get 20K separated comfortably. The stadium holds 72K. It's an outdoor stadium so that helps as opposed to a stadium like NO.

13 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Why not spread them out. 

At 20% capacity, that works out to 4 empty seats for every one filled. So you have 2 empty seats to the left, right, front and back. Might work.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

At 20% capacity, that works out to 4 empty seats for every one filled. So you have 2 empty seats to the left, right, front and back. Might work.

That's not 6 feet apart though.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

If you can't be 6' apart, then wear a mask.

If someone doesn't want to risk infection, then they can watch from the comfort of their couch.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I’ve been in Wegmans, Walmart, Target and Lowe’s over the last 5 months and I’ve seen NOTHING that compares to the gates, concourses or restrooms at the stadium. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

All of this. If you/we think drunken Bills fans will ALL wear masks, and ALL distance 6-8' across the board, I'll take the under and put all of my assets on there. 

Good news, I don't have any assets. You win!

• Like (+1) 2