The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

The ‘pandemic’ goes on. (In parenthesis because I believe someone shared that the current case and death rates are below the actual definition of the term.) And now, in an election year, the opposition party wants to use the demise of their fellow citizens as a springboard towards power. Nice! The problem is Biden has no plans to do anything different come January....but that gets lost in the details.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, dubs said:

That article is well written and concise.  I feel this libertarian mindset is so far removed from the fat lazy American approach to life that it is immediately dismissed by the masses.  What this virus should teach us is this: we collectively need to take personal control of our lives.  Be it personal health, economic standing, and personal freedoms.  Sweden gets this for the most part.  They do love their gov't run health care, but they do have a quantum leap difference in general health.  That makes it easier on the gov't, for sure.

Be lazy, pay the price.  The virus will eventually find you.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

That article is well written and concise.  I feel this libertarian mindset is so far removed from the fat lazy American approach to life that it is immediately dismissed by the masses.  What this virus should teach us is this: we collectively need to take personal control of our lives.  Be it personal health, economic standing, and personal freedoms.  Sweden gets this for the most part.  They do love their gov't run health care, but they do have a quantum leap difference in general health.  That makes it easier on the gov't, for sure.

Please point me to a "Libertarian" society or country, past or present that has been a sustained - or even modest success - or even in existence ...

Edited by TH3

8 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Please point me to a "Libertarian" society or country, past or present that has been a sustained - or even modest success - or even in existence ...

The article from the mises.org has an obvious libertarian slant to it.  That's why I mentioned it.

To your point, there is no single philosophy that rules the day.  A libertarian society would look like the wild west in short order.  My point is a little more self reliance wouldn't hurt.  Blending that into our current governmental approach would only help.

Edited by BeerLeagueHockey
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

very true. 

conditioned dependence in this country is a huge problem, across all demographics. 

"Now some researchers are wrestling with a hopeful possibility. In interviews with The New York Times, more than a dozen scientists said that the threshold is likely to be much lower: just 50 percent, perhaps even less. If that’s true, then it may be possible to turn back the coronavirus more quickly than once thought."

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

Still less than 1.7 million, Trump saved lives!!!!!

Yep.

Still, I expect SoTier's latest post showing the national count going up.

As if, in an epidemic, when you add the next day's total to the whole, it isn't higher.

Of course it is higher, that is how it works !

Now have the balls to show how the infection rate and deaths are steadily decreasing.

28 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Yep.

As if, in an epidemic, when you add the next day's total to the whole, it isn't higher.

Now have the balls to show how the infection rate and deaths are steadily decreasing.

image.thumb.png.83567708d17e1df144fa050cb69d1cc7.pngimage.thumb.png.91c80561cb232f2096e9126e582a9a73.png

My other personal favorite highlights of this sham that contributed to the hysteria...

1.  That viral video from China of a guy passed out on public steps somewhere allegedly "dying" in the streets

2. Covid toes

3. Kawasaki disease 

4. CBS using footage of an Italian hospital and calling it a NYC one

5. That Instagram post from the crisis actress pretending to be a nurse in NYC in the middle of a "surge."  

6. The missing cell phones in China

7.  The body bag purchases in Taiwan

Feel free to add your own....this was another:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Yep.

RECORD HIGHS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

My other personal favorite highlights of this sham that contributed to the hysteria...

1.  That viral video from China of a guy passed out on public steps somewhere allegedly "dying" in the streets

2. Covid toes

3. Kawasaki disease 

4. CBS using footage of an Italian hospital and calling it a NYC one

5. That Instagram post from the crisis actress pretending to be a nurse in NYC in the middle of a "surge."  

6. The missing cell phones in China

7.  The body bag purchases in Taiwan

Feel free to add your own....this was another:

I dont recall this one. Refresh my memory please.

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s gotta be because Joe came out of his bunker and yelled something about masks. Come on Man!

Maybe Creepy Joe sent Cornpop - a noted bad dude - to take care of COVID down there.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

I dont recall this one. Refresh my memory please.

At your service (I forgot she was a nurse but had quit and hadn't been in a hospital for over a year) because she was transitioning to be an "Instagram Influencer:"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/unc-chapel-hill-coronavirus-cluster/2020/08/17/8ebce060-e0ab-11ea-8181-606e603bb1c4_story.html

The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, one of the largest schools in the country to bring students to campus for in-person teaching, said Monday it will pivot to all-remote instruction for undergraduates after testing showed a pattern of rapid spread of the novel coronavirus.

Officials announced the abrupt change just a week after classes began at the 30,000-student state flagship university.

They said 177 cases of the dangerous pathogen had been confirmed among students, out of hundreds tested. Another 349 students were in quarantine, on and off campus, because of possible exposure to the virus, they said.

The remote-teaching order for undergraduate classes will take effect Wednesday, and the university will take steps to allow students to leave campus housing without financial penalty if they wish.

“We understand the concern and frustrations these changes will raise with many students and parents,” UNC-Chapel Hill’s chancellor, Kevin M. Guskiewicz, and provost, Robert A. Blouin, wrote in a statement. “As much as we believe we have worked diligently to help create a healthy and safe campus living and learning environment, we believe the current data presents an untenable situation.”

Clusters of cases had popped up in three residence halls and a fraternity house at UNC-Chapel Hill in the first week of the fall term, sending students into isolation and quarantine rooms and raising faculty worries about how far the dangerous pathogen will spread in the campus community.

One influential administrator, the UNC-Chapel Hill dean of public health, called for a change in approach because she said the in-person method is not working.

7 hours ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

What this virus should teach us is this: we collectively need to take personal control of our lives. 

As long as there are Democrats, there will be people telling you you're too stupid to be in control of your own life, and only the government knows what is best for you.

Every leftist I know has one common thread: they need the government to make life fair for them.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Yep.

...last I heard he was waiting for new calculator batteries from Amazon.........they can't find JAMESTOWN NY.....................

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

At your service (I forgot she was a nurse but had quit and hadn't been in a hospital for over a year) because she was transitioning to be an "Instagram Influencer:"

WOW! Didnt know about this impostor. Is this Tibs?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

"The degree of myocarditis was not explained by the severity of the initial illness.

Though the study has some flaws, and the generalizability and significance of its findings not fully known, it makes clear that in young patients who had seemingly overcome SARS-CoV-2 it’s fairly common for the heart to be affected."

But noted.  We will be studying its impact on humans for decades.  You're free to shelter in place until then.   

interesting tho what they declare confidently they know...and don't know.  In March a virus on this planet for 3 months, we KNEW HCQ was a nope.  Done deal.  Dont even bother.. Despite studies and front line doctors saying it works if given early and as a cocktail of drugs.  

Some "flawed" research on potential heart issues........stop the presses, close the colleges, cancel football.  

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

"The degree of myocarditis was not explained by the severity of the initial illness.

Though the study has some flaws, and the generalizability and significance of its findings not fully known, it makes clear that in young patients who had seemingly overcome SARS-CoV-2 it’s fairly common for the heart to be affected."

But noted.  We will be studying its impact on humans for decades.  You're free to shelter in place until then.   

interesting tho what they declare confidently they know...and don't know.  In March a virus on this planet for 3 months, we KNEW HCQ was a nope.  Done deal.  Dont even bother.. Despite studies and front line doctors saying it works if given early and as a cocktail of drugs.  

Some "flawed" research on potential heart issues........stop the presses, close the colleges, cancel football.  

Any chance the myocarditis existed before the kung flu, but not diagnosed until after?

23 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Any chance the myocarditis existed before the kung flu, but not diagnosed until after?

Maybe, but most likely a result of an acute viral infection.  Myocarditis has a long and established link to most infections, snake/bug bites, chemotherapy - the list goes on and on.  Basically, your body get attacked by something, your body responds creating antibodies, and as a result tissues and sometimes organs get inflamed.  Similar to an autoimmune disease. 

Here is a good prognosis: "Patients with acute fulminant myocarditis, once they survive the acute illness, had an excellent long-term prognosis of 93% at 11 years..." Citation.

I get it, this is all new and needs further study.  But this opinion piece guy want more eyes on heart disease in general, and covaids has cracked that door open for his interests.

2 hours ago, Gary M said:

Entering Influenza  + myocarditis into pubmed =451 publications.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=Influenza+myocarditis+

1 hour ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Maybe, but most likely a result of an acute viral infection.  Myocarditis has a long and established link to most infections, snake/bug bites, chemotherapy - the list goes on and on.  Basically, your body get attacked by something, your body responds creating antibodies, and as a result tissues and sometimes organs get inflamed.  Similar to an autoimmune disease. 

Here is a good prognosis: "Patients with acute fulminant myocarditis, once they survive the acute illness, had an excellent long-term prognosis of 93% at 11 years..." Citation.

I get it, this is all new and needs further study.  But this opinion piece guy want more eyes on heart disease in general, and covaids has cracked that door open for his interests.

Disgusting title to that NYT article. Purposely conflating heart disease, a chronic disease that is far more likely to kill you and your loved ones than any other cause, with myocarditis an acute condition. 

500k-600k Americans die from heart disease every single year. 

Journalism is dead. Our media and their panic pr0n hair on fire reporting is responsible for this disinformation. Before this COVID-19 hysteria, I thought the "msm" had little sway over the American public as poll after poll found the "msm" had little credibility. The last five months has me rethinking that stance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

The boston redsox pitcher had myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart . (ACE 2 in the heart as well)

Well my niece had myocarditis but different virus consackie b virus. It was a miracle she lived. But anyway's virus can go to the heart (in the world). She was on ecmo for a month, during the time covid19 was bad in Buffalo. Mercy flight to Buffalo hands turning blue and one day my sister was going to say good bye but got lots better. But thankfully doing well. Has a big scar on her neck.   Lots of virus around the world can do harm. And can get to the heart. 

• Like (+1) 4

TIME TO END THE LOCKDOWN LUNACY: 

J.B. Handley clearly, logically and cogently argues that the science shows we have lost our collective minds over Covid. And that’s hugely significant because we should all “follow the science,” right? Right?

Now, Handley wrote this longish post on July 28, so why am I encouraging you to read it today? Well, when you reach the point in his essay where he explains the significance of August 25th, it will all make sense.

• Like (+1) 1