The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

7 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

couple of questions that may have been answered already.....

why is NYC area so hard hit as opposed to other metro centers like LA, Chicago, Boston and DC, and i get the westward creep, but Boston and especially DC should be on par with NYC, as well as Philly, but Philly is higher than the others mentioned other than NYC.

NYC residents spend more time in confined areas is my guess.  More time in elevators, subways, trains, taxis etc.  DC hasn't peaked yet.

How did the USS Roosevelt get the virus when the area they stopped at 15 days prior to first diagnosis had virtually no cases

Several crew members spent time at a hotel where a couple of British Tourists had the virus.  Although all crew members who went to that hotel were quarantined aboard ship, people didn't know enough about the disease and it would appear that Vietnam had wider transmission than they knew.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

why is NYC area so hard hit as opposed to other metro centers like LA, Chicago, Boston and DC, and i get the westward creep, but Boston and especially DC should be on par with NYC, as well as Philly, but Philly is higher than the others mentioned other than NYC

How did the USS Roosevelt get the virus when the area they stopped at 15 days prior to first diagnosis had virtually no cases

Nashville is a major destination city, and one that refused to shut down but eventually gave in, and this right after major tornado destruction that brought thousands of people to the area to help the relief efforts.  Why weren't they more affected?  I was there 2 days after the tornadoes and trust me, my eyes were totally focused on the post 14 day mark on my calendar as were the 15 other friends i was with, not s single whiff of any symptoms from us or any of our family members.

Just curious

Population Density for U.S. Cities Statistics

2 minutes ago, GG said:

That's why you have to look at what he meant with his childish comments.  He's taking about light penetrating deeper into the skin.

And injecting disinfectants. Both are incredibly stupid for treating Covid-19, but I guess they would kill SARS-COV-2!

He doesn't pull things out of thin air.  He hears a few snippets from the experts, then jumbles the topic in the PC. 

Can you imagine how hard the scientists must try to coach him behind the scenes. The things he must suggest there? 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GG said:

Actually UVC light does a pretty damn good job of killing the virus.

Does anyone know how I can inject myself with a tanning bed to kill the virus from the inside out?  I can't find a big enough syringe.

13 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

why is NYC area so hard hit as opposed to other metro centers like LA, Chicago, Boston and DC, and i get the westward creep, but Boston and especially DC should be on par with NYC, as well as Philly, but Philly is higher than the others mentioned other than NYC

Nashville is a major destination city, and one that refused to shut down but eventually gave in, and this right after major tornado destruction that brought thousands of people to the area to help the relief efforts.  Why weren't they more affected?  I was there 2 days after the tornadoes and trust me, my eyes were totally focused on the post 14 day mark on my calendar as were the 15 other friends i was with, not s single whiff of any symptoms from us or any of our family members.

Just curious

Public transportation / hygiene and a high prevalence of heart disease/ obesity. 

12 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Dumbest thing I've heard since asking if the flu shot would help. 

The guy in charge is so out to lunch it's scary. 

12 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Covid 19?  Inject disinfectant and put ultraviolet lights inside your body, problem solved.???

11 hours ago, shoshin said:

I had to find this clip. What a moron! Drinking 8 oz of bleach will also end your battle with Covid-19. So will cooking yourself for 2 minutes in a microwave. There are a lot of ways to deal with Covid-19.

I know! I know! Let's do nothing and ask no questions so more people can die!! <_<

When you watched the clip, the guy from homeland security said, "we are looking into it" and "we will look into it." As scientists, no stone can be left unturned when searching for a cure to a disease.

I am quite sure some of the doctors on this board can tell you about things that they layperson would consider poison when ingested, that are used in diluted/different formulas for XYZ in the medical treatments. Heck, radioactive iodine, radioactive therapy for cancer, chemo drugs are poison - and I am just some schlump thinking about it - yet all are used on the human body to "cure" some diseases.  

Maybe you all would like to think outside the box for ways to combat this virus instead of acting like our press and dismissing everything President Trump says out of hand, simply because President Trump has said them.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GG said:

That's why you have to look at what he meant with his childish comments.  He's taking about light penetrating deeper into the skin.

He doesn't pull things out of thin air.  He hears a few snippets from the experts, then jumbles the topic in the PC. 

Guess we shouldn't use sunscreen or sunblock. 

5 minutes ago, GG said:

These people making excuses for him are the most pathetic. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I know! I know! Let's do nothing and ask no questions so more people can die!! <_<

When you watched the clip, the guy from homeland security said, "we are looking into it" and "we will look into it." As scientists, no stone can be left unturned when searching for a cure to a disease.

I am quite sure some of the doctors on this board can tell you about things that they layperson would consider poison when ingested, that are used in diluted/different formulas for XYZ in the medical treatments. Heck, radioactive iodine, radioactive therapy for cancer, chemo drugs are poison - and I am just some schlump thinking about it - yet all are used on the human body to "cure" some diseases.  

Maybe you all would like to think outside the box for ways to combat this virus instead of acting like our press and dismissing everything President Trump says out of hand, simply because President Trump has said them.

Losing 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Please stop. I'm dismissing his statements because he made moronic statements, not because of who he is. He demonstrated that the has no understanding of the virus vs the disease, and wasn't listening to the comments made before he got up and talked. He should either not talk science when he's there, or just not be there.  

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

And you are better than this. Turning an inarticulately worded question, that came off sounding stupid, into something more than it was.

Yep, this was nonsensical rambling. Maybe he’s tired? Anyway, no human with a functioning brain cell remaining would take anything of note out of that mumbo jumbo. I dismissed it immediately. Oh well. See, liberals assume they are so supremely intelligent and everyone else is too dumb to figure anything out for themselves. It’s pathetic, really. Wasn’t it a Dem that drank the fish tank cleaner after all ?

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, shoshin said:

Please stop. I'm dismissing his statements because he made moronic statements, not because of who he is. He demonstrated that the has no understanding of the virus vs the disease, and wasn't listening to the comments made before he got up and talked. He should either not talk science when he's there, or just not be there.  

Trump is under attack from lefties 365/24/7. It does not matter what he says or does you will attack him. You have TDS. Seek help. What you are stating is not reasonable nor rational, it is hysterical hyperbole.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This one hits close to home.  The number of backroom bleach ingestors is skyrocketing nationally. Housewives. Steel workers. Gamers. Oddly, pet sitters are becoming addicted at a rate 4x the general population.   It’s the opioid crisis of the residential garment sanitization industry. I fear one day every family in America will be touched by this, and I’m happy they got to you before you chased  the yellow dragon.  

In fact, I think it’s irresponsible that doctors weren’t warning about the danger of drinking bleach prior to the Wuhan Virus.  It borders on medical malpractice. I also think it’s pretty impressive that it only took two journalists to break this story. 

These people are stupid.

Injecting it won’t get it into the lungs. 

I huff Lysol. That’s the trick!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, shoshin said:

You seem a bit irrational about this. You've been going on for pages, making this into something far more than what it was, now you are telling other people to stop? Really?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

You seem a bit irrational about this. You've been going on for pages, making this into something far more than what it was, now you are telling other people to stop? Really?

Because it's all they have.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gary M said:

These people repeating things POTUS never said are most pathetic

He's a ######. He can say anything and you guys would say he said the opposite. He belongs in jail. Total loser

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

LOL, snowflake melting 

16 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Bill Bryan, Senior Official Performing the Duties of the Under Secretary for Science and Technology  - study
Working on R&D
Bio-defense analysis center (Fredrick MD), works with a buncha agencies.
Emerging results trends (showing slides)
Solar light kills it in the air and on surfaces. (Gotta find this slide for accuracy)
Sun + 80% humidity + temp over 70, dies on surface in 2 minutes (half life)
Aerosol - they are suspending the virus to include sunlight. Working with John Hopkins.
* does not survive well in droplets or saliva in sunlight + 20% humidity + solar it dies fast.

Here is the chart:

• Like (+1) 1