The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

24 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

These people making excuses for him are the most pathetic. 

He ASKED the SCIENTIST if anyone was studying it. What’s odd about that? You do realize we’re all communicating on a technology that didn’t exist just ten years ago...right?

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Trump is under attack from lefties 365/24/7. It does not matter what he says or does you will attack him. You have TDS. Seek help. What you are stating is not reasonable nor rational, it is hysterical hyperbole.

Sorry, but you Trumpholes suffer from Trump Distortion Syndrome - (not) sorry you and Trump gets called out non stop for Trumps stupidity.

Remember when the US president was viewed as the leader of the free world - not as incompetent, laughing stock?

50,000 Americans are dead. ???

• We are losing 10,000 every 4 days.
  • 26% of all global deaths are Americans, although we are 4% of the world population
  • At this pace, 100,000 will be dead in 3 weeks. We need some action NOW! Stop showing up media!

Trump continues to do nothing. Fox News continues to spread lies and disinformation. Republicans continue to silently enable him.

This is genocide.

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I know! I know! Let's do nothing and ask no questions so more people can die!! <_<

When you watched the clip, the guy from homeland security said, "we are looking into it" and "we will look into it." As scientists, no stone can be left unturned when searching for a cure to a disease.

I'm simply amazed that guy and Birx could keep a straight face when Trump probably the dumbest things he has ever said.

I am quite sure some of the doctors on this board can tell you about things that they layperson would consider poison when ingested, that are used in diluted/different formulas for XYZ in the medical treatments. Heck, radioactive iodine, radioactive therapy for cancer, chemo drugs are poison - and I am just some schlump thinking about it - yet all are used on the human body to "cure" some diseases.  

Yest but those treatments are tested in clinical trials to prove usefulness and are done under a doctors supervision.

Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat arthritis, lupus and malaria.  It is also used to clean aquariums.  When the President of the United States tells people this will prevent or cure Covid 19, there are people dumb enough to drink aquarium cleaner.  There are also people who are probably dumb enough to inject themselves or huff disinfectant or bleach because of what this guy said.  The makers of Lysol had to put out a disclaimer to not inject their product.  Who would every think they would have to do that because of POTUS?

Maybe you all would like to think outside the box for ways to combat this virus instead of acting like our press and dismissing everything President Trump says out of hand, simply because President Trump has said them.

Its not because Trump said it.  Its because what he said was so incredibly stupid.

Use disinfectant to kill the virus on surfaces.  Use UV to kill the virus.  Let the doctors/scientist perform clinical trials on treatments and develop a vaccine.  Follow their advice on social distancing and hygiene.  That is how all viruses or dealt with, not nutty ideas like injecting bleach or disinfectant.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

This wasn't a grammar issue where he misused "which" and should have said "that." He was having a moment of lazy/magical thinking. 

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP:

Thank you very much. So I asked Bill a question that probably some of you are thinking of if you are totally into that world which I find to be very interesting. So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light and I think you said that hasn't been checked but you are going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body which you can do either through the skin or in some other way and I think you said you were going to test that too. It sounds interesting.

Right. And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute and is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number (INAUDIBLE) interesting to check that so that you are going to have to use medical doctors with but it sounds interesting to me so we will see but the whole concept of the light the way it kills it in one minute that's--that's pretty powerful. Steve, please.

I get what you’re saying, and it is clear that nobody should do daily press conferences if they never want to trip up their words.

Especially someone who is a bad communicator to begin with.  He sounded stupid. But it isn’t easy to bang out a perfect press conference every day.  He’s not young, he’s probably working around the clock and he’s got half the county hanging on every trip up so they can smash him over the head with it.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I know! I know! Let's do nothing and ask no questions so more people can die!! <_<

When you watched the clip, the guy from homeland security said, "we are looking into it" and "we will look into it." As scientists, no stone can be left unturned when searching for a cure to a disease.

I am quite sure some of the doctors on this board can tell you about things that they layperson would consider poison when ingested, that are used in diluted/different formulas for XYZ in the medical treatments. Heck, radioactive iodine, radioactive therapy for cancer, chemo drugs are poison - and I am just some schlump thinking about it - yet all are used on the human body to "cure" some diseases.  

Maybe you all would like to think outside the box for ways to combat this virus instead of acting like our press and dismissing everything President Trump says out of hand, simply because President Trump has said them.

Oh come on now.    

I am a scientist and clinician.  That viruses ON SURFACES are susceptible to disinfectants and UV light is hardly a new revelation; we've know that for decades. How long have products like Lysol been on the market after all?  I've used  UV lights in my lab for 30 years to disinfect surfaces.  It was of course right to do the kinds of studies like this on the Corona virus because you have to make sure you know how this particular strain reacts.  So from that sense having this data is helpful in terms of knowing how to disinfect surfaces and such.

But to somehow think you can extrapolate that to ingesting disinfectants, or somehow absorbing UV rays or light deep into the body, is so devoid of any common sense and so devoid of anything approaching rational scientific thought that it is embarrassing for the country that some folks have to be told this.  As President, you cannot just come out and toss half cocked insane ideas out there for the public to consume, because someone uneducated in science and medicine will actually think it's something to try and they will die doing so.  

Are harmful substances used to treat diseases?  Yes.  Is radioactive iodine one?  No, because the dosages are very small and because iodine concentrates in the thyroid, which is why radioactive iodine is used to treat thyroid cancer.  Do we use radiation and chemotherapy to treat cancer?  Yes.  Do you know why?  Because those agents tend to hit rapidly dividing cells, i.e.cancerous cells.  Are there terrible side effects of these?  Yes.  Can they be fatal?  Yes.  Do qualified medical physicians, nurses, etc. sit with patients and explain those to them so they fully understand the potential positives and negatives of treatment before proceeding?  Yes.  All  these are completely different than having a President who doesn't have the first damn clue about anything medical and scientific throwing out ridiculous and harmful statements at a press conference, and then asking people who know he's crazy to actually study them.  There is no reason to study these ideas, they are completely absurd and someone from his staff should have had the guts to say that last night.

And the fact that this has to be said in this thread because there are actually citizens of this country who would place any credence in this nonsense is just pathetic.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He's a ######. He can say anything and you guys would say he said the opposite. He belongs in jail. Total loser

LOL, snowflake melting 

The quote is posted, he never said bleach.

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

He ASKED the SCIENTIST if anyone was studying it. What’s odd about that? You do realize we’re all communicating on a technology that didn’t exist just ten years ago...right?

He's just an idiot. Babbling idiot. Your president. You guys should be made to pay for pushing this POS on the country. 

Just now, Gary M said:

The quote is posted, he never said bleach.

So? 

Got Bleach? 

Bleach bleach bleach! 

Trump said drink bleach, how pathetic ?

• Like (+1) 1

Amazing that people still simultaneously make the most ridiculous and shallow assertions about why the impossible happened and Trump got elected, dismissing it without so much as a glance, much less the deep dive it deserves, and at the same time cling onto every word he says, exactly literally, bemoaning it to an unthinkable degree, letting him own every corner of their brains rent-free, wondering why we aren't as enraged as if we haven't already noted to not take Trump literally a billion times starting 5 years ago 

Like sorry, no I'm not going to get outraged by a single thing that comes out of his mouth in a press conference off the cuff, there are more important things about the direction of this country on my mind, things that your philosophy on sends chills down my spine 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yep, this was nonsensical rambling. Maybe he’s tired? Anyway, no human with a functioning brain cell remaining would take anything of note out of that mumbo jumbo. I dismissed it immediately. Oh well. See, liberals assume they are so supremely intelligent and everyone else is too dumb to figure anything out for themselves. It’s pathetic, really. Wasn’t it a Dem that drank the fish tank cleaner after all ?

That's what I saw - an exhausted elderly man.  Since he's surrounded himself with  sycophants and morons nobody will tell him the truth but he needs to step back, recharge and let Rex Bannon get back to doing these junkets.  I think he's grossly miscalculated, personally, his base's appetite for the press warfare on a daily basis.   

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

I get what you’re saying, and it is clear that nobody should do daily press conferences if they never want to trip up their words.

Especially someone who is a bad communicator to begin with.  He sounded stupid. But it isn’t easy to bang out a perfect press conference every day.  He’s not young, he’s probably working around the clock and he’s got half the county hanging on every trip up so they can smash him over the head with it.

Here's a thought, why not let the task force speak for itself?  Why does he have to be there every day?  We'd get clearer information, less rancor and he wouldn't look absolutely clueless.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

Amazing that people still simultaneously make the most ridiculous and shallow assertions about why the impossible happened and Trump got elected, dismissing it without so much as a glance, much less the deep dive it deserves, and at the same time cling onto every word he says, exactly literally, bemoaning it to an unthinkable degree, letting him own every corner of their brains rent-free, wondering why we aren't as enraged as if we haven't already noted to not take Trump literally a billion times starting 5 years ago 

Like sorry, no I'm not going to get outraged by a single thing that comes out of his mouth in a press conference off the cuff, there are more important things about the direction of this country on my mind, things that your philosophy on sends chills down my spine 

LOL 

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Here's a thought, why not let the task force speak for itself?  Why does he have to be there every day?  We'd get clearer information, less rancor and he wouldn't look absolutely clueless.

Because Cuomo would take "his" spotlight, It's all ego driven with Trump 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Yes...we all need to hear Dr. Falsey tell everyone to stay inside every day for the next half century.  And it would be great to get the daily body bag count from the Scarf Queen every morning. It's way past time to go to the Bull Pen and get people in the solutions business in there.  The current team, while certainly expert at what they do, are NOT in the solutions business.  They are in the curve flattening business.  The curve has now been flattened!

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Because he’s done it every day and he needs to look like he’s leading the response.

The same can be said for Cuomo, etc etc.  None of them need to belly up to the microphone in reality, but people will wonder why they’re not.

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I'm simply amazed that guy and Birx could keep a straight face when Trump probably the dumbest things he has ever said.

Yest but those treatments are tested in clinical trials to prove usefulness and are done under a doctors supervision.

Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat arthritis, lupus and malaria.  It is also used to clean aquariums.  When the President of the United States tells people this will prevent or cure Covid 19, there are people dumb enough to drink aquarium cleaner.  There are also people who are probably dumb enough to inject themselves or huff disinfectant or bleach because of what this guy said.  The makers of Lysol had to put out a disclaimer to not inject their product.  Who would every think they would have to do that because of POTUS?

Its not because Trump said it.  Its because what he said was so incredibly stupid.

Use disinfectant to kill the virus on surfaces.  Use UV to kill the virus.  Let the doctors/scientist perform clinical trials on treatments and develop a vaccine.  Follow their advice on social distancing and hygiene.  That is how all viruses or dealt with, not nutty ideas like injecting bleach or disinfectant.

Watch the clip.

After the homeland security guy talked, Trump monologued: (just the text)

So, I'm going to ask Bill a question that probably some of you are thinking of if you're totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposing when we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that too. Sounds interesting. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful.

A few moments later, ABC News reporter Jon Karl asked Bryan, "The president mentioned the idea of a cleaner, bleach and isopropyl alcohol emerging. There’s no scenario where that could be injected into a person, is there?"

"No, I'm here to talk about the finds that we had in the study," Bryan responded. "We don’t do that within that lab at our labs."

Trump then clarified his remarks: "It wouldn’t be through injections, you’re talking about almost a cleaning and sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t work, but it certainly has a big affect if it’s on a stationary object."

</snip>

After that, some guy on Twitter got on to attack the comments and build a narrative that was very different than what was said, and in what context.  And then the blue check-marks had their talking point. Which spread to this message board.

I woke up this morning to this gas lighting. I knew  I had watched a presser where Trump never told anyone to ingest anything. He asked the scientists about looking into a possible treatment. Yet, somehow it has morphed into "Trump told people to drink bleach!"

TDS is the real virulent disease here.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Trump is under attack from lefties 365/24/7. It does not matter what he says or does you will attack him. You have TDS. Seek help.

No, but it matters what he says. When he advocates for the guidelines, I am 150% behind him and have been. 

What you are stating is not reasonable nor rational, it is hysterical hyperbole.

Here are his words, no hyperbole needed. 

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP:

Thank you very much. So I asked Bill a question that probably some of you are thinking of if you are totally into that world which I find to be very interesting. So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light and I think you said that hasn't been checked but you are going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body which you can do either through the skin or in some other way and I think you said you were going to test that too. It sounds interesting.

Right. And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute and is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number (INAUDIBLE) interesting to check that so that you are going to have to use medical doctors with but it sounds interesting to me so we will see but the whole concept of the light the way it kills it in one minute that's--that's pretty powerful. Steve, please.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I woke up this morning to this gas lighting. I knew  I had watched a presser where Trump never told anyone to ingest anything. He asked the scientists about looking into a possible treatment. Yet, somehow it has morphed into "Trump told people to drink bleach!"

And you think Trump should guide our scientists by telling them to look into, not ingesting, but injecting disinfectants or UV light to treat Covid-19.  

Here's something Gal: You can kill pretty much any virus or bacteria with bleach and fewer but still most with UV. Perhaps the scientists have this topic, which is well known, covered. 

Trump needs to defer on issues of science if he's going to make such stupid comments. That's all. Not everyone is an expert and some people are really dumb on science. He's one of those people. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Watch the clip.

After the homeland security guy talked, Trump monologued: (just the text)

So, I'm going to ask Bill a question that probably some of you are thinking of if you're totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposing when we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that too. Sounds interesting. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful.

A few moments later, ABC News reporter Jon Karl asked Bryan, "The president mentioned the idea of a cleaner, bleach and isopropyl alcohol emerging. There’s no scenario where that could be injected into a person, is there?"

"No, I'm here to talk about the finds that we had in the study," Bryan responded. "We don’t do that within that lab at our labs."

Trump then clarified his remarks: "It wouldn’t be through injections, you’re talking about almost a cleaning and sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t work, but it certainly has a big affect if it’s on a stationary object."

</snip>

After that, some guy on Twitter got on to attack the comments and build a narrative that was very different than what was said, and in what context.  And then the blue check-marks had their talking point. Which spread to this message board.

TDS is the real virulent disease here.

Your quote above indicates he asked about bringing either UV light or disinfectants inside the body.  Both of those are completely absurd and an affront to common sense.  

He said it, he owns it.  Period.  

• Like (+1) 1