Panthers high on Brian Daboll

Process

I can see why they'd be interested. Allen was considered the biggest project of the big 5 and he's performed well above expectations this season while Darnold and Mayfield have underachieved. Jackson, of course, is in a different stratosphere so I'd assume anyone considering Daboll will interview Roman as well.

8 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

I can see why they'd be interested. Allen was considered the biggest project of the big 5 and he's performed well above expectations this season while Darnold and Mayfield have underachieved. Jackson, of course, is in a different stratosphere so I'd assume anyone considering Daboll will interview Roman as well.

how sweet would it be if someone ripped Roman away from the Ravens.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

I honestly don't get the Dabol hate. I think he's done a great job with Allen and installing an offense that utilizes the short passing game with the ability for Allen to take deep shots.

Allen is far exceeding expectations of the general consensus. He has shown massive improvement this year. John Brown has the best season of his career. Beasley is virtually tied with the best of his career. Our TEs are terrible and WR after 1/2 is poor. Our offensive line is average on a good day. 

Dabol has done very very well with the talent and youth in offense.

Next year with with Allen in his 3rd season and added weapon(s) plus another lineman. Watch out.

Last thing i want us to tear down this offensive scheme at such a critical point in development.

You must keep in mind that most fans know exactly what to call, after they watch the play that didn't work.  

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

You must keep in mind that most fans know exactly what to call, after they watch the play that didn't work.  

But he calls plays repeatedly that don't work.  Run Gore to the outside, go long on 3rd and short, calls plays that take a long time to develop, etc.  Yet no screens, slants, short and quick pass plays, etc that would help a young, second year QB.  Daboll's plays would be fine for an offense, especially the line, that has been together for multiple years and Josh was in his fifth year rather than his second.

I hope the Panthers hire Daboll, or he goes with his Pats pals elsewhere.

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

if he goes, hopefully the QB coach is the next OC?  

There are times the Magic 8 Ball seems more inventive.  

2 hours ago, JROC INTEL said:

Besides Josh's runs this offense is atrocious. You can thank the defense and schedule and joshs motivation for the playoffs. Don't act like dabol was a huge part of this please. 

Screek English, Elvorado!

Dear Daboll,

If you take the Panthers HC job, please take some established leadership with you. I think a good start would be Star for defense and Pat D + Lee Smith for Offense. Just give us a 6th and 7th round pick and we can make it happen to “build your culture” for you.

Sincerely your friends,

Bills Mafia   

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

John Clayton?

Yeah not much..

Why do Schopp and Bulldog insist on having this guy on every week? I mean seriously there are many guys who can provide a league wide view and do it better than John Clayton.

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

I would love nothing more then to just go into another season with more weapons for Allen and continuity on both sides of the ball. That said if poaching our coaching happens I trust the process.

Likewise. I don't think Daboll is great or terrible and I think another year in the same system with the same coaching and further improved talent around Josh is the best thing for his development. Which, frankly, should be the organisation's number 1 priority. The only question that should matter is "what is best for Josh?"

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

All you people will just ***** on the next OC that comes in. You are all a bunch of broken records that has no idea what you are doing.

I think this is pretty accurate.  I mean, Bill Walsh could rise from the grave and be the OC for this team and the complaints would keep rolling in.

Every OC is hated by his team's fan base.  Kyle Shanahan is probably coach of the year in SF and remember his gaffe in the Super Bowl as OC for the Falcons, running the ball five measly times in the 2nd half?

Daboll should be given credit for much of Josh's progression this season.  I agree whole-heartedly that some of the play-calling can easily be second guessed, but Daboll isn't the idiot many on this forum paint him to be.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Process said:

Unfortunately it's LaCanfora reporting it. But I think I speak for most, please for the love of god be true. 

Ever hear of the phrase, "be careful what you wish for"?    Don't necessarily assume that Daboll is the problem with the offense or that his replacement would do as well much less better than he's done.  The Bills aren't loaded with talent on the offensive side of the ball that Daboll has failed to maximize.   In fact, the lack of talent on the offensive side seems likely to have limited what the Bills can do offensively.  Plain and simple, they are missing key pieces of a productive offense -- at least 2 big, reliable, sure-handed receivers and significantly better RBs than Gore and Yeldon  --,and they need upgrades at OT (either through improvement in young players or new ones) plus continued progress from Josh Allen.  The only real playmaker the Bills have on the offensive side of the ball is Allen, and he's not good enough at this point to carry the offense without more talent around him than he's got at present.

I don't necessarily think that Daboll is a great OC but I think that given what he's had to work with, he's done an adequate job, so I'd give him another season to see what he can do with more talent on offense -- assuming that the Bills acquire that additional talent.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I actually think Daboll is doing a pretty good job and I hope the Bills don’t lose him. He has his bad play calls, like any other OC. But overall I think there’s been more good than bad.

Allen is trending up and seems to be developing pretty nicely. Considering how raw a prospect he was, I think he’s taken a pretty nice step forward this season.

Allen raves about the role Daboll has played in his development. Daboll is giving Allen freedom at the LOS too. Not every OC is willing to give a rookie QB that much freedom that quickly. Plus, Allen loves him and so do the guys on offense. Beasley listed Daboll as a big reason he signed here.

The Bills have basically an entire new starting offense. I’d rather see continuity for Josh and everyone else on offense. Allen is just starting to get comfortable in this system. I’d much rather see them be able to hit the ground running next season vs starting over with a new playbook + system. I’d rather them Be able to add to the playbook and work on perfecting the system. Personally, I think keeping Daboll for next season is what’s best for Allen’s development.

I agree but Freddie Kitchens is available ?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/29/2019 at 1:40 PM, Mrbojanglezs said:

I don't see why anyone would want to hire Daboll as a head coach 

I strongly agree.  Zero percent I would hire Daboll as my HC.  I wouldn’t hire him as our OC.  I would keep him as ours, but, if he left our team I would be excited!