Texans want the Bills; Plan to start McCarron at QB today

With the AFC South clinched, the Houston Texans are expected to start quarterback AJ McCarron in Sunday's game against the Tennessee Titans with Deshaun Watsonserving as the backup, a source told ESPN's Dianna Russini. Per ESPN.

Probably realize the Chargers have little chance to beat the Chiefs.

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

He is trying to say that because the Texans aren't trying to win the game that they want to play the Bills.

Your a fart smeller 

I mean a smart feller 

? 

Just now, Foxx said:

what is the over/under on the threads started after this game, that we should have kept McCarron?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

With the AFC South clinched, the Houston Texans are expected to start quarterback AJ McCarron in Sunday's game against the Tennessee Titans with Deshaun Watsonserving as the backup, a source told ESPN's Dianna Russini. Per ESPN.

Lieutenant, I think this is a case for "Punctuation Saves Lives", but in the Christmas spirit I shall FIFY

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Texans want the Bills; Plan to start McCarron at QB today

Glad the Texans are getting some rest before our matchup. Suckers. We’re going to beat the ***** out of ourselves for a meaningless divisional game in which the team we’re playing has said they’re treating it like their own personal playoff. We’re going to be hobbled but we will have so much more experience coming into wild card weekend. It’s way better than rest.  

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Texans don’t want their actual season ended in a meaningless game. They are being smart. Don’t put the guy that can win you playoff games at risk in a COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS GAME.....take the hint please Buffalo.

5-D chess by McDermott.

What's crazy is that there is a small but real possibility that the #3 Texans play the #6 Titans for the third time in four weeks. That situation would require the Texans beating the same team three times in four weeks, which is a difficult task for any NFL team to do to another.

30 minutes ago, mattynh said:

That does not mean they “want the bills”

Yeah not a fan of the title. Misleading, since Watson is banged up and Hopkins is sick. Resting guys does not mean they “want” to play the Bills. But hey if McDermott can turn it into some kind of motivation I’m all for it 

Edited by YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, KayAdams said:

What's crazy is that there is a small but real possibility that the #3 Texans play the #6 Titans for the third time in four weeks. That situation would require the Texans beating the same team three times in four weeks, which is a difficult task for any NFL team to do to another.

yeah, no. i believe the only way the Texans can possibly move to the 3rd seed is to beat the Titans. if that happens, the Titans do not qualify for the dance.

ETA: my bad, i guess there actually is a slim to outside chance that your scenario could indeed occur.

Edited by Foxx

1 hour ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Good and i want the lousy Texans

They are just resting their key guys in this meaningless game - it is a legitimate strategy. Also - it  increases the probability of some additional camera views of Mrs. McCarron during the game -- that can't be a bad thing, can it?  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bulldog said:

They are just resting their key guys in this meaningless game - it is a legitimate strategy. Also - it  increases the probability of some additional camera views of Mrs. McCarron during the game -- that can't be a bad thing, can it?  

Watson has apparently been struggling with two (reported) injury issues

Hopkins has been ill

Camera views of Mrs McCarron would indeed be a bennie

You see, you look at this all wrong.  You think that the Texans wanted the Bills so they rested their starters.  What really happened was last week they told Josh NOT to complete that pass in the end zone so we could get the Texans.

16 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Houston's sitting their starting QB and best offensive player heading into the playoffs ?

Man, that sounds crazy. Like something could happen to them in a meaningless game.

Give it a rest.  The Bills are sitting quite a few key people.  The rest either can't sit or will only play like a quarter at best.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

LInk?

Is this the one you mean?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28387743/source-texans-start-aj-mccarron-deshaun-watson-backup

Edited by Thurman#1

its what the match up is going to be so they have no choice to say we want (q:who do we play?  a:the bills) then we want the Bills

I think we match up with the Texans and the Chiefs  I don't fear either and think we have a great chance to beat both

Texans are all over the place

barely beat the Jags lose to the panthers beat the chiefs lose to the colts beat patriots drilled by broncos barely beat bucs

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

I'm pretty sure they just want to get as healthy as possible 

Too much that it isnt too realistic would have to happen for them to get a home Championship game as the 3.  Not worth it.  

this was similar scenario for us last week.  No way Pats lose to Dolphins this week.

and yet NO ONE was saying sit Allen vs. Patriots.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

this was similar scenario for us last week.  No way Pats lose to Dolphins this week.

and yet NO ONE was saying sit Allen vs. Patriots.

Week 16 is different than week 17 plus it's a bad look knowing you have a shot at the division and sit guys just bc NE plays Miami.  You can't send that message to your players.  In week 15.

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

YOU'RE a fart smeller 

If you're going to resort to fart jokes, please use proper grammar. 

That is all. And please keep up the fart jokes!

36 minutes ago, billsintaiwan said:

We will eat their livers. Texan or chief. We shall feast on their entrails. Have been drinking rum all night. Shut up.

You're my new favorite poster!