we need a big receiver on the field for the end of games tired of this *****

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

The 3rd most passing yards in the league Falcons?  Although they are only like 13th in points.

So they can pass all along the field but can't score, didn't this is what we try to solve?

On 12/21/2019 at 6:50 PM, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

This is really getting stupid to not have a big receiver on the field at the end of games. I’m sure we will get one next year. But you have to use who you got on the roster. I don’t want to hear it from anyone and I will not let it go. Duke Williams is on this roster and he needs to be used. I’m f-ing pissed ? 

I would like to see us sign another weapon at TE and draft a big WR. 

We lost that game for a lot more reasons than not having a big receiver at the end. However, in three of the four losses we were in the red zone and, if my memory serves me correctly, twice had goal to go, when a TD would win or tie the game in the 4th quarter   So, all other things being equal, I would love a big sure handed  receiver for those situations. Not sure he is on the team right now or not. 

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Nope got, it. You missed mine.

Ryan has thrown 110 more passes than Josh and Jones/Ridley have 155 rec for 13 tds. 

Brown/Beasley have 139 rec for 12 tds 

And the falcons are 6-9. 

110 more passes by Josh and the short guys are right there with them, if not past them. 

I missed the point you made about a post you missed the point of? I think you need to regroup here bud.

19 hours ago, Mojo44 said:

We lost that game for a lot more reasons than not having a big receiver at the end. However, in three of the four losses we were in the red zone and, if my memory serves me correctly, twice had goal to go, when a TD would win or tie the game in the 4th quarter   So, all other things being equal, I would love a big sure handed  receiver for those situations. Not sure he is on the team right now or not. 

He's there they're just not activating him, i don't know why they bother, why keep a roster spot for some one that won't be being used . 

I hope they put him to work this week & he makes it where they can't keep him off the field !! DUKE !! 

20 hours ago, Dopey said:

Duke wasn't even the best receiver on his cfl team. 101 incomplete passes to him in his 2 years in Canada. 101! That's a lot of passes left on the field.

All we have his a cfl highlight clip of Duke. His teammate has 1 too. Has a lower incomplete % too. 132 attempts to him in 2017 and only 32 incomplete.

Duke had 37 incomplete in only 83 attempts! Duke then had 64 incomplete in 2018. Maybe we signed the wrong guy.

Yah but if they get him & he's on the bench it does no good ! But he sure looks as if he could be a weapon in this offense !! 

On 12/21/2019 at 6:50 PM, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

This is really getting stupid to not have a big receiver on the field at the end of games. I’m sure we will get one next year. But you have to use who you got on the roster. I don’t want to hear it from anyone and I will not let it go. Duke Williams is on this roster and he needs to be used. I’m f-ing pissed ? 

we need another receiver who can get separation and catch the ball with regularity - big would be  plus but not at the expense of the first two requirements.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/21/2019 at 8:40 PM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Or you could ask why are the fanatics so stubborn on this insisting Williams should be playing?

Because he is tall.  Certain fans here believe that you throw the ball up in the air and he out jumps everybody and catches it every time.   They see him as Julio Jones of the CFL.  

The coaches apparently are not as gifted as these fans, they see a guy that has marginal speed and can’t get open, or something like that.  

8 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

we need another receiver who can get separation and catch the ball with regularity - big would be  plus but not at the expense of the first two requirements.  

Allens high velocirty throwing style would benefit greatly with bigger targets /bigger catching radius IMO.

Myself personally,  all 3 requirements are a must.

(Being a man of good character might also be a requirement Bills HC McD may insist on when drafting)

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Duke is really below average. He can't separate. 

None of our receivers consistently get separation. The difference is his size as physicality. He has been shown to often out muscle his competition and or have a good ability to high point his catches...

17 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

None of our receivers consistently get separation. The difference is his size as physicality. He has been shown to often out muscle his competition and or have a good ability to high point his catches...

He has shown very limited amounts. I just think he is fundamentally not an NFL level talent. He is a practice squad level guy and a nice story but people have gone way overboard on his skill set.  

On 12/21/2019 at 8:04 PM, Rc2catch said:

I don’t get it. 
Weeks past we’re dropping balls and duke is sure handed. Ok that is a fair point. 
Tonight, what did they need duke for? 
Allen missed two touchdowns to Knox. 
Is duke making those catches? Shaquille O’Neal in his prime isn’t making those catches. 
This game has zero to do with duke, or the receivers. Daboll had some bad calls, Allen missed throws, and the defense played soft and missed tackles. 
Sorry duke is not the difference between winning and losing today. This team had every chance to win. They did not execute. 

The lob to Beasley at the end who is 5’8 

dont play dumb.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Duke love is getting weird.  Someone correct me if I’m wrong but when he was on our practice squad, any team in the NFL could have taken him right?  No one did.

He was cut before he was added to our practice squad and he didn’t have any takers?

The obvious straw man arguments against duke Williams is what is getting weird when it’s obvious to anyone with a brain as to why he should be active. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He has shown very limited amounts. I just think he is fundamentally not an NFL level talent. He is a practice squad level guy and a nice story but people have gone way overboard on his skill set.  

No we are fully aware of his skill set thanks for explaining it to me.

21 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

This stupid argument again

21 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

dont play dumb.

The obvious straw man arguments against duke Williams is what is getting weird when it’s obvious to anyone with a brain as to why he should be active. 

Spreading that respectful holiday cheer ?

7 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Because he is tall.  Certain fans here believe that you throw the ball up in the air and he out jumps everybody and catches it every time.   They see him as Julio Jones of the CFL.  

The coaches apparently are not as gifted as these fans, they see a guy that has marginal speed and can’t get open, or something like that.  

I wonder if the issue may be he just doesn't know the playbook well enough or from what they see in practice  that he's not a good route runner?

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You could very well be right, though he certainly didn’t look out of place on the limited opportunities that he got, but none of us are watching what’s going on during practice. I would’ve like to see him get a few more opportunities after Brown and Beasley nobody else has ever stood out.

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

For me its more the fact that we have Foster and McKenzie.  Both essentially the same player.  Neither contribute much especially since taking out the end arounds and jet sweeps over a month ago.  Surely one of them can sit and our offense would have a little versatility.  When you throw a prayer up in the endzone against a covered guy... who is more likely to catch it?  A little midget or a big guy that has shown he can go grab a ball?  If Duke did absolutely ziltch all game long and he made that one fantastic catch instead of Beasley trying to out jump someone …. last week could be a different story.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

dont play dumb.

LOL

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Duke love is getting weird.  Someone correct me if I’m wrong but when he was on our practice squad, any team in the NFL could have taken him right?  No one did.

He was cut before he was added to our practice squad and he didn’t have any takers?

Dumb argument, that can be said about every single player on every practice squad and about every player who has come off of a practice squad.  Has no player ever been successful coming off a practice squad? This coaching staff has made mistakes on personnel in the past, see Peterman, and a certain wide receiver from the Panthers, so they are not infallible. And since they have not come out and said why he isn’t playing, you really don’t know why he hasn’t  seen the field in weeks, so telling others their thoughts are weird or being so dismissive is a pretty poor take...

29 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Dumb argument, that can be said about every single player on every practice squad and about every player who has come off of a practice squad.  Has no player ever been successful coming off a practice squad? This coaching staff has made mistakes on personnel in the past, see Peterman, and a certain wide receiver from the Panthers, so they are not infallible. And since they have not come out and said why he isn’t playing, you really don’t know why he hasn’t  seen the field in weeks, so telling others their thoughts are weird or being so dismissive is a pretty poor take...

Blah, blah, blah

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Merry Christmas buddy

Merry Christmas buddy!

I bought my son a $100 Tablet.  $30 Hulk Hogan toy.  $30 Buzz Lightyear gun.  Not to mention all that his mom and both sets of grandparents bought him.

Whats he playing with the most?  A $10 stick with a magnet at the end to retrieve hard to reach metal things.  I got that at my friends Christmas party with the Angry Santa gift exchange.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Merry Christmas buddy!

I bought my son a $100 Tablet.  $30 Hulk Hogan toy.  $30 Buzz Lightyear gun.  Not to mention all that his mom and both sets of grandparents bought him.

Whats he playing with the most?  A $10 stick with a magnet at the end to retrieve hard to reach metal things.  I got that at my friends Christmas party with the Angry Santa gift exchange.

Hahahah kids man! And that's awesome bro!

Hulk Hogan toy ?? lmaooo

8 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Blah, blah, blah is all he’s got, he doesn’t have an intelligent response, so that’s what you get...

Okay you Sensitive Grinch.

We don’t know the specific reason why he’s not playing....but since this coaching staff has seen him in practice since the spring, he’s not in their top 5.  That’s all that needs to be said.

Im not against Duke either.

Who are you to say that this is a mistake him not being active?

Do you feel better now?

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBill963 said:

He’s actually making good points and you’re the one coming off as a douche. Try listening 

I countered those points.

I said blah blah blah because he immediately came in aggressive with a very generic statement “this could be said about anyone”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Okay you Sensitive Grinch.

We don’t know the specific reason why he’s not playing....but since this coaching staff has seen him in practice since the spring, he’s not in their top 5.  That’s all that needs to be said.

Im not against Duke either.

Who are you to say that this is a mistake him not being active?

Do you feel better now?

I countered those points.

I said blah blah blah because he immediately came in aggressive with a very generic statement “this could be said about anyone”

The point was made that the staff has made mistakes in the past, and that's certainly true. They have messed up, and the KB thing still has me scratching my head. 

Having said that, everybody gets some things wrong. The class valedictorian got a few wrong in high school, but I’ll take him/her over some mouth breather majoring in twinkies and PE. You go with the odds. To me personally, I’ll trust this staff to see and know enough about the guys they work with day in and day out and let them make the call. I’m sure they know we need more size, but maybe Duke just isn’t the guy to get it done right now. 

I’ll also say, if there EVER was a time to give him a shot, this might be that weekend. We can’t afford to lose anyone in front of him!

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Augie said:

The point was made that the staff has made mistakes in the past, and that's certainly true. They have messed up, and the KB thing still has me scratching my head. 

Having said that, everybody gets some things wrong. The class valedictorian got a few wrong in high school, but I’ll take him/her over some mouth breather majoring in twinkies and PE. You go with the odds. To me personally, I’ll trust this staff to see and know enough about the guys they work with day in and day out and let them make the call. I’m sure they know we need more size, but maybe Duke just isn’t the guy to get it done right now. 

I’ll also say, if there EVER was a time to give him a shot, this might be that weekend. We can’t afford to lose anyone in front of him!

Nice post Augie? I’m Not saying I know that Duke is the answer, I’m just saying I’d like to see him have another chance before he’s tossed into the scrap heap. I would think we can all agree the receiving core is inadequate, and McKenzie brings very little to the table that we don’t already have. I also still say out of all of our receivers we have, I would have trusted Duke to battle for Allen’s last pass of the game more than anybody else’s on the roster, certainly more than a 5’8” Beasly .
This is all just to be a discussion among fans, and when posters just dismiss other people’s thoughts and try to ridicule them because they are different thoughts than theirs, this whole forum loses...

• Like (+1) 1