12/21 Bills @ Pats** PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

16 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Oh, I will enjoy the time with my son.  Just wish  he picked a different game haha.

Sabres game will be over at 3:30 or so, barring OT. Plenty of time before the Bill kickoff at 4:30. Have a great time!

• Like (+1) 1

The real goal is to win playoff games.  History and pride aside, the win loss result of this game probably has very little impact on the Bills ability to win playoff games.  To the extent the Bills have developed the perfect game plan to beat the Patriots, they may very well save that to use in the playoffs in the event we play them. I am expecting a fairly generic game, without a lot of blitzing on the defensive side and the standard daboll plan of alternating between pass, pass, run and run, run, throw a bomb game plan.  

As much as I want to win this game, I won't be that upset if we don't. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 1

The Bills probably won't win the division due to Miami being weak, but winning this game will give the Bills even more momentum at just the right time.  That is what the Bills will gain from this game...wind at their back and following seas.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Let’s Freakin Go!! 

Bills are the heir apparent to dominate the division. Today we pry the AFC East crown out of the Old Man’s hands and next week we put it on our heads! 

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

The Bills probably won't win the division due to Miami being weak, but winning this game will give the Bills even more momentum at just the right time.  That is what the Bills will gain from this game...wind at their back and following seas.

This sets up perfect for the Bills. There really is no pressure on the Bills to win. I do think every person that bleeds Red White and Blue wants this game from Kim and Terry down to all of us fans. I know Sean and Beane want it, and the players do too. 
Let’s take the fight to them and knock them in the dirt.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, eball said:

I think I did a stupid thing...we've turned today into a game watching party at our house but that means I'm focused upon being a good host rather than planting myself in front of the TV.  Also, while I think most of our friends coming over will root for the Bills it's not a given.

Oh well...maybe it will be good that I'm somewhat distracted.

Go Bills!

My wife made plans for us to go to the neighbors for what she thought was an early evening holiday party.  I told her I’ll be there as soon as the game is over—a bit embarrassing is that my neighbors will be able to see me in my sun room TV room during the party.  

Thank goodness that it turns out the part starts at 8 rather than the original 6 (and that my neighbor buddy is a big FSU fan, so he knows the drill when it comes to fandom).....

• Like (+1) 1

My concern with past Bills teams was the stage and the spotlight being too much for them to handle. 

Road wins in tough environments on Thanksgiving and a subsequent Sunday night have shown these guys are up to the challenge. 

Let’s do this!!

• Like (+1) 3

Listened to WEEI in Boston Podcasts specifically their football show. They split 3 ways. One picks Bills 20-13, one picks Pat 20-17, one says wants to pick Bills but got to cliff edge and can’t trust Josh Allen yet.

They said game keys are:

1) Teams that go 3 wide run better against Pats consistently

2) They think Bills will enact some form of Ravens getting Josh to the edge and emphasizing outside run, Josh on the move, options, etc.

3) The Pats have been terrible against the Blitz on 3rd down. They expect us to bring the heat there. They feel Harry needs to make some plays outside for them to beat the Blitz.

4) They feel if Josh keeps turnovers to 2 or less that we have a real shot at winning this game.

5) Field position is key. They think the first game had more to do with the Pats always having great field position vs them outplaying is. 

In general they think we are better D vs their O and Pats are better in the other 2 phases. We need to be even or better in one of those other phases, specifically special teams to win. 

Fair assessment all around from a network that is 50 times more homer than WGR. 

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Exercise the demons and emerge the better team.  Let’s beat the Pats* and never look at them the same way again.  We have to come out the better team. 

It our time now. 

I have had the demons on a rigorous training schedule this week just for this very occasion. Forty pullups and 100 pushups and 500 jumping jacks. 

(Is this rigorous? I don't hit the gym very often)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Iron Maiden said:

That has to be hard......my wife somehow love the Bengals.....her only NFL jersey is AJ Green....not sure how I would cope if she was a NE fan....

my cousin married a Pats**** fan.  Total nonsense.  

Also, your wife's jersey will be good next year if we get AJ Green. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

My concern with past Bills teams was the stage and the spotlight being too much for them to handle. 

Road wins in tough environments on Thanksgiving and a subsequent Sunday night have shown these guys are up to the challenge. 

Let’s do this!!

...I have to admit I NEVER saw either "W" coming......nor did I see 6-1 on the road at this juncture or 10-4 at this juncture...retreating to under my rock where I belong...SMH......

26 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Listened to WEEI in Boston Podcasts specifically their football show. They split 3 ways. One picks Bills 20-13, one picks Pat 20-17, one says wants to pick Bills but got to cliff edge and can’t trust Josh Allen yet.

They said game keys are:

2) They think Bills will enact some form of Ravens getting Josh to the edge and emphasizing outside run, Josh on the move, options, etc.

3) The Pats have been terrible against the Blitz on 3rd down. They expect us to bring the heat there. They feel Harry needs to make some plays outside for them to beat the Blitz.

4) They feel if Josh keeps turnovers to 2 or less that we have a real shot at winning this game.

5) Field position is key. They think the first game had more to do with the Pats always having great field position vs them outplaying is. 

In general they think we are better D vs their O and Pats are better in the other 2 phases. We need to be even or better in one of those other phases, specifically special teams to win. 

interesting.  I have a feeling this game will be a lot like the Steelers game.   D battle, field position.  We need to keep Singletary involved.  I"d also like to see more intermediate and quick hitter throws to neutralize the blitz/stunts the Pats*** use. 

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I have to admit I NEVER saw either "W" coming......nor did I see 6-1 on the road at this juncture or 10-4 at this juncture...retreating to under my rock where I belong...SMH......

I hear ya.  I had the game @PIT chalked up as a close win at the time the schedule cane out... but if I had the knowledge that it would eventually get flexed to SNF, I probably would’ve had it down as a loss ?

• Like (+1) 1

Michael Robinson has us winning in his bold prediction...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001089786/article/week-16-bold-predictions-titans-upset-saints-leveon-bell-gets-his-revenge

I fully realize I'm whining over probably nothing here, but I don't think us winning is a " bold " prediction.....NE is favorite of course, but in my world, bold would be Miami beating Baltimore or San Fran.....

3 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Prepare thine holes for a day filled with zero blitzes. 

Not sure that is going to be the case this time around. Brady* is great at getting the ball out fast, but this is not the same team we played earlier in the season, and Brady* is not the player he was. His accuracy has suffered, and his receivers are faltering. Rush Brady* in the pocket, and we might gets some picks today. I hope.

6 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001089786/article/week-16-bold-predictions-titans-upset-saints-leveon-bell-gets-his-revenge

I fully realize I'm whining over probably nothing here, but I don't think us winning is a " bold " prediction.....NE is favorite of course, but in my world, bold would be Miami beating Baltimore or San Fran.....

... or New England ?

15 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

...."M-Rob" has been on the "wagon" all season....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

They said game keys are:

The analytical side of me says this is solid analysis from well informed football fans.

The homer side of me says they're afraid, finally.

9 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Down in RI, in heavy Pats territory, so you KNOW I’m wearing Bills gear to the oyster bar (RI’s version of wings, I suppose)... ???

I’m doing beef on weck sliders, & trying out wings in the new air fryer ... I have to make the kimoweck buns myself because they don’t sell them here 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

The analytical side of me says this is solid analysis from well informed football fans.

The homer side of me says they're afraid, finally.

They are afraid and it is telling. Even on good morning football as they talked about the Bills and Pats....the final add on was “at least it’s at Foxboro”. Hardly confident for the Pats. 

This is the year we need to take that doubt and make it real. Make Brady want to walk away.Beat him today and then let them lose their first wild card round game.