Andy Dalton benched in Cincy

YoloinOhio

Just now, CLTbills said:

Wow. Didn't see that coming. I don't watch a lot of Bengals games, but it doesn't seem like QB play is really the problem......

He threw a bunch of picks a couple weeks ago. He’s the type of QB who can be really good with a really good supporting cast. If he doesn’t have that, he can’t overcome it. 

Funny how long it takes these organizations to realize Quarterback X isn't good enough.

How many years did Cinci waste spinning wheels with Dalton and Mavin Lewis before this?

How many years did Miami kill waiting for Tannehill to get good?

How many years will the Bills waste waiting for Josh Allen to be less "raw" and "gain experience"?  

We'll find out I guess!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Funny how long it takes these organizations to realize Quarterback X isn't good enough.

How many years did Cinci waste spinning wheels with Dalton and Mavin Lewis before this?

How many years will the Bills waste waiting for Josh Allen to be less "raw" and "gain experience"?  

We'll find out I guess!

Thinking probably longer than 1.5 years

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, FUTURIST said:

AJ Green is now available.  The only player worth getting for the Bills, if they can lock him up for a few years.

Not sure about that. If they truly are doing this to evaluate Finley, they will want Green out there once healthy to give him as many weapons as possible 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think that’s mainly it. Because they are going to have a very high pick and need to determine if they use that on a QB. 

Finley is never going to be the answer. My suspicion is that they're eyeing Miami and noticing that that Fitz might actually gut out a win or two for the Phins (Fitz did it for the 0-8 Bills in 2010, after all).  At 0-8, they have a chance to get the inside track on getting #1, and they don't want to miss that chance. 

Edited by dave mcbride

3 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Wow. Didn't see that coming. I don't watch a lot of Bengals games, but it doesn't seem like QB play is really the problem......

Cinci had about 2 seasons a few years back where their team had elite talent on both sides of the ball and probably should have gone deep into playoffs .   However,   they were always 1 and done . And I believe Dalton's play was a major contributor. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Holy smoke.  Agreed.  He is not playing that badly - a few too many picks, but part of that is trying hard to make something happen, without a true #1 guy he can target with AJ Green out.

Wonder if Denver will be on the phone seeking a trade.

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

We'll find out I guess!

It hasn’t even been 2 full years yet.  We all know he needs improvement, but just settle down. 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wonder if they trade him...  bears? 

If I'm the Bears I would be on the phone right now trying to get him. He wasn't the problem in Cincy and is being pushed aside because they have given up on the season.

Replacing Trubisky has to be a priority for them unless they plan on throwing another season away. Include him in the deal to Cincy to help them take over the #1 spot in the tank race......

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

AJ Green is now available.  

Do you have a link or are you saying that this is so because Dalton got benched?

Asking because I'm not sure Dalton's status necessarily triggers anything else.  They were already winless before this announcement.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Neither is Finley. I have to think they're playing for #1 overall. 

Even if the odds are that he isn't, they need to give him a shot. He could be another Gardner Minshew!

But of course it looks like they will be looking to draft a QB high this upcoming draft. The question is, can they trust Taylor or is he gone next year too?

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Agreed. AAaaand he’d be an upgrade over everyone we have behind Josh. 

He's a massive upgrade over Josh right now.  Allen has been a borderline Joke this year, not saying he can't get better, but he's been bad.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Holy smoke.  Agreed.  He is not playing that badly - a few too many picks, but part of that is trying hard to make something happen, without a true #1 guy he can target with AJ Green out.

Wonder if Denver will be on the phone seeking a trade.

the way the team was in decline     His time was running out   

Just now, DCofNC said:

He's a massive upgrade over Josh right now.  Allen has been a borderline Joke this year, not saying he can't get better, but he's been bad.

I was actually going to make this exact reply as a joke....sadly this dude is serious.

• Thank you (+1) 2