2019 Playoffs. 1st round

A Bills win this Saturday could push NE to #3 seed If KC wins out. This would be the beginning of the end for NE. Even if they win the wild card game at home, they would have to go to KC. We would go to Balt. after winning our wild card game. After that all bets are off, a win in Balt would send us to KC or NE for the AFC championship game.

Point being NE having no rest period this year. See Buffalo championship years when playing games away from home.

On 12/16/2019 at 12:48 PM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

https://www.sportingnews.com/g00/us/nfl/news/nfl-playoffs-start-date-2020-time-tv-schedule-playoff-picture/m40a9vdeqnbd1hqc43x33xj2t?i10c.ua=1&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8%3d&i10c.dv=20

When do the NFL playoffs start in 2020?

• Wild-card games: Jan. 4-5
  • Divisional games: Jan. 11-12
  • Conference championships: Jan. 18
  • Super Bowl 54: Feb. 2

NFL playoffs TV schedule

Saturday, Jan. 4: Wild-card round

Home team Away team Start time TV channel
TBD TBD TBD TBD
TBD TBD TBD TBD

Sunday, Jan. 5: Wild-card round

Home team Away team Start time TV channel
TBD TBD TBD TBD
TBD TBD TBD TBD

It is nice that Two Bills Drive gets to make the decision even if it is not necessarily a good one.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Crazy how much of a chance the Browns have. They'd be in the driver's seat if they had beaten Arizona. If they beat Baltimore again,

You lost me right there.  Any given Sunday, but the Magic 8 Ball says "Unlikely to Occur"

Baltimore lost to KC and Harbaugh was "tough loss, Andy Reid, Mahomes ?‍♂️, it's hard to win in the NFL"

Baltimore lost to the Browns and Harbaugh was "@#$@#%ing Kitchens sink and that little %$#@ Mayfield, No Way we should be letting them Hang up 40 on us ???"

Changes were made in defensive personnel and scheme, Peters was acquired, and the Baltimore D stiffened up to the "Call a Doctor if" point.

First 7 games: 22 PPG given up

Last 7 games: 14 PPG given up

The Ravens have the "Catbird seat" for the 1st round bye and homefield throughout the playoffs, and they aren't letting it go.

Come on Bills...let's go.  I got playoff tickets for whatever home playoff game KC has, and man do I want that to be after a bye VS the Patriots in KC.  

Hope you guys win everything you possibly can unless it's VS Kc...If KC were to be eliminated etc....The Bills are my 2nd fav.  

8 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Come on Bills...let's go.  I got playoff tickets for whatever home playoff game KC has, and man do I want that to be after a bye VS the Patriots in KC.  

Hope you guys win everything you possibly can unless it's VS Kc...If KC were to be eliminated etc....The Bills are my 2nd fav.  

Is this because a Bills win helps the Chiefs???

UUpdated playoffs and possible week 17 schedule

AFC division winners are NE, BAL, HOU,and KC

Hou can be 3 or 4. To get 3 thry need to W and KC L one.

KC can be 1-4.  They WW to finish at 12-4 and tie bal and/or NE at 12-4 they get tiebreaker to get 1 or 2.

BAL magic number for 1 is 1. They have NE tiebreaker but lose to KC. So they can be 1-3 seed.

NE can be 1-3.  

BUF is 5

PiT needs to W and TEN L and they clinch 6. Or thry win both games.

TEN needs to W 2 and PIT L 1 or W one and PI.t L 2.

Cleveland and oakland needs LL by both TEN and PIT. CLE get in if it WW. OAK WW and needs a L by CLE to get in.

in NFC

DAL/PHI someone gets the division and is 4

SF/SEA week 17 is near certainty for NBC.

SF L and SEA W week 16 doesn’t decide much.  As of now SF has a tiebreaker age for division  by strength of victory because other tiebreakers are tied

For sorting 1-3 seeds.  

NO beat SEA

SF beat NO and GB

GB and SEA/SF have better conference record than NO

SEA has tiebreaker on GB

MIN needs to W and W next week and GB L next week for division.

week 17 depends greatly on results of week 16 games.  These are likely scenarios in scheduling.  Likely a scenario with two teams competing with each other likely happen on opposite networks.  IF TEN and PIT win this week then PIT game on FIX and TEN on CBS for example.

near certainty SF/SEA on nbc

if MIN beat GB they play the same time

if PHL beats DAL they play at same time 

NO likrly pkays same time as GB

if MIN lose and Rams W sat then they play at the same time

in the AFC..

if PIT and TEN have same record or TEN ahead then they play at same time

KC plays same time as HOU

IfKC wins then KC plays same time as NE

IF PIT and TEN lose then they Could play in same slot along with CLE and OAK if either  of the latter two  W Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Houston is beatable IF we can get our RBs over 80 yards on the ground & Allen contributes another 40. I don’t see us winning on Allen’s arm alone as he just misses too many wide open WRs. Kid needs another offseason of boot camp & improving his mechanics and throwing. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

Houston is beatable IF we can get our RBs over 80 yards on the ground & Allen contributes another 40. I don’t see us winning on Allen’s arm alone as he just misses too many wide open WRs. Kid needs another offseason of boot camp & improving his mechanics and throwing. 

They need balance , and good pass pro. Think of the DAL game. That’s what Allen can do when he gets a pocket . If he has to reset a lot, the mechanics get a little sloppy sometimes. He can thread lasers in there if we give him a little time. He will need a running game though. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

They need balance , and good pass pro. Think of the DAL game. That’s what Allen can do when he gets a pocket . If he has to reset a lot, the mechanics get a little sloppy sometimes. He can thread lasers in there if we give him a little time. He will need a running game though. 

Agreed but I also think sending Kroft or Knox down the seam a few plays per half stretches out the defense & opens the underneath passing lanes. 

• Like (+1) 1

It will be good to see how Allen does in a playoff game. He's done great so far when the lights are brightest - Thanksgiving, the Steelers, even yesterday.

I hope that guy ends up with 20+ playoff wins, and a handful of rings.  This could just be win #1 and the start of an amazing run.  At least, it's fun to think about it that way.

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

Hou is definitely our best matchup. Their strength is passing, our defense is great at pass defense.

Josh struggles the most when under pressure, HOU has one of the lowest pressure rates in the league. Gotta feel pretty good if/when this is who we draw.

KC win week 17 and we get Houston in the WC.

Houston loss week 17 and we get Houston in the WC.

KC loss and Houston win week 17 and we get KC in the WC.

I think these are the only scenarios that remain?

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

KC win week 17 and we get Houston in the WC.

Houston loss week 17 and we get Houston in the WC.

KC loss and Houston win week 17 and we get KC in the WC.

I think these are the only scenarios that remain?

yup

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LEBills said:

Hou is definitely our best matchup. Their strength is passing, our defense is great at pass defense.

Josh struggles the most when under pressure, HOU has one of the lowest pressure rates in the league. Gotta feel pretty good if/when this is who we draw.

I think Vegas will make the line BUF +3. Not bad considering home teams get 3. 

Almost certainly Bills @ Houston at this point.  Would be a surprise if KC loses and Houston wins in W17, since KC is playing a "run for the bus" opponent in the Chargers while Houston faces a Titans squad who need a win to get in (or a Pittsburgh loss, but I would presume the Ravens will be resting everyone).

If the Bills were smart they would be preparing for their likely first round matchup against the Texans(with some lesser prep work for the Chiefs) and not waste time really doing much for the Jets game since its going to be backups and it honestly doesn't matter to their playoff seeding.

This would pretty much give us 2 weeks worth of preparation against an opponent and almost like having a first round bye, which could give us an advantage come that game.

Edited by matter2003

12 minutes ago, eball said:

Almost certainly Bills @ Houston at this point.  Would be a surprise if KC loses and Houston wins in W17, since KC is playing a "run for the bus" opponent in the Chargers while Houston faces a Titans squad who need a win to get in (or a Pittsburgh loss, but I would presume the Ravens will be resting everyone).

Houston plays at home against Tennessee next week.  

will Houston rest starters?

the Ravens play the Steelers.  
will Balt rest starters?

both resting teams will determine who backs into the last WC.  

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

If the Bills were smart they would be preparing for their likely first round matchup against the Texans(with some lesser prep work for the Chiefs) and not waste time really doing much for the Jets game since its going to be backups and it honestly doesn't matter to their playoff seeding.

This would pretty much give us 2 weeks worth of preparation against an opponent and almost like having a first round bye, which could give us an advantage come that game.

while true.  I think McDermott will want to play to go out with a win and not the first 2 game losing streak of the season. 

19 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Houston is probably doing the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

It would be great if we could get a clue as to which seeds will play what day for travel purposes. I’m driving ftom

Austin to Houston- no problem there, but I have several friends planning to fly in and they need to book that. It seems like the 5th seed is usually the Saturday game. That would be ideal 

Edited by SF Bills Fan

If I was Houston I'd want to play starters. I'd believe in myself to get to the AFCCG, and then KC coming out of the other playoff tree is definitely a possibility - and week 17 decides whether that game is in Houston or KC.

Edited by arcane

2 hours ago, Mr Info said:

This is what I have seen for Raiders to make playoffs & Browns game has no impact:

Raiders beat Broncos

Texans beat Titans

Ravens beat Steelers

Colts beat Jags

That's by no means improbable. If the Raiders make the playoffs I might just vomit in my mouth.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Houston away is a coin toss. The big matchup everyone is going to talk about is the Bills top flight defense vs. Watson and the Houston offense. But the real question will be can the Bills offense move the ball on Houston's defense? I like our odds. 

Me too.

They're like a load of half-digested baby foot peas.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Me too.

They're like a load of half-digested baby foot peas.

The Texans defense is subpar and their offense while really good I think could be stopped by the Bills quality defense. I would give the Bills a slight edge in the matchup but I downgrade it to a coin toss due to the fact that it will be an away game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan89 said:

The Texans defense is subpar and their offense while really good I think could be stopped by the Bills quality defense. I would give the Bills a slight edge in the matchup but I downgrade it to a coin toss due to the fact that it will be an away game. 

The Bills have played better on the road this year however—going into Foxboro they were 6-1, IIRC.