2019 Playoffs. 1st round

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Just not sure the Bills are winning at PIT. I’d feel more confident if that was at home. Tough venue and a pretty good D. 

Of course. Mathematically maybe not huge but in reality it may not be the better outcome. 

I'd he shocked if that QB can throw for more than 120 against us. come on.  

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

For clarity... the Bills are 1 to 2 wins away from the clinch and as noted can do so if they beat the Ravens. 

It begins if beat the Ravens then worry about the rest.  

Did you just attempt to mansplain my post?! It was already perfectly clear.

With the Raiders losing, Bills are now just THREE game outcomes away from clinching the playoffs as early as NEXT SUNDAY:

1. Root for Pats to beat Texans tonight (unless you still want to cheer for a shot at the division title... Lil' Kay doesn't agree, but she won't fault ya for it :) )

2. Beat Ravens next Sunday at 1pm (easy peasy!)

3. Root for Titans to beat Raiders next Sunday at 4pm (very likely, given how the Raiders and Titans are trending).

If this happens, the Bills will have an entire month to plan for the wildcard game. They could also try beating the Steelers, Pats, and Jets too. Whatever floats their boat.

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

I'd he shocked if that QB can throw for more than 120 against us. come on.  

He might not have to. Just a gut feeling , and I hope I’m wrong. Wrote that one off when the schedule came out and I still don’t feel much different. They will run and play good defense. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He might not have to. Just a gut feeling , and I hope I’m wrong. Wrote that one off when the schedule came out and I still don’t feel much different. They will run and play good defense. 

That's what denver was known for too. 

1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

That's what denver was known for too. 

Yes, however they had 3 wins and the game was at home. Steelers have 7 wins and have a good defense plus a better coach than the Broncos. Tough place to play. If that game is in BUF I’d feel differently for sure.

The same way that we've been (fairly) faded for not being as good as our record indicates, Pittsburgh is nowhere near as good as their record indicates.  Yes, their defense is fine, but they're starting a third string UDFA rookie QB.  That alone will get you beat against most teams in the league.  And make no mistake -- Duck looked every bit like an UDFA rookie QB today.  His WRs made several outstanding contested catches against very tight coverage.  Those are high-variance plays and not a recipe for regular success in the NFL.  If our playoff hopes come down to a road trip against this team, I'm good with that.  

55 minutes ago, KayAdams said:

Did you just attempt to mansplain my post?! It was already perfectly clear.

With the Raiders losing, Bills are now just THREE game outcomes away from clinching the playoffs as early as NEXT SUNDAY:

1. Root for Pats to beat Texans tonight (unless you still want to cheer for a shot at the division title... Lil' Kay doesn't agree, but she won't fault ya for it :) )

2. Beat Ravens next Sunday at 1pm (easy peasy!)

3. Root for Titans to beat Raiders next Sunday at 4pm (very likely, given how the Raiders and Titans are trending).

If this happens, the Bills will have an entire month to plan for the wildcard game. They could also try beating the Steelers, Pats, and Jets too. Whatever floats their boat.

So clear that you had to have a clarifying retort hahaha

14 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

So clear that you had to have a clarifying retort hahaha

I was updating after the Raiders-Chiefs game and also clarifying for any TBD members who ride the short bus to school. Are you looking for an internet smack in the mouth or something?! -* 

*- (Apologies, Mr. Cage. It's the Manischewitz wine. I'm a little tipsy tonight, and I get emotional over football when I drink).

Just now, KayAdams said:

I was updating after the Raiders-Chiefs game and also clarifying for any TBD members who ride the short bus to school. Are you looking for an internet smack in the mouth or something?! -* 

*- (Apologies, Mr. Cage. It's the Manischewitz wine. I'm a little tipsy tonight, and I get emotional over football when I drink).

To be honest my son literally "rides the short bus" to school and is disabled (has angelman's syndrome).  Super classy.

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

To be honest my son literally "rides the short bus" to school and is disabled (has angelman's syndrome).  Super classy.

Oooooooooh..... super awkward. Well to change the subject, I'm thinking maybe it would be better to root for the Texans tonight over the Pats. As much fun as it would be to clinch a wildcard next Sunday, it has been 23 straight seasons without a division title and a home playoff game. Brady isn't the same, they still have to play the Chiefs next week, the Bills are hitting their stride on offense and defense, you only live once, etc... 

Lets go Texans.  

keep the pressure on and win this 

up 21  -  9 beginning of the 4th!!!!!

1 hour ago, KayAdams said:

Oooooooooh..... super awkward. Well to change the subject, I'm thinking maybe it would be better to root for the Texans tonight over the Pats. As much fun as it would be to clinch a wildcard next Sunday, it has been 23 straight seasons without a division title and a home playoff game. Brady isn't the same, they still have to play the Chiefs next week, the Bills are hitting their stride on offense and defense, you only live once, etc... 

you even though to root for the pats ??? Shame. Shame 

2 hours ago, KayAdams said:

Seriously Biff from Tonawanda 

stop being a dick.  My son also rode a short bus because of his autism. 

• Like (+1) 1

I haven't read or seen this scenario, but according to the tracker after this Pats-Texans game IF:

Bills lose to Ravens but beat Steelers & Pats.

Pats lose to Chiefs and Bills but beat Bengals.

Week 17, Pats have a 1-game lead on the Bills.

Bills beat Jets

Fitzy and the Dolfelons beat the Pats (they've upset them many times over the years)

Bills win the East. :D

On 10/14/2019 at 12:09 PM, Real McCoy said:

To many focused on a WC. The Pat's schedule is just about to get tougher. I'm still thinking division at 13-3

With the Pat's loss tonight the division is very much in play. Beating the Ravens is tough but if the Bill's can pull it out then the number one seed is very much in play. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Wait just a goshdurn minute here. This is all wrong. Cynthia Froeundlinedijrr says the Bills only have like a .00007% chance to make the playoffs. And her mathematical process is INFALLIBLE, people! She is a friggin' genius, obviously. 

I kid. Last time I saw one of her playoff prediction bullsh*t things she had the Chargers with like a 10% better chance of making the playoffs than the Bills. It's mind-boggling on an astronomical level why anyone would pay her for the drivel she comes up with. I probably feel that way about most of these yappidy-yapping toolbags. Dont bother to turn on the TV until 1 PM and sometimes can't even listen to the commentary. All of 'em have an agenda and part of that agenda likely states, "Do all you can to discredit the Bills. They're a small market team and really, who cares that they're 9-3? Dedicate tons of time to talking about how all their victories came over inferior opponents and don't forget to make endless excuses for why Dallas let the Bills win." I just want all of them to feast on a fat turd sammich. 

A few weeks back, she predicted the Bills would finish with 9 wins, having a 42% chance of making the playoffs (Texans were also 9 wins, 50% and wild card team #1)...but the kicker, she had the Jaguars winning 8 games but a higher percentage and projected wild card team #2. I didn't understand how that happened. Bills projected at 9 wins, Jags 8...but the Jags getting the wild card. She's a farce. 

Ok, so to recap following the Pats-Texans game, the Bills now have two delicious playoff options:

Option 1: win the division and be 1st overall in the conference. The most probable path is to win out and have the Pats also lose to the Chiefs next Sunday.

Option 2: settle for either wildcard seed. To keep things simple, I'm assuming the Pats, Ravens, Chiefs, and Texans win their divisions and am only considering head-to-head tiebreaker scenarios and not considering possibilities of tie games. That leaves the Bills needing to beat out at least 4 of these 5 teams:

1. Steelers (magic number of 3)

2. Titans (magic number of 2)

3. Raiders (magic number of 2)

4. Colts (magic number of 1)

5. Browns (magic number of 1)

So if the Bills win any 2 games (Pitt and Jets are most likely), they're in without needing any help.

Win any 1 remaining game (Jets most likely), and the easiest route is to have the winner of next Sunday's Titans vs Raiders game lose 1 additional game.

Finish the season 0-4, and you can see the Bills will need some help but nothing too unrealistic. The Colts, Browns, and Raiders will likely disqualify themselves, while the Steelers will likely jump over the Bills in this scenario. So that means the Titans would need to have a mediocre finish (2-2 or worse...very possible because they play the Texans twice, the Saints, and the Raiders).

Does this make sense? Any faulty logic you see?

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, 707BillsFan said:

A few weeks back, she predicted the Bills would finish with 9 wins, having a 42% chance of making the playoffs (Texans were also 9 wins, 50% and wild card team #1)...but the kicker, she had the Jaguars winning 8 games but a higher percentage and projected wild card team #2. I didn't understand how that happened. Bills projected at 9 wins, Jags 8...but the Jags getting the wild card. She's a farce. 

Ah, ANALYTICS.