2019 Playoffs. 1st round

Buffalo 8-3  with a 2 game buffer the 5th seed

REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Cowboys (6-5), vs. Ravens (9-2), at Steelers (6-5), at Patriots (10-1), vs. Jets (4-7)

Steelers 6-5 sneak into the 6th seed.  

REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Browns (5-6), at Cardinals (3-7-1), vs. Bills (8-3), at Jets (4-7), at Ravens (9-2)

Raiders 6-5 slip to the 7th seed 

REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Chiefs (7-4), vs. Titans (6-5), vs. Jaguars (4-7), at Chargers (4-7), at Broncos (3-8)

Colts 6-5  8th seed 

REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Titans (6-5), at Buccaneers (4-7), at Saints (9-2), vs. Panthers (5-6), at Jaguars (4-7)

Titans 6-5 9th seed 

REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Colts (6-5), at Raiders (6-5), vs. Texans (7-4), vs. Saints (9-2), at Texans (7-4)

Browns 5-6 10th seed 

REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Steelers (6-5), vs. Bengals (0-11), at Cardinals (3-7-1), vs. Ravens (9-2), at Bengals (0-11)

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

I put the Bills at 10-6 with wins against the Jets and Steelers, and then went about selecting other games to see how long it'd take our chances to fall below 50%. I got to 25 individual games going not ideally in our favor before that happened. It took about 23 to get below 95%. No idea how "maximally un-ideal" my choices were, but if we win those two games, we're in.

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/saints-49ers-patriots-clinch-playoff-184131496.html

Saints, 49ers and Patriots can clinch playoff spots this week

New England would lock up a spot with a win and losses or ties by either the Raiders or the Steelers. If the Patriots tie the Texans, they’d get in with losses by at least two of the Raiders, Steelers and Colts.

https://sports.yahoo.com/afc-playoff-picture-big-games-130534294.html

5. Bills (8-3) The next four weeks are the toughest of the season for Buffalo, but they’ve put themselves in position to absorb a loss or two without fatally damaging their postseason bid.

ELIMINATED
16. Bengals (0-11) Andy Dalton‘s back in the saddle with a two-game edge on competitors for the top pick in the draft.

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

On 11/26/2019 at 8:58 AM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Week 13 match ups

AFC Rooting Interests - Red is a tossup I dunno who I want or the Bills need  .... some it just doesn't matter and or who I want to root for just because 

MATCH UP HOME TEAM NAT TV
Buffalo Dallas CBS
Cleveland Pittsburgh CBS
Tennessee Indianapolis CBS
Oakland Kansas City CBS
Los Angeles Chargers Denver CBS
New England Houston NBC
San Francisco Baltimore FOX
Philadelphia Miami FOX
Tampa Bay Jacksonville FOX
New York Jets Cincinnati CBS

Green Bay New York Giants FOX
New Orleans Atlanta NBC
Washington Carolina CBS
Los Angeles Rams Arizona FOX
Minnesota Seattle ESPN
Chicago Detroit FOX

For the red: 

I'm rooting for Pittsburgh.  Cleveland is hot right now and to me the better team.  A loss pretty much ends them so that is what I am rooting for.

I'm rooting for Tennessee.  We own the tie breaker over them.

I'm rooting for Baltimore.  I would like to see them keep pace with the Patriots this week so when they lose to the Bills it doesn't end their hopes for a bye.

I disagree with a couple of your bolded.

I'm rooting for Houston.  The division is in play if the Patriots drop this game and the Bills can beat them in foxboro.  Plus I will never root for the Patriots unless it has some huge benefit for the Bills.  This game doesn't meet this criteria.

I'm rooting for Tampa Bay.  End Jacksonville's season.

For the non bolded:

I'm rooting for Miami.  Ruin the tank and help our strength of victory

I'm rooting for Washington.  Help the strength of victory

I'm rooting for Giants.  I bet you can guess why lol.

All this said just win baby!!!  Still rooting for the division.  Beat Dallas when they are reeling, beat the Ravens after having extra prep time, beat the Steelers and Duck Dodge, end the dynasty, beat the running for the buses Jets!  Let's Go Buffalo!!!

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, section122 said:

For the red: 

I'm rooting for Pittsburgh.  Cleveland is hot right now and to me the better team.  A loss pretty much ends them so that is what I am rooting for.

I'm rooting for Tennessee.  We own the tie breaker over them.

I'm rooting for Baltimore.  I would like to see them keep pace with the Patriots this week so when they lose to the Bills it doesn't end their hopes for a bye.

I disagree with a couple of your bolded.

I'm rooting for Houston.  The division is in play if the Patriots drop this game and the Bills can beat them in foxboro.  Plus I will never root for the Patriots unless it has some huge benefit for the Bills.  This game doesn't meet this criteria.

I'm rooting for Tampa Bay.  End Jacksonville's season.

For the non bolded:

All this said just win baby!!!  Still rooting for the division.  Beat Dallas when they are reeling, beat the Ravens after having extra prep time, beat the Steelers and Duck Dodge, end the dynasty, beat the running for the buses Jets!  Let's Go Buffalo!!!

The division is in play, only in that we can win more games than NE this season. We have virtually the same schedule, we lost to Philly and Cleveland. NE beat them. We HAVE to beat Dallas and Baltimore to leap frog them, and then beat NE in NE. More or less winning out. NE does not have an NFC game left on the schedule. So if they only lost to us, they would take the tie breaker from either SoS or SoV.

We would tie in H2H, Division, Conference, and Common Opponents. Buffalo losing to Philly and Cleveland doesn't help. New England only losing to Buffalo down the stretch gives them the edge for both SoS and SoV. We would need them to drop an addition game from Houston or KC. But then we have more wins. Division is ONLY in play if Buffalo wins out and NE drops 2. If we lose the Baltimore game, NE would then need to lose 2 in a row to Houston and KC, then lose to Buffalo at Gillette. Only option is to just flat out win more games than BB and TB. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

The division is in play, only in that we can win more games than NE this season. We have virtually the same schedule, we lost to Philly and Cleveland. NE beat them. We HAVE to beat Dallas and Baltimore to leap frog them, and then beat NE in NE. More or less winning out. NE does not have an NFC game left on the schedule. So if they only lost to us, they would take the tie breaker from either SoS or SoV.

We would tie in H2H, Division, Conference, and Common Opponents. Buffalo losing to Philly and Cleveland doesn't help. New England only losing to Buffalo down the stretch gives them the edge for both SoS and SoV. We would need them to drop an addition game from Houston or KC. But then we have more wins. Division is ONLY in play if Buffalo wins out and NE drops 2. If we lose the Baltimore game, NE would then need to lose 2 in a row to Houston and KC, then lose to Buffalo at Gillette. Only option is to just flat out win more games than BB and TB. 

I am with you on all of this.  As you state none of it can happen without them losing to Houston first so that is what I am rooting for.  I don't think they will but I will be rooting for it!

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

This is who we should want.

Bills over Cowboys

Titans over Colts

Browns over Steelers

Chiefs over Raiders

Texans over Patriots (This starts opening the division lead back up)

Only one I disagree with is Browns over Steelers.  Browns are hot right now records be damned.  The Steelers and their third string qb are more likely to fall apart imo.

7 minutes ago, section122 said:

Only one I disagree with is Browns over Steelers.  Browns are hot right now records be damned.  The Steelers and their third string qb are more likely to fall apart imo.

Not only that: The Bills still get to play the Steelers and thus, to earn the tiebreaker against them.

The Bills have already lost to the Browns, so in a scenario where they both finish 10-6, the Browns would get in over the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I know it won't happen but I think they either have to lose the next three and we win out or I'm pretty sure if we win out and they lose one more game to miami or maybe ?bengals? 

4 hours ago, section122 said:

For the red: 

Cleveland is on a win streak. So yeah. 
The Steelers switching QBs is still a mystery with the 6th seed.  

4 hours ago, section122 said:

For the non bolded:

we beat Miami and lost to Philadelphia.  How does sos fit there?  Philly has the better record.  

5 hours ago, section122 said:

I am with you on all of this.  As you state none of it can happen without them losing to Houston first so that is what I am rooting for.  I don't think they will but I will be rooting for it!

not worried about browns. They will drop one more. 

7 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

we beat Miami and lost to Philadelphia.  How does sos fit there?  Philly has the better record.  

Since we played miami twice them winning would increase our strength of victory by more wouldnt it?  Or does it still only count once?

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills over Cowboys

Titans over Colts

Browns over Steelers

Chiefs over Raiders

This would be my dream scenario too.

14 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills over Cowboys

Titans over Colts

Browns over Steelers

Chiefs over Raiders

i think a lot of fans are so used to thanksgiving meaning you need 9 games to go right to stay alive that they are missing that we are as close to locks as humanly possible and chasing the pats and by proxy potentially home field advantages/byes is probably the better one to root for.

• Like (+1) 1

Why not just pie in the sky?.......

Patriots are illing this week. Will lose to Houston. No reason to think that Mahomes and the Chiefs won't beat them in Foxboro the following week.

Ravens could easily lose to SF this week but, if not, can lose to the Bills the following week.

If we truly Billieve in The Process, it's very reasonable to believe we can run the table.

Final records:

Pats 12-4 (losses to BAL, HOU, KC, BUF) -------> #5 seed WC

BAL 13-3 (losses to KC, CLE, BUF) or 12-4 (losses to KC, CLE, SF, BUF) -------> #2 seed BYE

BUF 13-3 -------> #1 seed BYE (head-to-head tie-breaker over BAL or record)

Screw the rest of the scenarios!

BOOM.....(mouse drop)

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/27/2019 at 11:16 AM, Mango said:

The division is in play, only in that we can win more games than NE this season. [TRUE] We have virtually the same schedule, we lost to Philly and Cleveland. NE beat them. We HAVE to beat Dallas and Baltimore to leap frog them, and then beat NE in NE. [TRUE] More or less winning out. NE does not have an NFC game left on the schedule. So if they only lost to us, they would take the tie breaker from either SoS or SoV. [NOT TRUE. 14-2 record]

We would tie in H2H, Division, Conference, and Common Opponents.[NOT TRUE] Buffalo losing to Philly and Cleveland doesn't help. New England only losing to Buffalo down the stretch gives them the edge for both SoS and SoV. We would need them to drop an addition game from Houston or KC. But then we have more wins. Division is ONLY in play if Buffalo wins out and NE drops 2. [NOT TRUE] If we lose the Baltimore game, NE would then need to lose 2 in a row to Houston and KC, then lose to Buffalo at Gillette. [NOT TRUE. Tie-breaker at 12-4 still goes to NEOnly option is to just flat out win more games than BB and TB. [TRUE]

Best possible Bills record is 13-3. Bills need to win-out to take the division unless the Pats have a meltdown (or TB blows knee). Tie-breaker at 13-3 goes to the Pats.

Pats would need to finish no better than 12-4. Best way to those 3 additional losses are against HOU, KC, and BUF.

Edited by ProeBills