Bills at Giants Pre-Game thread

YoloinOhio

Just now, Gugny said:

Sounds great, Fergs!

I'm making a fresh batch of my DiABLO hot sauce.  Throwing some homegrown peppers, ghost peppers, habaneros, jalapenos, garlic, onion and a green tomato in the smoker for a couple hours.

Gone make a Mexican pizza and some Buffalo-style meatballs later.

The Beer Fairy came (one of my supervisors at work) and delivered two Focals and two Headys; plus I still have one Holy Cow left (thank you, sir).

It's a great day for FOOTBALL!

GO BEELS!

You forgot to capitalize the “i” in DIABLO. But if we win, we’ll let it slide. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DRA3196 said:

it has been a long time. Probably decades, since I have been this confident about a game the Bills are favored to win. It isn't that I care what the talking heads say, instead it's more about the talent, focus and execution of the team. It is refreshing when comparing another team to our own on gameday, we Finally,  are the ones with the majority of the checkmarks on our side of the ledger. Go Bills!!!

I'm with you.  First time in ages I'm actually expecting the Bills to win a game like this.  I won't be able to fall back on the usual 'same old Bills' if they lose, I'll be all WTF how can they lose a game like that?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I use a zester to shave whole cinnamon and nutmeg into the grounds, toss in a few whole cloves, and use powder for the ginger and turmeric. It's a nice spicy blend without being too overwhelming, plus the anti-inflammatory benefits are legit.

Y’all are being healthy... and here I am drinking an Irish coffee at dawn while prepping a pork shoulder and spatchcocking chickens. ?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Y’all are being healthy... and here I am drinking an Irish coffee at dawn while prepping a pork shoulder and spatchcocking chickens. ?

I'm only being healthy until kickoff.

Sunday is my cheat day, so once 1pm comes, it'll be on like nobody's business.

The big score for today will be Honey Stinging Waffle Fries with Sriracha Bleu Cheese...and of course, a few Paula's donuts during SNF. Maybe I'll wash 'em down with a Sam Adams Oktoberfest.

• Like (+1) 2

Best advicePut the Jets game out of your head, expect nothing, you won't be disappointed.

Anything better, Bills wise, beyond that, and one should be pleasantly pleased.

It's an old Chinese proverb I made up from watching the Bills. 

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I'm only being healthy until kickoff.

Sunday is my cheat day, so once 1pm comes, it'll be on like nobody's business.

The big score for today will be Honey Stinging Waffle Fries with Sriracha Bleu Cheese...and of course, a few Paula's donuts during SNF. Maybe I'll wash 'em down with a Sam Adams Oktoberfest.

I eat vegan a few days a week to make room for Sundays... keeps the colon happy. Those fries with siracha bleu cheese sound awesome! I’m going full southern today; white bbq sauce sweetened with mango nectar on the chicken, Tarheel style pork sandwiches, greens, fried mac, slaw, etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I eat vegan a few days a week to make room for Sundays... keeps the colon happy. Those fries with siracha bleu cheese sound awesome! I’m going full southern today; white bbq sauce sweetened with mango nectar on the chicken, Tarheel style pork sandwiches, greens, fried mac, slaw, etc. 

Have always wanted to try that style of chicken. Sounds awesome. 

When I was 16, I went out for breakfast with my grandfather. WW2 vet. Fought in the Philippines and on Okinawa. Total badass. I got a cup of coffee, added some cream and sugar, and passed them down to my grandpa. He looked at me and asked “Why would I want to ruin my coffee with that crap?”  I’ve been drinking everything black since then. I won’t even do a latte or a cafe con leche. But I do French press. 

Bills are crushing today!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Sounds excellent!

Are you going high heat or low and slow for the chickens? My favorite thing about spatchcocking is that you can use it with any cooking method 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

"Over the past five years, road teams in Week 2 that were also on the road in Week 1 were 2-16 against the point spread, according to ArmadilloSports.com."

https://nypost.com/2019/09/15/how-giants-could-change-because-of-depleted-wr-corps/

Not sure why that's a thing, but let's hope the Bills buck that trend.

Winning by 2 is the trend :)

"Over the past five years, road teams in Week 2 that were also on the road in Week 1 were 2-16 against the point spread, according to ArmadilloSports.com."

https://nypost.com/2019/09/15/how-giants-could-change-because-of-depleted-wr-corps/

Winning on the road two weeks in a row is harder than just winning in the NFL. I think I am paraphrasing Jauron? 

"In Week One, the Giants never sacked Dak Prescott while allowing him to complete 25 of 32 passes for 405 yards and four touchdowns...

... The Giants ranked 31st in the NFL in sacks last year and tied for 29th the year before. It’s been a long time since they’ve been able to rush opposing passers effectively"

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/14/giants-feel-sense-of-urgency-to-fix-their-pass-rush/

Hmm. Pass the ball 17 times to start the game again?

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I don't understand people who add flavors to coffee.

Its because they don’t like the taste of coffee ?

But none of those week 1&2 road teams played in the same building that's only a 45 min flight away. 

Also, teams that lost the turnover battle by 4 or more won only about 5% of about 800 games since 1970. 

Bills are bucking the trend 2 weeks in a row

2 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

Dang. I was worried people would think I was too bougee for grinding my own beans and using a French press. 

Don't worry, I did the same thing this morning, but only because our espresso machine is in need of cleaning. What has become of me?

Ahh...hell with what y'all think. The **** is GOOD!

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

This truly is the best time of year.

My morning:

Coffee brewed with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove, and turmeric 

Homemade French toast for the wife and kids (Chocolate protein shake for me)

A Star Wars movie for the twins

Jumper time for baby girl and dad

Come 1:00, NFL football 

Late summer and Fall, right into Christmas really are the best times of year indeed. 

Coffee brewed - a Grog that the wife concocted.  It’s great.  Sitting on the deck looking at the wooded area past  my yard and listening to birds sing.  

Breakfast will be a veggie omelette. 

All three kids gone, raised and they have good  jobs and their own homes. Yeah!!!

Morning news, then Jazz music while in my soundroom while “reading the paper” on my iPad. 

No more NFL pregame shows, don’t need it.  

Watch game at Bills Backers bar this afternoon.   We can win this. 

Peaceful evening planned for later.  The game outcome always plays a role in my mood.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Beef on Weck said:

Wife and I are getting ready for a 2 hour drive from Rochester (listening to PreGame on Radio) to Cuba NY area,  to go to my son's girlfriend's family for the first time - They are great people and also Bills Fans so we will all watch the game together.  Our first time visiting them - l  get antsy during the game so pray l don't scream too loud - lol.  They are cooking a Tailgate Theme so hope they understand and scream with me...    Go Bills! 

I hope they’re great people. You sound like an idiot!??

2 cups of strong black coffee (grind my own beans), then a hike with the dogs.  Now thinking about the cold beverages sitting in my fridge.  Will probably crack the first in about 15 minutes then head out to our local bar around noon to watch the game.  Somewhat wary about this game as both of my college kids' teams lost yesterday (University of Colorado and 'Cuse), which has not been a favorable indicator of a Bills victory in the past.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Moonzoo said:

I have zero statistical evidence to prove the observation, but it seems like running back a kick-off is almost always a losing proposition, and so it is better to just take the 25 yard line when possible.  Watching the game last week, it looked like the Bills MIGHT be taking the 25 by letting the ball go, as opposed to running it back short of the 25, risking injury and providing an opportunity for a penalty like blocking in the back.

There is still plenty of opportunity for injuries in a touchback. The touch back doesn’t happen til near the end. All the kick returners can’t tell what’s happening. They have to play like it’s live even on a touchback. Kickoffs are stupid. 4th and 15 at the 35 instead please.