Sign in to follow this  

Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

We didn't really send a man to the moon.

So, CTE it is!

• Haha (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We can send a man to the moon but we can't come up with a better helmet?

A better helmet is part of the problem. The  better the helmet the harder players hit. The more they feel protected the faster they play. 

On 8/1/2019 at 11:50 PM, Captain Murica said:

Morse needs to invest in the Kelso helmet

As I have reported before that helmet is not available.

Kelso in fact has recommended another helmet for which the manufacturers are having trouble getting leeway in NFL due to NFL equipment rules and pushback from NFLPA.

6 hours ago, iinii said:

A better helmet is part of the problem. The  better the helmet the harder players hit. The more they feel protected the faster they play. 

I agree with this 100%.  Take away some of that full body armor and I'm guessing players would be less-reckless with their bodies.

7 hours ago, iinii said:

There are better helmets which do not make better weapons but the NFL has not allowed it on approved list and the NFLPA has objected to any safety improvements.  For the NFL it appears it is just the bureaucracy and contracts with companies which pay endorsement deals. For NFLPA I am not sure, only thing which makes financial sense is players not able to make incentives in contracts other than the usual "make a change we want something in return even if it helps our members."

WGR talking how Morse might miss entire year.  Wondering if that is what is being talked about in Rochester around the campus.

• Skeptical 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

WGR talking how Morse might miss entire year.  Wondering if that is what is being talked about in Rochester around the campus.

WGR is probably just exploring all scenarios, I think this version of OBD has been pretty good at keeping things under wraps and I'd be surprised if there were leaks on medical evaluations.

That being said, would it really shock anybody if Morse sat out a year or called it quits? Morse just signed a huge deal, with a ton of guaranteed signing bonus money, and has his entire life ahead of him.

I know a lot of posters don't like to speculate on negative issues until they actually happen, and I respect that approach, but I think discussing issues from all angles is part of what makes a forum like this tick.

Regardless, I think Beane should be doing everything he can to find a decent backup for Morse. Bodine playing significant minutes would pretty much doom our Oline and hurt Allen's progression in his second year.

9 hours ago, Limeaid said:

As I have reported before that helmet is not available.

Kelso in fact has recommended another helmet for which the manufacturers are having trouble getting leeway in NFL due to NFL equipment rules and pushback from NFLPA.

i posed about this earlier in this thread... there ARE Better helmets out there, which absorb impact rather than just holding the head in place better and still allowing the full impact to reverberate through the helmet to the brain.

But the NFL And the NFLPA have been absurdly slow to pay attention to this technology shift... There is skepticism despite great lab results... but until someone takes a step and leap of faith and trys these helmets on a wider scale, no one will accept them.

Its a shame, there is something better out there but no one will move to use them.

23 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Age 15 or 16, playing touch football in the street.  Ran a play as a receiver and hit my head on the pavement.  Went back to the huddle, then just wandered back to the backyard, where I proceeded to pick a carrot from the garden I had planted.  Needless to say, the game ended at that point.

Where did you grow up?  When I was 15 in Queens, the school actually sponsored a full contact flag football league on cement, with no pads, helmets, or protection of any kind. This in freezing cold winters. They let us warm up at halftime in the locker room.

I must admit that I loved it but looking back, it was crazy.

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

I heard as well and thats not at all what the takeaway should have been.... but hey- that pot wont stir itself!!

Edited by gobills1212

Just now, gobills1212 said:

I heard as well and thats not at all what the takeaway shoukd have been.... but hey- that pot wont stir itself!!

It takes time...for some to get it.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

But I just read that Morse may miss the entire year! 

On 7/31/2019 at 9:27 AM, Elite Poster said:

4th in 5 years...yikes..

Yah but this was just practice WTH is he going to be like when the real beating inside starts ? Good thing they got a couple others that have done the job before cause it looks like they may need them !! 

11 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Where did you grow up?  When I was 15 in Queens, the school actually sponsored a full contact flag football league on cement, with no pads, helmets, or protection of any kind. This in freezing cold winters. They let us warm up at halftime in the locker room.

I must admit that I loved it but looking back, it was crazy.

I grew up in Liverpool, a suburb of Syracuse.

Paradis was signed for less money and had less of a long term injury concern.  Granted he is two years older and was coming off fibula fracture.  Many on here wanted Paradis over Morse.  I was a bit shocked he lasted in FA as long as he did so maybe he is not as well respected league wide. 

Only time will tell if Beane made the right move

On 7/31/2019 at 3:46 PM, MJS said:

Dude, you're hearing about players all over the league who have significant injuries and will miss significant regular season time. Nobody for the Bills is in that boat.

Thanks, "dude". Hate that term describing people. Seventy six years old and not a "dude".

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Radar said:

Thanks, "dude". Hate that term describing people. Seventy six years old and not a "dude".

Sorry dude.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Radar said:

Do you hate the movie The Big Lebowski?

• Haha (+1) 2