Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

1 minute ago, JimmyNoodles said:

I'm expecting a new fangled helmet when he's back. 

If it were that easy, everyone would be wearing them already. This sucks. I’m praying he can be all we had hoped for, but I’ll put the man ahead of the player. It was a gamble. We knew that. 

Just a quick reminder that none of us know anything about this situation. That is all.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, skibum said:

Just a quick reminder that none of us know anything about this situation. That is all.

Well, all we know is what we see. He’s not practicing nor did he play in the last game. There is a reason for that. We just don’t know the details of why and what the prognosis is. 

7 minutes ago, skibum said:

We know he is under observation for a concussion and is not cleared to play...so we do know something

• Like (+1) 2

I have PTSD after the Eric Woods shocker. This aint helping

16 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

I have PTSD after the Eric Woods shocker. This aint helping

Is a man shocker "3 in the stink"?   I was going to ask K-9 the other day when he was sharing his story about being shocked.

The preseason giveth and the preseason taketh away

I mean, it’s possible he really is struggling to recover, but how many coaches wouldn’t love to have one of their star players sitting during pre-season? I have a feeling he’ll play in the third game, start practicing before it, and then play the opener without a problem.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Confused 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I mean, it’s possible he really is struggling to recover, but how many coaches wouldn’t love to have one of their star players sitting during pre-season? I have a feeling he’ll play in the third game, start practicing before it, and then play the opener without a problem.

That's what I'm hoping for

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

What?  None?

Particularly with a new acquisition on the OL.

The OL success is very much about cohesion and communication and that is best built thru live football.

No way McProcess sees this absence as a positive.     *At best* it's an unfortunate but necessitated inconvenience.

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What?  None?

Particularly with a new acquisition on the OL.

The OL success is very much about cohesion and communication and that is best built thru live football.

No way McProcess sees this absence as a positive.     *At best* it's an unfortunate but necessitated inconvenience.

Having important players not playing meaningless games? Yeah.. okay. 

Cohesion is important and that’s why he’ll practice and play later. Just no point in exposing him to any unnecessary risk.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

They could sit any of them they want at any time they want. You don’t need an elaborate exaggerated concussion protocol to do so

39 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Is a man shocker "3 in the stink"?   I was going to ask K-9 the other day when he was sharing his story about being shocked.

I take back any nearly nice things I’ve said about you 

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Having important players not playing meaningless games? Yeah.. okay. 

Cohesion is important and that’s why he’ll practice and play later. Just no point in exposing him to any unnecessary risk.

You really need to change your avatar to the "ancient aliens" dude.............you can build a totally implausible narrative with almost no material with the best of em'.     I ain't mad, it's entertaining at least.:lol:

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

They could sit any of them they want at any time they want. You don’t need an elaborate exaggerated concussion protocol to do so

That’s exactly it - these twisted narratives about “well, they are just keeping him in the protocol all preseason just so he doesn’t play” are a bit far fetched. They could have easily just said, before the first preseason game, “he’s fine, we ain’t playin him.” 

Exactly like what they did with McCoy.

Edited by JoPar_v2

1 hour ago, skibum said:

What we do know is that this is his fourth concussion and he missed 5 games in 2018 because of one. At some point very soon the question will be quality of life after football. 

if he does end up missing significant time this season then retiring, I may have to bust out some Evanescence CDs, candles, and black face paint.

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

i want to say this is the plan, but I’m having a hard time remembering this was true for any player 

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I’m not 100% on how it works, but I doubt anyone on the coaching staff can intentionally keep a player In CP.

People are worried because this organization is keeping mum about it and nothing has really leaked out.

5 hours ago, Augie said:

If it were that easy, everyone would be wearing them already. This sucks. I’m praying he can be all we had hoped for, but I’ll put the man ahead of the player. It was a gamble. We knew that. 

I think he'll have whatever experimental state of the art contraption exists. 

25 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Hold him out till the playoffs.  

Super funny. U should send your act to netflix

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Star players sit out preseason games all the time. No need to make up excuses. McCoy didn't play.