Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
*******

Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My guess is they unpack Morse from his bubble wrap after they return from Carolina. No reason to submit him to another team’s pounding  before they have to.  

I said that earlier..and I never heard or saw a report that said Feliciano was getting reps at center this summer.

Coach has a plan on place.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I said that earlier..and I never heard or saw a report that said Feliciano was getting reps at center this summer.

Coach has a plan on place.

I think Feliciano and Long both got reps on like 2nd team at some point this summer.

  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I said that earlier..and I never heard or saw a report that said Feliciano was getting reps at center this summer.

Coach has a plan on place.

Isn't it great to finally have a coach the we can be confident in? I understand there are those who don't like McDermott. But you cannot deny that he will think everything through and be prepared. 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I think Feliciano and Long both got reps on like 2nd team at some point this summer.

Missed that..thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I said that earlier..and I never heard or saw a report that said Feliciano was getting reps at center this summer.

Coach has a plan on place.

I think I heard he only practiced one day total at C and not the entire practice. One thing he has going for him is new OL coach Johnson had him in Oakland and lobbied hard for the signing. He knew JF could do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has any info been released just how Morse received this concussion?  They were not even in pads at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Football is war, bound to have some casualties. Suck it up and get back out there! Totally joking, but that was def the mentality when i played little league back in the 90s. Prob why I cant't concentrate for ***** these days. lmao

Football is a game.. Calling it war is a kick in the nuts to the people who/whom fought a war

  • Meh 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Football is a game.. Calling it war is a kick in the nuts to the people who/whom fought a war

 

Wargames. Not to mention George Carlin. Or the nuclear football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RochesterLifer said:

Isn't it great to finally have a coach the we can be confident in? I understand there are those who don't like McDermott. But you cannot deny that he will think everything through and be prepared. 

 

 

I don't think I've seen any regular on TSW who wants McDermott fired.

 

But opinions like you just expressed above are not supported at all by fact...............you don't get blown out as often as McD's teams have or get casually, uncompetitively swept aside in your first 4 matches with your biggest rival like McD has and be totally "prepared" for opponents.     Prepared to do just what is expected to get your ass kicked is not being prepared.

 

Now defensively McD is tight........but this is a guy who is on his second ST and OC going into his third year..........mistakes have been made.

 

The strength of McD's game is getting players focused on football...........but how does McD matchup as a game planner and on game day?    He HAS to get better in these areas.   It's not optional.   It hasn't been a pretty ride to 15-17.    

 

That doesn't mean people who say this assume he is hopeless but the bar needs to be set a lot higher if winning and consistently becoming a SB contender is the goal.  

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Element115 said:

Has any info been released just how Morse received this concussion?  They were not even in pads at the time.

It was early in pads, maybe even day 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

My guess is they unpack Morse from his bubble wrap after they return from Carolina. No reason to submit him to another team’s pounding  before they have to.  

I wouldn't play him till week 1

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I wouldn't play him till week 1

I would play him next week. Lets see what we got, if he is a white elephant lets IR him now and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fan in San Diego said:

I would play him next week. Lets see what we got, if he is a white elephant lets IR him now and move on.

Yeah I think they need to play him one half in the third game if he is available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Element115 said:

Has any info been released just how Morse received this concussion?  They were not even in pads at the time.

 

As I recall it happened first day of padded practice. Didn’t realize it at the time but symptoms appeared a day or couple later   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I wouldn't play him till week 1

 

Agreed.  Give him as much time to heal as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These guys aren't dumb.

 

They will sit him until week 1. 

 

Outside of Allen, he's the most important piece on this offense.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, McBean said:

These guys aren't dumb.

 

They will sit him until week 1. 

 

Outside of Allen, he's the most important piece on this offense.

 

Just hope it’s a choice...

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After learning what Feliciano had to say about the QB making the line call, Morse being out isn’t that big of a deal from that standpoint. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

 

Agreed.  Give him as much time to heal as possible.

 

Thats exactly what their doing. My guess is that he actually has cleared it but they are just saying he’s still in it to avoid the media and questions why he’s not practicing if he’s cleared protocol. 

 

He’ll miraculously clear protocol my guess the week of the 3rd preseason game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...