Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What?  None?

Particularly with a new acquisition on the OL.

The OL success is very much about cohesion and communication and that is best built thru live football.

No way McProcess sees this absence as a positive.     *At best* it's an unfortunate but necessitated inconvenience.

Having important players not playing meaningless games? Yeah.. okay. 

Cohesion is important and that’s why he’ll practice and play later. Just no point in exposing him to any unnecessary risk.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I mean, it’s possible he really is struggling to recover, but how many coaches wouldn’t love to have one of their star players sitting during pre-season? I have a feeling he’ll play in the third game, start practicing before it, and then play the opener without a problem.

They could sit any of them they want at any time they want. You don’t need an elaborate exaggerated concussion protocol to do so

39 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Is a man shocker "3 in the stink"?   I was going to ask K-9 the other day when he was sharing his story about being shocked.

I take back any nearly nice things I’ve said about you 

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Having important players not playing meaningless games? Yeah.. okay. 

Cohesion is important and that’s why he’ll practice and play later. Just no point in exposing him to any unnecessary risk.

You really need to change your avatar to the "ancient aliens" dude.............you can build a totally implausible narrative with almost no material with the best of em'.     I ain't mad, it's entertaining at least.:lol:

35 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

They could sit any of them they want at any time they want. You don’t need an elaborate exaggerated concussion protocol to do so

That’s exactly it - these twisted narratives about “well, they are just keeping him in the protocol all preseason just so he doesn’t play” are a bit far fetched. They could have easily just said, before the first preseason game, “he’s fine, we ain’t playin him.” 

Exactly like what they did with McCoy.

Edited by JoPar_v2

1 hour ago, skibum said:

Just a quick reminder that none of us know anything about this situation. That is all.

What we do know is that this is his fourth concussion and he missed 5 games in 2018 because of one. At some point very soon the question will be quality of life after football. 

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I mean, it’s possible he really is struggling to recover, but how many coaches wouldn’t love to have one of their star players sitting during pre-season? I have a feeling he’ll play in the third game, start practicing before it, and then play the opener without a problem.

i want to say this is the plan, but I’m having a hard time remembering this was true for any player 

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I’m not 100% on how it works, but I doubt anyone on the coaching staff can intentionally keep a player In CP.

5 hours ago, Augie said:

If it were that easy, everyone would be wearing them already. This sucks. I’m praying he can be all we had hoped for, but I’ll put the man ahead of the player. It was a gamble. We knew that. 

I think he'll have whatever experimental state of the art contraption exists. 

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Star players sit out preseason games all the time. No need to make up excuses. McCoy didn't play. 

18 hours ago, Gugny said:

Definitely.  And I do NOT fault Beane for bringing him in.  Everyone has an injury history of some sort.  It's a crap shoot.  I'm sure if Luke Keuchly was available, multiple teams would show interest.

Who was the other center that everyone assumed we were going after? From Denver iirc. Maybe that should have been the choice.

• Haha (+1) 1

Morse and Kroft, signings that should have come under immediate scrutiny due to lofty contracts and injury concerns and in Krofts case production concerns, do not look good right now. This front office wants to take gambles and a part of me respects that but the concussion concerns should no longer be overlooked. Careers will now end prematurely because of it and for good reason. 

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Morse and Kroft, signings that should have come under immediate scrutiny due to lofty contracts and injury concerns and in Krofts case production concerns, do not look good right now. This front office wants to take gambles and a part of me respects that but the concussion concerns should no longer be overlooked. Careers will now end prematurely because of it and for good reason. 

every player is one play away from a career ending injury. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1