Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
*******

Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

 

Not really.

 

There's zero expectation that he'll play on Thursday, so they're getting Bodine the reps with Allen since he'll very likely be the starting center.

 

The amount of Bodine snaps to Allen in his career versus Morse snaps to Allen is like 1,000 times more.  Does Morse not plan on snapping to Allen at all this year?

 

If you remember when Morse was practicing, there were snap issues between the two.

 

If Morse can snap, I want it going to the starting QB.  It is unsure how many times Morse will be able to do this before the regular season.  Anytime you can get some snaps in, it should be Morse to Allen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

hey - better than “bro”

I hate 'guy ' but then again the dude who always said it was pretty obnoxious in and of himself so that may have played a part as he was a pretty jerkey bro(ther).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

 

The amount of Bodine snaps to Allen in his career versus Morse snaps to Allen is like 1,000 times more.  Does Morse not plan on snapping to Allen at all this year?

 

If you remember when Morse was practicing, there were snap issues between the two.

 

If Morse can snap, I want it going to the starting QB.  It is unsure how many times Morse will be able to do this before the regular season.  Anytime you can get some snaps in, it should be Morse to Allen.

 

That's generally not how practice reps go.

 

In the final practice before a game, the guy that's starting is going to take the starter's reps.

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thebandit27 said:

 

That's generally not how practice reps go.

 

In the final practice before a game, the guy that's starting is going to take the starter's reps.

 

 

You are really calling this a game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

 

You are really calling this a game?

I mean it is called a pre season game after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

 

You are really calling this a game?

 

You're really going to argue this point?

 

As far as the coaching staff is concerned, yes, they are preparing as though it's a game.  Hence why they run a practice the way that they do.

 

Today is the final practice before their first game of the preseason; the guys that will be starting are taking the starter's reps.

 

Get upset about it if you want to, but that's the case here.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Refs? Check.  Opposing Team? Check.  No Red Jerseys? Check.  Paid Admission? Check.  Keeping Score? Check.

 

i'm thinking its a game.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

 

You're really going to argue this point?

 

As far as the coaching staff is concerned, yes, they are preparing as though it's a game.  Hence why they run a practice the way that they do.

 

Today is the final practice before their first game of the preseason; the guys that will be starting are taking the starter's reps.

 

Get upset about it if you want to, but that's the case here.

 

Then why was Barkley taking snaps from Morse?  Shouldn't he be taking snaps from the backup center?

 

You're just making stuff up to make your point.  It is still training camp, and no they are not treating this like a Friday practice in regular season.

  • Meh 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ittakestime said:

 

Then why was Barkley taking snaps from Morse?  Shouldn't he be taking snaps from the backup center?

 

You're just making stuff up to make your point.  It is still training camp, and no they are not treating this like a Friday practice in regular season.

 

Ironic statement.

 

 

I can't believe that this part needs to be explained, but here we go:

 

When you work an injured player back into practice, especially when he hasn't been cleared for full activities, then you get him snaps with the backups.

 

I honestly have no idea what you're even arguing at this point.

McDermott himself, by the way, said (in his interview today) that the goal with injured players is to try to get them some reps in any format that they can, starting with a walk-through.

 

That would certainly describe what's happening with Morse.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

 

Ironic statement.

 

 

I can't believe that this part needs to be explained, but here we go:

 

When you work an injured player back into practice, especially when he hasn't been cleared for full activities, then you get him snaps with the backups.

 

I honestly have no idea what you're even arguing at this point.

McDermott himself, by the way, said (in his interview today) that the goal with injured players is to try to get them some reps in any format that they can, starting with a walk-through.

 

That would certainly describe what's happening with Morse.

 

So what you're saying is, when working a player back from injury, it takes time???

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

 

Ironic statement.

 

 

I can't believe that this part needs to be explained, but here we go:

 

When you work an injured player back into practice, especially when he hasn't been cleared for full activities, then you get him snaps with the backups.

 

I honestly have no idea what you're even arguing at this point.

McDermott himself, by the way, said (in his interview today) that the goal with injured players is to try to get them some reps in any format that they can, starting with a walk-through.

 

That would certainly describe what's happening with Morse.

Agree on reps for injured players.  Hyde was on the field today in a red jersey for some drills.  We was walking thru with no contact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

 

Interesting that he is hiking the ball to Barkley.

 

Where are you possibly going with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

 

Where are you possibly going with this?

 

Once Morse is healthy, we're going to cut Josh - Obviously.

 

#OfficialyConcerned (tm)

 

:beer:

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not going to lie, this situation with Morse is extremely concerning for a multitude of reasons.

 

Forget about the ridiculous contract we handed him in making him the centerpiece of a very aggressive offseason, but if we are back to square one with a guy like Bodine or Spencer Long starting at Center for most or all of the 2019 campaign I wouldn't be surprised if JA struggles or gets hurt again.

 

Either way it's not looking promising for a guy that has had way too many concussions the last few years and couldn't even make it through the first padded camp practice this year.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

 

Interesting that he is hiking the ball to Barkley.

 

Josh is still working on his touch is all aspects of the game.  Even his snap it now ass slap has too much power for a guy in the protocol. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta have one for Morse  !

 

 

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+Mark+Kelso's+Helmet&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=dTLh99eH78ytjM%3A%2Cm9MuVSK79gZgOM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRQz8HUlrc19LQLEO3DYQ2FKOPpJQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiIy8nZ6fPjAhVJRK0KHQQ_D-IQ9QEwA3oECAkQDw#imgrc=3nehOEg-jta4pM:&vet=1

 

 

Why don't more players use these things it definitely made Kelso's career last a lot longer that it would have if he wouldn't have you would think the NFL might make it mandatory after the 3rd concussion or if someone has a history of being concussed especially if they were truly worried about the players health as they say they are !! 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 11:35 PM, High Football IQ said:

Not going to lie, this situation with Morse is extremely concerning for a multitude of reasons.

 

Forget about the ridiculous contract we handed him in making him the centerpiece of a very aggressive offseason, but if we are back to square one with a guy like Bodine or Spencer Long starting at Center for most or all of the 2019 campaign I wouldn't be surprised if JA struggles or gets hurt again.

 

Either way it's not looking promising for a guy that has had way too many concussions the last few years and couldn't even make it through the first padded camp practice this year.

missed this guy!

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, teef said:

missed this guy!

 

 

Has no on brought up the fact that teef has been in concussion protocol since the 1993 AFC Championship game and he is none the worse for wear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

 

 

Has no on brought up the fact that teef has been in concussion protocol since the 1993 AFC Championship game and he is none the worse for wear?

my cte causes me to say wildly inappropriate things to women.  it's a curse.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...