Sign in to follow this  

Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Not really.

There's zero expectation that he'll play on Thursday, so they're getting Bodine the reps with Allen since he'll very likely be the starting center.

The amount of Bodine snaps to Allen in his career versus Morse snaps to Allen is like 1,000 times more.  Does Morse not plan on snapping to Allen at all this year?

If you remember when Morse was practicing, there were snap issues between the two.

If Morse can snap, I want it going to the starting QB.  It is unsure how many times Morse will be able to do this before the regular season.  Anytime you can get some snaps in, it should be Morse to Allen.

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

hey - better than “bro”

I hate 'guy ' but then again the dude who always said it was pretty obnoxious in and of himself so that may have played a part as he was a pretty jerkey bro(ther).

3 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

The amount of Bodine snaps to Allen in his career versus Morse snaps to Allen is like 1,000 times more.  Does Morse not plan on snapping to Allen at all this year?

If you remember when Morse was practicing, there were snap issues between the two.

If Morse can snap, I want it going to the starting QB.  It is unsure how many times Morse will be able to do this before the regular season.  Anytime you can get some snaps in, it should be Morse to Allen.

That's generally not how practice reps go.

In the final practice before a game, the guy that's starting is going to take the starter's reps.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

That's generally not how practice reps go.

In the final practice before a game, the guy that's starting is going to take the starter's reps.

You are really calling this a game?

I mean it is called a pre season game after all.

You're really going to argue this point?

As far as the coaching staff is concerned, yes, they are preparing as though it's a game.  Hence why they run a practice the way that they do.

Today is the final practice before their first game of the preseason; the guys that will be starting are taking the starter's reps.

Get upset about it if you want to, but that's the case here.

• Like (+1) 4

Refs? Check.  Opposing Team? Check.  No Red Jerseys? Check.  Paid Admission? Check.  Keeping Score? Check.

i'm thinking its a game.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You're really going to argue this point?

As far as the coaching staff is concerned, yes, they are preparing as though it's a game.  Hence why they run a practice the way that they do.

Today is the final practice before their first game of the preseason; the guys that will be starting are taking the starter's reps.

Get upset about it if you want to, but that's the case here.

Then why was Barkley taking snaps from Morse?  Shouldn't he be taking snaps from the backup center?

You're just making stuff up to make your point.  It is still training camp, and no they are not treating this like a Friday practice in regular season.

• Meh 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Ittakestime said:

Then why was Barkley taking snaps from Morse?  Shouldn't he be taking snaps from the backup center?

You're just making stuff up to make your point.  It is still training camp, and no they are not treating this like a Friday practice in regular season.

Ironic statement.

I can't believe that this part needs to be explained, but here we go:

When you work an injured player back into practice, especially when he hasn't been cleared for full activities, then you get him snaps with the backups.

I honestly have no idea what you're even arguing at this point.

McDermott himself, by the way, said (in his interview today) that the goal with injured players is to try to get them some reps in any format that they can, starting with a walk-through.

That would certainly describe what's happening with Morse.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Ironic statement.

When you work an injured player back into practice, especially when he hasn't been cleared for full activities, then you get him snaps with the backups.

McDermott himself, by the way, said (in his interview today) that the goal with injured players is to try to get them some reps in any format that they can, starting with a walk-through.

So what you're saying is, when working a player back from injury, it takes time???

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Ironic statement.

Agree on reps for injured players.  Hyde was on the field today in a red jersey for some drills.  We was walking thru with no contact.

3 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Interesting that he is hiking the ball to Barkley.

Where are you possibly going with this?

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Where are you possibly going with this?

Once Morse is healthy, we're going to cut Josh - Obviously.

#OfficialyConcerned (tm)

:beer:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Not going to lie, this situation with Morse is extremely concerning for a multitude of reasons.

Forget about the ridiculous contract we handed him in making him the centerpiece of a very aggressive offseason, but if we are back to square one with a guy like Bodine or Spencer Long starting at Center for most or all of the 2019 campaign I wouldn't be surprised if JA struggles or gets hurt again.

Either way it's not looking promising for a guy that has had way too many concussions the last few years and couldn't even make it through the first padded camp practice this year.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Interesting that he is hiking the ball to Barkley.

Josh is still working on his touch is all aspects of the game.  Even his snap it now ass slap has too much power for a guy in the protocol. 

• Like (+1) 2

Gotta have one for Morse  !

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+Mark+Kelso's+Helmet&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=dTLh99eH78ytjM%3A%2Cm9MuVSK79gZgOM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRQz8HUlrc19LQLEO3DYQ2FKOPpJQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiIy8nZ6fPjAhVJRK0KHQQ_D-IQ9QEwA3oECAkQDw#imgrc=3nehOEg-jta4pM:&vet=1

Why don't more players use these things it definitely made Kelso's career last a lot longer that it would have if he wouldn't have you would think the NFL might make it mandatory after the 3rd concussion or if someone has a history of being concussed especially if they were truly worried about the players health as they say they are !! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/6/2019 at 11:35 PM, High Football IQ said:

Not going to lie, this situation with Morse is extremely concerning for a multitude of reasons.

Forget about the ridiculous contract we handed him in making him the centerpiece of a very aggressive offseason, but if we are back to square one with a guy like Bodine or Spencer Long starting at Center for most or all of the 2019 campaign I wouldn't be surprised if JA struggles or gets hurt again.

Either way it's not looking promising for a guy that has had way too many concussions the last few years and couldn't even make it through the first padded camp practice this year.

missed this guy!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, teef said:

missed this guy!

Has no on brought up the fact that teef has been in concussion protocol since the 1993 AFC Championship game and he is none the worse for wear?

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

Has no on brought up the fact that teef has been in concussion protocol since the 1993 AFC Championship game and he is none the worse for wear?

my cte causes me to say wildly inappropriate things to women.  it's a curse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2