Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Seems often when someone has a concussion, they are supposed to stay in a darkened room, try to minimize movement, etc.  Morse was reported on the sideline the last two practices at camp.

Makes me think this is a training camp level concussion. Not saying it's fake at all, but more like Morse told them I bumped my head a little.  Great just to be extra safe, we'll put you in protocol.  If this were regular season, he'd be playing.

He’s apparently far along in the protocol according to the twitter docs. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s apparently far along in the protocol according to the twitter docs. 

Thought I read he was on the sidelines already on Tuesday?  That's only three days after.  Seems if this was serious, they'd have him home in bed even if on the road to recovery. Just thinking it was very minor one.  Still a concern, but he's not dead yet as some think.

This was my greatest fear of the offseason. That didn’t take long, but life is full of gambles. You hope to win more than you lose. I’ll hope he bounces back, and we all stay lucky! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think the spleen is scheduled for removal next week. 

18 pages and we finally got our first spleen reference. You all are slipping, do we need our own version of posting TC to get ready for the season? Smh

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

18 pages and we finally got our first spleen reference. You all are slipping, do we need our own version of posting TC to get ready for the season? Smh

So many people are just.....WTF???

?

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought we had one like 8 pages ago

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

It might’ve been you that made that original.

Would this be the wrong thread to make to make a traumatic brain injury joke?

Ummm, I’m guessing yes. But you be you! 

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

If this was really serious, we’d be hearing A LOT more about Morse.

Which makes these kinds of threads somewhat ridiculous.  All kinds of comment here in absence of a statement from the team specifying what the future is for Morse.  

11 hours ago, Augie said:

Ummm, I’m guessing yes. But you be you! 

...really a head scratcher as to how he could end up in concussion protocol early on.....aren't there specific CBA limitations about contact...OR....did somebody leave out the effin' "Kolb Mat" again??........

36 minutes ago, njbuff said:

If this was really serious, we’d be hearing A LOT more about Morse.

So if the guy the Bills just made the highest paid player at his position who had a concussion history might have gotten another one in the first week of camp, you don’t think the Bills would do everything in their power to keep it quiet.

hopefully, this is nothing.  But with head injuries and this guy’s history and what we know about them now, to not be concerned is basically putting your head in the sand.  Sadly if you were a bettor, the safest bet is Morse will get another one.  It sucks but that’s how they work.  Hoping for the best though. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

So if the guy the Bills just made the highest paid player at his position who had a concussion history might have gotten another one in the first week of camp, you don’t think the Bills would do everything in their power to keep it quiet.

hopefully, this is nothing.  But with head injuries and this guy’s history and what we know about them now, to not be concerned is basically putting your head in the sand.  Sadly if you were a bettor, the safest bet is Morse will get another one.  It sucks but that’s how they work.  Hoping for the best though. 

...just seems a bit too early to have his concussion past surface now in vanilla drills/practices.........

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...just seems a bit too early to have his concussion past surface now in vanilla drills/practices.........

You might be right AFL but that’s what’s scary about people who suffer multiple concussions.  They could sleep wrong and it could lead to one, much less play a sport where every play is described as a car crash. 

I would be really interested to know how much this played into KC not re-signing him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Right. I’m not sure if it has been covered here but the scary part for me is that the more he gets the more cautious he is going to become. Or maybe he has already become overly caution about any hits to the head. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You might be right AFL but that’s what’s scary about people who suffer multiple concussions.  They could sleep wrong and it could lead to one, much less play a sport where every play is described as a car crash. 

I would be really interested to know how much this played into KC not re-signing him. 

...great question.....hope we do not learn the HARD way......I'm a KNOWN TBD "head case" and not a brain doc, but hope the OBD Med Staff did their due diligence..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...great question.....hope we do not learn the HARD way............

Kc had a guy step in for Morse last year that played very well and they’re good with him. 

With his history working out so quick is a very good sign as that can often cause problems. Or our staff screwed up 

• Like (+1) 1