Sign in to follow this  
FluffHead

Bills have interest in Seattle DE Frank Clark

28 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Interest is a one way street until proven otherwise.  Agents are just using us.

That's speculation. Let's see how the FA season goes outside of the attempted trade for the player we already knew was kind of a diva (that being said, i was ecstatic when i thought we were going to get him). 

9 minutes ago, wppete said:

It’s going to be an INSANE Free Agency and Draft!!!!!

lets go Bills

Until another team signs a player we all cover then the tears and hate for Beane threads will follow. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Clark is a ***** animal, if they get him we shore up that pass rush and hopefully get a rotational pass rusher at 9 like Ferrell or Sweat. 

A high pick plus a big contract for clark and a first rounder for a pass rusher? That's a bit much. I would rather give a pick for clark and then take a penetrating DT later in the draft. That would go a long way to building out our DL. 

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Until another team signs a player we all cover then the tears and hate for Beane threads will follow. 

Nailed it

tenor.gif

A 2nd and a 4th.  Could be enough.

• Skeptical 1

My guess is they would send a 2nd or next year's 1st.

Im wondering if Jerry Hughes gets moved out. Possibly for a WR. 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

A high pick plus a big contract for clark and a first rounder for a pass rusher? That's a bit much. I would rather give a pick for clark and then take a penetrating DT later in the draft. That would go a long way to building out our DL. 

Not sure where you heard that would be the compensation for Clark, I'm sure it will be a draft pick and then yes signing the man.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Not sure where you heard that would be the compensation for Clark, I'm sure it will be a draft pick and then yes signing the man.

High for me is top 3 rounds... I don't see them moving him for less unless they really don't believe they can get him on a long term deal.

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Do you really give up high picks for defensive players?

How often does that happen.

giphy.gif

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

I like him more than Clowney. Kid can play and fits our scheme like a glove. Him and Hughes is a fierce pass rush with Lorax , Murphy and Shaq 👍

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

I like him more than Clowney. Kid can play and fits our scheme like a glove. Him and Hughes is a fierce pass rush with Lorax , Murphy and Shaq 👍

The question is....what would you give for him?

39 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Clark is a ***** animal, if they get him we shore up that pass rush and hopefully get a rotational pass rusher at 9 like Ferrell or Sweat. 

That would be a line to be absolutely thrilled about for at least the next 5 years - but I'm not sure we get Clark without potentially also giving up our 9th

Just now, aristocrat said:

Swap firsts. Done

If the Hawks really did want to move him (believing they can't get a deal done) that wouldn't be a horrible trade for them. Probably have to sweeten it with a third next year though. 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Do you really give up high picks for defensive players?

How often does that happen.

Maybe you've heard of a guy by the name of Kalil Mack.

Eh, never mind . Someone beat me to it.

Edited by billsbackto81

6 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

That would be a line to be absolutely thrilled about for at least the next 5 years - but I'm not sure we get Clark without potentially also giving up our 9th

Not a chance it would cost 9th overall, a swap of 1sts yes but not the 9th overall imo.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Not a chance it would cost 9th overall, a swap of 1sts yes but not the 9th overall imo.

Well a swap is what I would imagine - but that would put us at 21 if it's a true 2019 swap. Not a bad place to be all said and done considering I'm more inclined to favor a trade down scenario from 9, but if you're looking for DL at 21 not sure Ferrell or Sweat are there, more likely Sweat if at all.

Posted (edited)

Only for the right price, but he'd be a definite upgrade over Murphy and Shaq. I was hoping he'd shake loose last year. Why not offer them Trent Murphy and a 3rd? That probably wouldn't do it, but that's as far as I'd go.

Edited by GreggTX

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Well, Beane showed he’s willing to trade down from 9.  So maybe swap 1sts and Hughes or Lawson?  

Absolutely not on trading Hughes. That would completely defeat the purpose. Pairing both of them together would be a lethal pass rush combo 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The question is....what would you give for him?

I'd give a 2nd this year and a 4th next year. Put him across from Jerry and he goes 13+ on sacks....

Edited by LABILLBACKER

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

Isn’t 2 firsts?

If you sign him, yes. If they trade him, it can be whatever the teams agree to. But to trade him, he has to sign the franchise tag.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I do expect the bills to make a big splash trade in the next couple days... It feels that way.

I feel it coming too. I think right or wrong, beane will try to make up for it