Bills have interest in Seattle DE Frank Clark

13 hours ago, Logic said:

My question for Bills fans: If the price tag for Frank Clark is the 9th overall pick, do you do the deal?

What if the Bills have already signed an OT, C, and WR in free agency?

Bear in mind that Frank Clark is only 25, and consider what the Bears paid for Khalil Mack just last season. It's not unreasonable to think that a 1st would be the asking price.

So what would be your answer?

Personally, I'd have to give it serious consideration. If you take a defensive lineman at 9, which is a very real possibility, you're rolling the dice and HOPING he becomes a good NFL player. With Clark, you already KNOW you're getting very good to elite sack production, and he's still only 25 years old.

Id go 9 for Clark and 21.

19 hours ago, whatdrought said:

If the Hawks really did want to move him (believing they can't get a deal done) that wouldn't be a horrible trade for them. Probably have to sweeten it with a third next year though. 

It would cost more than a first to move from 21 to top 10.

5 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Id go 9 for Clark and 21.

It would cost more than a first to move from 21 to top 10.

Good point. It's always a pain in the butt to try and see how player + picks trades really value out. 

I think they would believe him to be worth 9 overall, so they wouldn't want to give us back their 21. But 9+ 3 or 4 might get back clark and 21

I highly doubt Pegs or McBeane would even make a play for a convicted home invasion felon, and a convicted female assaulter. Let alone give up a top ten pick and then some, AND give him big money. This ain't gonna happen. Zero chance

57 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

My understanding is that Jay is the first to break this and he didn't say anything about signing.. Either Vic got his wires crossed or he's just in a hurry to look like he knows something.. 

Yeah I think Glazier is usually one of the most plugged in guys. 

He's a FELON!  ANY team that signs him should be worried about him not being available for Mexico City games, or Wembley Stadium games. He can't travel in those countries as of next year. Sorry, but the best ability is availability. If the NFL is looking to expand their brand internationally, as they are, He makes no sense to sign. Unless he gets a pro-rated contract. I mean, a one time woman beater is bad enough. Mistake. Learn. Move on in life. But a home invasion? No way does that say mistake. That happened prior to his assault on a female charge. I'm surprised he was drafted, let alone that high.

P.S....I'm no choir boy

20 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

I would love this move! This guy is in the prime of his career and can get after it from the edge. Clark Opposite Hughes looks damn nice on paper. Sidenote- someone will have to change their number- im thinkin’ senority would trump.

Take it to PPP buddy!

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If he doesn't sign his tag and actually holds out til the end like Bell, they won't have him for 16 games.

If the Bills can do this deal for a swap, I'm all in. The D would go from rock solid to downright imposing with one move.

18 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

He's a FELON!  ANY team that signs him should be worried about him not being available for Mexico City games, or Wembley Stadium games. He can't travel in those countries as of next year. Sorry, but the best ability is availability. If the NFL is looking to expand their brand internationally, as they are, He makes no sense to sign. Unless he gets a pro-rated contract. I mean, a one time woman beater is bad enough. Mistake. Learn. Move on in life. But a home invasion? No way does that say mistake. That happened prior to his assault on a female charge. I'm surprised he was drafted, let alone that high.

P.S....I'm no choir boy

When Dan Morgan played at the U the story was that his family was a bunch of street hoodlums and he was on his way to becoming a chip off the old block.......but turned out he was good at football.

I'm not sure about his acumen as a talent evaluator but the idea of him having a fondness for a roughneck like Clark is not something that would surprise me.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

When Dan Morgan played at the U the story was that his family was a bunch of street hoodlums and he was on his way to becoming a chip off the old block.......but turned out he was good at football.

I'm not sure about his acumen as a talent evaluator but the idea of him having a fondness for a roughneck like Clark is not something that would surprise me.

yeah, I can understand that. But I think there is Zero chance Pegs sign off on that much baggage. He is a repeat offender

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/19157491

funny how buzzwords like culture and character go out the window when your job is on the line. 

Like "No Fat guys" Greggo relenting to signing Slovenly Sam Adams and having Dick LeBeau run his defense.

Or Jauron trying to run a no-huddle offense and signing off on TO in his last gasp.

We've seen enough "high ideals" guys in the last 20 years to know how this ends............you gotta' be flexible to survive as a HC in the league.

Even Belichick adapts he just has the ability to self-evaluate and make changes without taking L's in the process.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Like "No Fat guys" Greggo relenting to signing Slovenly Sam Adams and having Dick LeBeau run his defense.

Or Jauron trying to run a no-huddle offense and signing off on TO in his last gasp.

We've seen enough "high ideals" guys in the last 20 years to know how this ends............you gotta' be flexible to survive as a HC in the league.

Even Belichick adapts he just has the ability to self-evaluate and make changes without taking L's in the process.

They brought in Cognito. and were able to manage him for awhile. before he fell back into his pit of despair. Bills should take a look at him. and do their due diligence on his personal life today. we have to trust FO at some point.
I mean Bills still have Shady who has had character concerns.

3 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

yeah, I can understand that. But I think there is Zero chance Pegs sign off on that much baggage. He is a repeat offender

Short of currently radioactive happenings like pending charges etc. The Pegs will do whatever the people they hired want to do.  

At this point in their pro sports ownership they do two things........hire/empower and fire.

32 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Short of currently radioactive happenings like pending charges etc. The Pegs will do whatever the people they hired want to do.  

At this point in their pro sports ownership they do two things........hire/empower and fire.

They don't even do that right. Next time I hope they refrain from handpicking the coach.

• Like (+1) 1