Robert Kraft charged in prostitution ring bust ( Update: Kraft legal team accused of lying in court)

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That's what I'm saying. 

If the owners are smart they want him gone to avoid the scenario I outlined. (unless he has a bunch of dirt on them which wouldn't surprise me at all) 

No I'm not... You didn't read what I said. 

I'm asking the question of "do the other owners think that going easy on this leads to an open season on NFL owners." I am also sure they have a ton of skelatons which is the exact reason they don't want to come across weak on this because they don't want people looking. 

Correct.  But I don't think the public is outraged.  Right or wrong, if Kraft is proven to have no knowledge of a sex trafficking ring, this will be forgiven and forgotten.  90% of Boston is probably willing to provide an alibi contradicting his whereabouts the day of the sting.  

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Money may buy discretion for a while, but it's never guaranteed forever. How many other rich and famous people have had things leak or come out against them involving hookers or incidents with say, adult film stars?

That doesn't change the fact that he went to a place with no discretion...

1 minute ago, stony said:

Correct.  But I don't think the public is outraged.  Right or wrong, if Kraft is proven to have no knowledge of a sex trafficking ring, this will be forgiven and forgotten.  90% of Boston is probably willing to provide an alibi contradicting his whereabouts the day of the sting.  

And the rest of the country hates the Patriots. I really don't know which way it will go, but I'd be surprised if it just went away. Robert Kraft will be done (my complete opinion) but it'll be interesting to see if the Kraft name is done as well or if his son can take over. 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

That doesn't change the fact that he went to a place with no discretion...

And the rest of the country hates the Patriots. I really don't know which way it will go, but I'd be surprised if it just went away. Robert Kraft will be done (my complete opinion) but it'll be interesting to see if the Kraft name is done as well or if his son can take over. 

He’s 77... so I think his son will take over and he will fade into Bolivia (*Mike Tyson voice*)

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I know that this is not a political board so it will keep it very brief.  Kraft being a one time donor to Trump means the media will bite into this like a tick bites into a dog or cat. 

Kraft is way down the celeb headline stuff on MSM behind R Kelly and Smollett, so this isn't the case at this point.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This guy is a complete clown but is pretty funny if you have an irreverent sense of humor (like me) haha

‘Evabody funny.  Now you funny too’.

(I know it’s ‘everybody’.  George says it ? way.)

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

9 minutes ago, stony said:

I don’t think public outrage is the biggest problem; it’s the public humiliation ... he’s now a laughing stock and probably always will be, no matter how this plays out in court.

13 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Kraft is way down the celeb headline stuff on MSM behind R Kelly and Smollett, so this isn't the case at this point.

There is a Kraft thread over on PPP if you want to look at any political angle.  That aside the news is a little over 24 hours old so not enough time for the media to organize a plan unlike Smollett whose problem is over a week old now.

22 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Money may buy discretion for a while, but it's never guaranteed forever. How many other rich and famous people have had things leak or come out against them involving hookers or incidents with say, adult film stars?

When you play with fire you get burned.  Most billionaires don't play with loose cannon sex partners.  It's understood the hooker is paid well and also to keep her mouth shut.  That aside most hookers know that rich guys did not get to where they are by playing by the rules.  Most hookers don't want to wind up dead because of a failed power play.

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s the question I have. Why did he go there? Not just once,  but again - after seeing/experiencing what it reportedly was? To say he just wanted to get a quickie doesn’t make sense to me considering he could do that in complete private anytime with a high end hooker. I just can’t fathom why he would go there. 

People in that strata only go to places like that when its been vouched for by other high profile friends. 

Which is going to be the biggest question / revelation about this whole ordeal. Who financed it. Who owns it. Why/How do they cater to such an elite class? 

Human trafficking is a scourge in this country, one which many many in the "elite" circles profit from or exploit. I've spent the past few years working with victims - it changes you once you understand the omnipresence of the issue - and who, largely, is behind keeping it running and profitable. 

The people we are told to trust the most are the ones with the most skeletons in their closets. Sometimes that's just a metaphor, in cases like this it's literal. The darkness is real. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t think public outrage is the biggest problem; it’s the public humiliation ... he’s now a laughing stock and probably always will be, no matter how this plays out in court.

This guy makes Eliot Spitzer look like a class act.

17 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

There is a Kraft thread over on PPP if you want to look at any political angle.  That aside the news is a little over 24 hours old so not enough time for the media to organize a plan unlike Smollett whose problem is over a week old now.

The MSM has no qualms about "jumping the gun." Kraft would have been big time news if anyone cared IMO.

Edited by BillsSB2020

55 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

The following is totally just me spitballing, but the large contribution to that human trafficking charity really makes me wonder. My mind has led me to three conclusions. 

1. Like most other uberwealthy people, he has other people making the decisions about where his charitable contributions go. This is probably the simplest, most likely explaination, especially if you want to believe that he had no idea about the potential status of the women servicing him.

2. He got pinched once before, but whoever caught him swept it under the rug, and made him do something for victims of the crime he was committing.  

3. He felt guilty about his hobby and thought that maybe throwing money at that cause would help balance out his bad karma.

The last two make the most sense if he knew what was happening (or at least what commonly is happening) at a place like that.

A lot of "human trafficking" charities are not actually interested in stopping trafficking. Look at the McCain institute and its supporters as an example. Or the Clinton Foundation. 

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

How did he not know this place was involved with sex trafficking (as reported) IF (as you guessed) he knew the owner? 

He knew. 

Thats why he went. 

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

THIS. He can have them come to him with ultimate discretion through payment and non disclosures. It makes no sense for him (or anyone with his notoriety or money) to visit a place like this. What am I missing 

Respectfully what I suggest you're missing is that this is common place within certain circles. Encouraged even. 

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

This guy makes Eliot Spitzer look like a class act.

In Kraft’s case, the humiliation factor is magnified by the fact that everyone outside of New England despises the Patriots to begin with...

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I was totally expecting some quality satire, but that was either really poorly executed satire or he was serious.  I honestly could not tell which.

Yeah, aside from PMT, I think the satire at Barstool falls short of the mark.  

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

MSM is ALL propaganda. They ALL receive their 4am news drop for their talking points from the CIA. Ask your self why do all news media ALWAYS follow the EXACT same talking points. Do you ever hear about the French protests? Wonder why ten of thousands are protesting their liberal government EVERY Saturday. Do you hear that Trump has been cleared of Collusion, that stock market is up, unemployment is dropping? NOPE.. 

MSM......Methylsulfonylmethane is an organosulfur compound with the formula (CH₃)₂SO₂. It is also known by several other names including methyl sulfone and dimethyl sulfone. This colorless solid features the sulfonyl functional group and is considered relatively inert chemically

3 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

MSM is not news but liberal propaganda. FAKE NEWS. Carlson is one of the few that speak the truth.

Dont drive too far.  You could fall off the earth. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Now THIS is entertainment!

giphy.gif

And you don't get chauffeured in your limo, drive past a place like this, and just jump out and get busy: you pick a place where the girls/women are disease-free and that what happens there stays there.  Which means asking a lot of questions and getting assurances.  This plus the fact that he donated to anti-sex-trafficking charities (probably as a cover) makes the "I didn't know" defense worthless.

• Like (+1) 1

These guys are billionaires. Of course they can pay for discretion etc etc for these kinds of services. Being that rich though must bring some cockiness and feeling untouchable in some areas. I have to agree if this is some sort of trafficking type deal it’s a feature not an accident. That being said there’s enough power and money behind this to make it all go away and disappear. I would be shocked if much more came of this. I expect there’s teams upon teams of powerful people working on covering this up and changing the storylines to spin it. In no way would I ever believe in this day and age money and power especially in this country solves this issue for the accused. 

16 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Wow. Lots of super rich, prominent people attending this seedy place. Nothing to see here, of course. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

These guys are billionaires. Of course they can pay for discretion etc etc for these kinds of services. Being that rich though must bring some cockiness and feeling untouchable in some areas. I have to agree if this is some sort of trafficking type deal it’s a feature not an accident. That being said there’s enough power and money behind this to make it all go away and disappear. 

Too late.  No matter what happens in court, Kraft’s life will never be the same...he will forever be a punchline—the pathetic rich old man who had to go to a scuzzy massage parlor to get laid.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wow. Lots of super rich, prominent people attending this seedy place. Nothing to see here, of course. 

That’s no accident...this place was run by friends of friends...

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

THIS. He can have them come to him with ultimate discretion through payment and non disclosures. It makes no sense for him (or anyone with his notoriety or money) to visit a place like this. What am I missing 

...and while we’re at it, what the heck were Thurston Howell III and his wife doing on a three hour tour with Gilligan and the Captain???

We need answers!!!

This makes just as much sense, as in...........none. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Augie said:

...and while we’re at it, what the heck were Thurston Howell III and his wife doing on a three hour tour with Gilligan and the Captain???

We need answers!!!

This makes just as much sense, as in...........none. 

But at least they had all of their wardrobe and suitcases full of cash. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Right.  There has to be more.  Wall Steet billionaire fund managers and Citigroup presidents can find a rub 'n tug in NYC I'm sure.  What's so special about a seedy little spa in a strip mall in Jupiter, FL?  I'm sure more will come out in the next couple of weeks.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

These guys are billionaires. Of course they can pay for discretion etc etc for these kinds of services. Being that rich though must bring some cockiness and feeling untouchable in some areas. I have to agree if this is some sort of trafficking type deal it’s a feature not an accident. That being said there’s enough power and money behind this to make it all go away and disappear. I would be shocked if much more came of this. I expect there’s teams upon teams of powerful people working on covering this up and changing the storylines to spin it. In no way would I ever believe in this day and age money and power especially in this country solves this issue for the accused. 

Nope.  The cat's out of the bag.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Right.  There has to be more.  Wall Steet billionaire fund managers and Citigroup presidents can find a rub 'n tug in NYC I'm sure.  What's so special about a seedy little spa in a strip mall in Jupiter, FL?  I'm sure more will come out in the next couple of weeks.

Money laundering?

1 minute ago, chaccof said:

Maybe that's why the Bills lost the Super Bowls - Ralph wasn't dipping his pen in the wrong ink wells.....just saying.....

Yeah, and Ralph was cheap.  These Orchids were right up his alley!

2 hours ago, sodbuster said:

Read the room. Everybody is worried about this being moved to PPP, and here you come with comments that not only will get this moved, but are totally useless to the discussion.

"Worried about this being moved to PPP"." Seriously? What a HUGE worry to have.

Your opinion of my comments is noted and disregarded.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

Nope.  The cat's out of the bag.

Money laundering?

Absolutely.  It's already gone too far and Kraft was a one time Trump donor so the media is not going to let this fade away.  Dirt is probably already being gathered on the players in law enforcement in Jupiter so things do not get "lost."

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

"Worried about this being moved to PPP"." Seriously? What a HUGE worry to have.

Your opinion of my comments is noted and disregarded.

Are people on the TSW that scared of PPP?

It's not the wrong side of the tracks after dark.....

Or is it...? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Are people on the TSW that scared of PPP?

It's not the wrong side of the tracks after dark.....

Or is it...? 

Honestly, maybe I should reconsider posting an opinion. The thread being moved to PPP would be almost as bad as a nuclear war or a massive earthquake, no? :) 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Honestly, maybe I should reconsider posting an opinion. The thread being moved to PPP would be almost as bad as a nuclear war or a massive earthquake, no? :) 

Bill, you only need to post a few thoughts here...in whatever order you choose.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1