Robert Kraft charged in prostitution ring bust ( Update: Kraft legal team accused of lying in court)

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, JD Hill said:

My problem will be if MR Kraft  knew of the human trafficking situation at this fine establishment before going to get serviced. If he did,this is a major problem and he will have to sell the team and his legacy will be severely tarnished. But in reality if he was going in for a quick $50 afternoon delight I personally feel it falls to the level of Gronk walking down the street with a cold beer, or Marcell Dareus smoking a J. All three acts are illegal in most places but are accepted by most people. I dislike Kraft and the Patriots and everything they stand for as much as everyone on this board but come on it’s just an old horny guy trying to be cool. It’s sad a billionaire can’t do better than that ?

Plenty of call girls in Jupiter that Kraft could call for a quickie without leaving his home.  So a billionaire in Jupiter can do far better than a brothel disguised as a massage parlor.  Kraft also donated money on behalf of charities to spread awareness on human trafficking.  This will no doubt be brought up many times going forward.  Kraft is no low functioning stock pusher at Walmart who saved for several weeks to afford that encounter.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, FLFan said:

In this case apparently, it is accurate, as it is in many others.  These women were Chinese, brought to this country and indentured to the message parlors to pay off those that financed their journey.  This is very common, with many nationalities, and it is certainly sex trafficking.  

My point is that by calling everything human trafficking, it totally confuses the matter. 

1 hour ago, Iron Maiden said:

Robert Kraft will still own the Pats....or at worst, his son will take over. You can't fault the son for daddy's little " pleasure excursion ".......If anything, I'm afraid NE has it's motivation headline for this season right in front of them...win one for Bob.....you are dreaming if you think BB and Brady might retire because of this ...if anything, they are more dangerous.....and have the perfect " us vs the world " story.....and we all know how much they love that stuff.....

Lol they aren't anymore dangerous b.c of this. Wtf is wrong with people...

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JD Hill said:

My problem will be if MR Kraft  knew of the human trafficking situation at this fine establishment before going to get serviced. If he did,this is a major problem and he will have to sell the team and his legacy will be severely tarnished. But in reality if he was going in for a quick $50 afternoon delight I personally feel it falls to the level of Gronk walking down the street with a cold beer, or Marcell Dareus smoking a J. All three acts are illegal in most places but are accepted by most people. I dislike Kraft and the Patriots and everything they stand for as much as everyone on this board but come on it’s just an old horny guy trying to be cool. It’s sad a billionaire can’t do better than that ?

Why eat at a taco truck when you can have lobster? Anyway rich people rarely get punished.  This will all get swept under the rug and somehow get turned into a rally cry for this poor misunderstood organization. Gag me......

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It's probably a good time to sell, anyway. The NFL seems to be hitting its peak.

This makes a lot of sense, I agree.  Not sure most of the owners, including the Krafts, can see this since most billionaires are far removed from the general public and really don't understand the general public.  Can you imagine the premium that a franchise like NE would attract?  The Krafts bought in 1994, I believe.  Purchased low, sell high.  Would be a smart move, IMO.  Wash your hands of the entire situation (from a PR perspective) and pay the comparatively small penalty for misdemeanor soliciting.  The spa owners will end up paying the price for trafficking and minor employment.

7 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Plenty of call girls in Jupiter that Kraft could call for a quickie without leaving his home.  So a billionaire in Jupiter can do far better than a brothel disguised as a massage parlor.  Kraft also donated money on behalf of charities to spread awareness on human trafficking.  This will no doubt be brought up many times going forward.  Kraft is no low functioning stock pusher at Walmart who saved for several weeks to afford that encounter.

That’s the question I have. Why did he go there? Not just once,  but again - after seeing/experiencing what it reportedly was? To say he just wanted to get a quickie doesn’t make sense to me considering he could do that in complete private anytime with a high end hooker. I just can’t fathom why he would go there. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s the question I have. Why did he go there? Not just once,  but again - after seeing/experiencing what it reportedly was? To say he just wanted to get a quickie doesn’t make sense to me considering he could do that in complete private anytime with a high end hooker. I just can’t fathom why he would go there. 

Depravity.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My guess is that it’s a place run or controlled by trusted friends of his.  Guys like Kraft don’t just randomly stroll into a joint like that...

Edited by mannc

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

This makes a lot of sense, I agree.  Not sure most of the owners, including the Krafts, can see this since most billionaires are far removed from the general public and really don't understand the general public.  Can you imagine the premium that a franchise like NE would attract?  The Krafts bought in 1994, I believe.  Purchased low, sell high.  Would be a smart move, IMO.  Wash your hands of the entire situation (from a PR perspective) and pay the comparatively small penalty for misdemeanor soliciting.  The spa owners will end up paying the price for trafficking and minor employment.

Don't underestimate the value of being 1 of 32.  Of course its a business, but there's a reason why franchises aren't flipped like houses. 

13 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

Kraft is the old scumbag perv we all thought he was.  Does anyone remember that bizarre “audition tape” he made with some 20 something probably std riddled “actress” about 2 weeks after his wife died?  That little creepy bridge troll. 

Lol, yeah that's his current girlfriend. 

The following is totally just me spitballing, but the large contribution to that human trafficking charity really makes me wonder. My mind has led me to three conclusions. 

1. Like most other uberwealthy people, he has other people making the decisions about where his charitable contributions go. This is probably the simplest, most likely explaination, especially if you want to believe that he had no idea about the potential status of the women servicing him.

2. He got pinched once before, but whoever caught him swept it under the rug, and made him do something for victims of the crime he was committing.  

3. He felt guilty about his hobby and thought that maybe throwing money at that cause would help balance out his bad karma.

The last two make the most sense if he knew what was happening (or at least what commonly is happening) at a place like that.

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

My guess is that it’s a place run or controlled by trusted friends of his.  Guys like Kraft don’t just randomly stroll into a joint like that...

And if that’s the case (and he’s not the only one, as reportedly there are a ton of prominent people in Jupiter rolled up in this ring) how did he not know what was going on? I’m not trying to make this bigger than it is just because it’s the Pats - seriously. These are just questions i would have about any NFL owner or billionaire in general wrapped up in this.

Edited by YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Maybe so. Perhaps the democrats will draft him to run in 2020.

Read the room. Everybody is worried about this being moved to PPP, and here you come with comments that not only will get this moved, but are totally useless to the discussion.

1 hour ago, stony said:

IDK, you're reasoning is solid.  But I think Goodell lets him off with a minor penalty.  I don't think Roger wants to pick a fight with Kraft again.  

I don't think it's Rodger picking that fight... I think its' the other 31. 

Imagine this scenario (because all of the other owners probably are): 

1. League goes easy on Kraft. 
  2. Public is outraged.
  3. Media see's public outrage and sees profit.
  4. Media invests time, resources, and energy into beating this dead horse.
  5. League suffers. 
  6. Media further uses time, resources, and energy to go through all of the remaining owners and find every business deal, relationship, and mild indiscretion possible hoping to uncover that one gold strike that will bring this back around and will make it seem like all of the NFL owners are terrible people with no moral acumen (funny coming from the media). The McNair comments will be brought back up. Richardson will get dragged back into the spotlight even though he's not an owner (I'll take bets on how quickly before he gives an "expose" on the pervasive negative nature of NFL owners and how what he did was nothing compared to all the other things that he can't prove but were definitely happening.) and everything will be nuts. 

That's a very real scenario to me, and I can't imagine any of the other owners are happy with the idea of that much scrutiny, whether or not they're "clean" (we've seen that that doesn't matter these days.) 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, mannc said:

Or that no one would expect someone of his wealth to be in an area like that so he goes there not flaunting his wealth and acting like a normal Florida Senior. Going to a high end place, it's more likely someone could come back later and blackmail him knowing he has money. Going to a place like that, he could just be regular guy 'Bob Kraft'...

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

2. Public is outraged.
  5. League suffers. 
  6. Media further uses time, resources, and energy to go through all of the remaining owners and find every business deal, relationship, and mild indiscretion possible hoping to uncover that one gold strike that will bring this back around and will make it seem like all of the NFL owners are terrible people with no moral acumen (funny coming from the media). The McNair comments will be brought back up. Richardson will get dragged back into the spotlight even though he's not an owner (I'll take bets on how quickly before he gives an "expose" on the pervasive negative nature of NFL owners and how what he did was nothing compared to all the other things that he can't prove but were definitely happening.) and everything will be nuts. 

That's a very real scenario to me, and I can't imagine any of the other owners are happy with the idea of that much scrutiny, whether or not they're "clean" (we've seen that that doesn't matter these days.) 

Goodell will only go hard on Kraft if the other 31 force his hand.  I don't see this happening.  

But if Jones, Kroenke, Mara/Tisch, Rooneys et al lobby against him, Goodell will know he can hammer Kraft. 

I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if I'm reading the situation incorrectly.  

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Or that no one would expect someone of his wealth to be in an area like that so he goes there not flaunting his wealth and acting like a normal Florida Senior. Going to a high end place, it's more likely someone could come back later and blackmail him knowing he has money. Going to a place like that, he could just be regular guy 'Bob Kraft'...

6.5 Billion smackers buys a lot of high quality hookers and a lot of high quality discretion. He did the exact opposite.

There are videos of him which would lead you to believe they were taken by the fine establishment in which case he was definitely going to get blackmailed, or else the fine establishment had in house LEO surveillance in which case it's just a ***** run criminal organization. Either way, there's a disconnect in this story somewhere or else he's really just a giant dumbass worth $6.5b. 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

2. Public is outraged.
  5. League suffers. 

You are also assuming that other owners have a beef with Kraft or want to see him punished for a misdemeanor. I doubt these guys want to set a bar that a misdemeanor can get you forced to sell your franchise considering I'm sure many have some skeletons in their closets that could get them in worse trouble. I'm sure they are all on the 'up and  up' financially with their businesses......

3 minutes ago, stony said:

Goodell will only go hard on Kraft if the other 31 force his hand.  I don't see this happening.  

But if Jones, Kroenke, Mara/Tisch, Rooneys et al lobby against him, Goodell will know he can hammer Kraft. 

I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if I'm reading the situation incorrectly.  

That's what I'm saying. 

If the owners are smart they want him gone to avoid the scenario I outlined. (unless he has a bunch of dirt on them which wouldn't surprise me at all) 

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

You are also assuming that other owners have a beef with Kraft or want to see him punished for a misdemeanor. I doubt these guys want to set a bar that a misdemeanor can get you forced to sell your franchise considering I'm sure many have some skeletons in their closets that could get them in worse trouble. I'm sure they are all on the 'up and  up' financially with their businesses......

No I'm not... You didn't read what I said. 

I'm asking the question of "do the other owners think that going easy on this leads to an open season on NFL owners." I am also sure they have a ton of skelatons which is the exact reason they don't want to come across weak on this because they don't want people looking. 

Edited by whatdrought

8 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don’t know anything about this personally but from what I understand - the high end women would come to him and the deal

is such that blackmail would never happen. That’s why it’s all so strange to me. But, he’s not the first or last guy who can afford that to make these types of bizarre decisions. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And if that’s the case (and he’s not the only one, as reportedly there are a ton of prominent people in Jupiter rolled up in this ring) how did he not know what was going on? I’m not trying to make this bigger than it is just because it’s the Pats - seriously. These are just questions i would have about any NFL owner or billionaire in general wrapped up in this.

What do you mean, “How did he not know what was going on?”

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

2. Public is outraged.
  5. League suffers. 

I know that this is not a political board so it will keep it very brief.  Kraft being a one time donor to Trump means the media will bite into this like a tick bites into a dog or cat.  The other owners will get tired of this in short order and put Kraft out of his misery.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That's what I'm saying. 

If the owners are smart they want him gone to avoid the scenario I outlined. (unless he has a bunch of dirt on them which wouldn't surprise me at all) 

No I'm not... You didn't read what I said. 

I'm asking the question of "do the other owners think that going easy on this leads to an open season on NFL owners." I am also sure they have a ton of skelatons which is the exact reason they don't want to come across weak on this because they don't want people looking. 

Most people did not read what you wrote and a fair number did not understand to boot.

Just now, whatdrought said:

6.5 Billion smackers buys a lot of high quality hookers and a lot of high quality discretion. He did the exact opposite.

There are videos of him which would lead you to believe they were taken by the fine establishment in which case he was definitely going to get blackmailed, or else the fine establishment had in house LEO surveillance in which case it's just a ***** run criminal organization. Either way, there's a disconnect in this story somewhere or else he's really just a giant dumbass worth $6.5b. 

Weren't the cameras set up as part of the sting investigation?

And I always assumed those places all have security cameras for security/protection of the employees.

His wealth can buy high end stuff, but also puts a target on his back. Your assuming he walks into a place like that as 'Robert Kraft, billionaire NFL owner' and not 'Bob Kraft, Regular guy'.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

I know that this is not a political board so it will keep it very brief.  Kraft being a one time donor to Trump means the media will bite into this like a tick bites into a dog or cat.  The other owners will get tired of this in short order and put Kraft out of his misery.

That's definitely a possible outcome. Maybe if we're lucky the outrage machine will circle back to brady and his choice of headwear and he'll be sent to the CFL or something. :P

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Weren't the cameras set up as part of the sting investigation?

And I always assumed those places all have security cameras for security/protection of the employees.

His wealth can buy high end stuff, but also puts a target on his back. Your assuming he walks into a place like that as 'Robert Kraft, billionaire NFL owner' and not 'Bob Kraft, Regular guy'.

That's what I mean- the fact that there were cameras where they were proves the lack of discretion all around. Either it's a blackmail thing waiting to happen, or the actual outcome and you get busted.

Either way, it's not at all a credible option without risk of exposure. 

I really don't believe that $6b cant buy a discreet service.

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Most people did not read what you wrote and a fair number did not understand to boot.

So it would seem...

Edited by whatdrought

That's what I mean- the fact that there were cameras where they were proves the lack of discretion all around. Either it's a blackmail thing waiting to happen, or the actual outcome and you get busted.

I really don't believe that 6b cant buy a discreet service. 

THIS. He can have them come to him with ultimate discretion through payment and non disclosures. It makes no sense for him (or anyone with his notoriety or money) to visit a place like this. What am I missing 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

How did he not know this place was involved with sex trafficking (as reported) IF (as you guessed) he knew the owner? 

Perhaps for Kraft that was a feature, not a bug.  Or maybe he just didn’t care.  I’m sure anyone could tell in 5 minutes what kind of place it was.

I really don't believe that 6b cant buy a discreet service. 

Money may buy discretion for a while, but it's never guaranteed forever. How many other rich and famous people have had things leak or come out against them involving hookers or incidents with say, adult film stars?