Kyle's Last Game

Watched the pro bowl to see Kyle play one last time and he was right in there making plays and was critical on a 4rth and goal stoppage. Going to miss this guy and hope he reconsiders as he can still play ( just ask coach for some time off to watch your kids play,he will give it to you and will just say its a rest day)

Also the game wasnt horrible like usual, i may actually start watching it again as its been over 20 years since ive skipped them. Although the second half was pretty lackluster, you could tell the players wanted to get out of there after the score was so lopsided. It was fun to see offensive and defensive players to play the the opp though.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Watched the pro bowl to see Kyle play one last time and he was right in there making plays and was critical on a 4rth and goal stoppage. Going to miss this guy and hope he reconsiders as he can still play ( just ask coach for some time off to watch your kids play,he will give it to you and will just say its a rest day)

Also the game wasnt horrible like usual, i may actually start watching it again as its been over 20 years since ive skipped them. Although the second half was pretty lackluster, you could tell the players wanted to get out of there after the score was so lopsided. It was fun to see offensive and defensive players to play the the opp though.

Meh. The defensive players playing on offense was a little fun but I think it even made more of a mockery of the game.

In the NHL All Star game, do the goalies move up and play on a wing? No.  Do forwards put on pads and take a turn in goal? No

In the Baseball All Star game does a pitcher go out and play shortstop? No

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Meh. The defensive players playing on offense was a little fun but I think it even made more of a mockery of the game.

In the NHL All Star game, do the goalies move up and play on a wing? No.  Do forwards put on pads and take a turn in goal? No

In the Baseball All Star game does a pitcher go out and play shortstop? No

Yep, the pro bowl is the most ridiculous game of football there is.  The players rightfully are worried about injuries.  At most it is a half speed practiced with disinterested players.

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Yep, the pro bowl is the most ridiculous game of football there is.  The players rightfully are worried about injuries.  At most it is a half speed practiced with disinterested players.

It seemed the defensive players were trying at times, more so in the 1st half.  As the OP mentioned, there was actually a goalline stand by the AFC defense.   Then, in the 2nd half, and especially the 4th quarter, they'd just touch a guy and he'd stop.  Near the end it got really ridiculous as the refs blew the whistle a few times when the ball carrier wasn't even touched. What was up with that?  

Still, with the way offenses have been, I expected a high scoring game but the NFC had to score late to avoid being shutout.

I think the players might actually try harder if they played flag football.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Fixed. Dumbest game in all of sports.

Edited by Steve O

Complaining about the pro bowl is silly. Yes, we all know it isn't up to the standard of normal games. I think it is still fun to watch from time to time, especially if you have some Bills players or other favorites from around the league competing.

And if it is close, they pick up in intensity later in the game. I don't think it is nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. No point in endlessly bashing it. We all know what the game is and what it isn't.

• Like (+1) 1

The entire concept of the Pro Bowl and the NHL All-Star game, for that matter, is kind of a joke.

They should continue to name players to each as an honor, and skip the actual game.

The MLB all star game is a bit different, largely b/c you can play baseball at 100% without fear of anyone getting hurt, for the most part.  And the game means something---decides home field advantage in the World Series.  Or did they do away with that?

I’m completely fine with it.

Seems like it’s fun for the players and they avoid beating the bejezuz out of each other. 

It’s more a fun skills event than a typical hard hitting game to showcase the talented athletes. 

It not exactly football but it can be fun to watch if you can be open minded ... 

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Complaining about the pro bowl is silly. Yes, we all know it isn't up to the standard of normal games. I think it is still fun to watch from time to time, especially if you have some Bills players or other favorites from around the league competing.

And if it is close, they pick up in intensity later in the game. I don't think it is nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. No point in endlessly bashing it. We all know what the game is and what it isn't.

But some like endless bashing - it is why they come here!

5 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Probably would never happen, but make the outcome the determiner for the location of the next available SB location.  AFC wins, the 2021 SB goes to an AFC stadium, etc

So Bills players would sabotage game so it does not go to New England? :D

Or more likely Giants, Eagles and Washington teams sabotaging game so it does does not do Dallas again.  The Superbowl goes to Dallas so often it should be nicknamed Debbie. 

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

But some like endless bashing - it is why they come here!

So Bills players would sabotage game so it does not go to New England? :D

Or more likely Giants, Eagles and Washington teams sabotaging game so it does does not do Dallas again.  The Superbowl goes to Dallas so often it should be nicknamed Debbie. 

Nah.  Starting in 2021, we're gonna be going for 10 straight years.  

13 hours ago, mattynh said:

Are people still surprised and/or upset its not competitive?  It will never be a hard hitting/full on competition again.

It needs to be a talent competition. 40 yard dashes, target throwing, catching competitions, etc. Like basketball with the dunk contest. I'd rather see these ultra-coordinated athletes doing amazing feats relative to their position.

For some of the older members that were around and remember the great 90's bills teams... When they made the probowls back then were they more competitive? Were the Probowls EVER competitive? I watched one a couple years ago and thought it was terrible and never watched again. I'm also of the age where they were hardly ever any Bills players to watch which made it even less interesting. 

17 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

The only thing that stands out to me from a probowl is when Sean Taylor lit up Moorman.

Hey now. My guy Brian popped right up from that hit like it was nothing. I'm sure he collapsed in the locker room, but he wasn't gonna air his pain. Now that dude was a football player.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/28/2019 at 10:53 PM, Augie said:

They should NOt watch from Hawaii which is more of a treat for the players. 

Well NFL noticed they were not paying attention and moved it to North Cuba.  

Not sure if you noticed that.

Personally I think NFL Pro Bowl should be moved back to after Superbowl and farmed out to highest bidder.  If Tokyo gets bid the game is there.

On 1/29/2019 at 2:00 AM, Jeetz1231 said:

The only thing that stands out to me from a probowl is when Sean Taylor lit up Moorman.

CTE can develop early.  You should be tested for it.

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Well NFL noticed they were not paying attention and moved it to North Cuba.  

Not sure if you noticed that.

Personally I think NFL Pro Bowl should be moved back to after Superbowl and farmed out to highest bidder.  If Tokyo gets bid the game is there.

Maybe it should be the ONLY game played in London.