Where has 26CornerBlitz been lately?

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Why are people bashing 26Corner in absentia? He provided a service that helped people keep up. What's the difference if he posted 100,000 links or a million links to football related topics that dealt mostly with the Bills? Was he at times stubborn and obstinate when dealing with people who disagreed with him? Yes, and so what?  There are plenty of irritating personalities (including me) on this board. So why is it fair to single him out? For those hyper critical people who found him intolerable there is a simple solution: Don't respond to him!

We have a few really top shelf posters here who know the game and are knowledgeable about players and prospects. Especially around the draft I really enjoy their opinions and commentary. However, we have our share of  dullards (including me) who have little to offer the community. As a proud member of the dullard community I have a right to express my views. If they are not appreciated they can be ignored or challenged. 

Having a topic about 26Corner where people spew their venom and ridicule him is not right and not classy. If he made a decision to withdraw from the site then that is not only his right but also very understandable. Representing the dullard community it's time to stop this childish back stabbing criticism of him. 

Moderators, where are you? 

Less incite, more insight.

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Why are people bashing 26Corner in absentia? He provided a service that helped people keep up. What's the difference if he posted 100,000 links or a million links to football related topics that dealt mostly with the Bills? Was he at times stubborn and obstinate when dealing with people who disagreed with him? Yes, and so what?  There are plenty of irritating personalities (including me) on this board. So why is it fair to single him out? For those hyper critical people who found him intolerable there is a simple solution: Don't respond to him!

We have a few really top shelf posters here who know the game and are knowledgeable about players and prospects. Especially around the draft I really enjoy their opinions and commentary. However, we have our share of  dullards (including me) who have little to offer the community. As a proud member of the dullard community I have a right to express my views. If they are not appreciated they can be ignored or challenged. 

Having a topic about 26Corner where people spew their venom and ridicule him is not right and not classy. If he made a decision to withdraw from the site then that is not only his right but also very understandable. Representing the dullard community it's time to stop this childish back stabbing criticism of him. 

John,  If anything is being said that is untrue then I am 1000% sure this thread would get locked or deleted.   I myself didn't think this thread would last the first day.

Yes, CopyPaste did many people here a favor by posting links to save  people the keystrokes of going to Twitter or Google and type in "Buffalo Bills"

There seems to be a common thread and that if you argued at all with 26 you were insulted and then he refused to reply back to you.  

26 even had an issue with the venerable Yolo and wouldn't reply to any comments Yolo posed to 26 on a topic.  Was it jealousy? We'll never know. 

26 has / had a tag that reads More insight and less incite.   Unfortunately it applied more to himself than any other poster.  

I can tell you much and more just PM me. 

17 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Less incite, more insight.

beat me to it  

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

John,  If anything is being said that is untrue then I am 1000% sure this thread would get locked or deleted.   I myself didn't think this thread would last the first day.

Yes, CopyPaste did many people here a favor by posting links to save  people the keystrokes of going to Twitter or Google and type in "Buffalo Bills"

There seems to be a common thread and that if you argued at all with 26 you were insulted and then he refused to reply back to you.  

26 even had an issue with the venerable Yolo and wouldn't reply to any comments Yolo posed to 26 on a topic.  Was it jealousy? We'll never know. 

26 has / had a tag that reads More insight and less incite.   Unfortunately it applied more to himself than any other poster.  

I can tell you much and more just PM me. 

beat me to it  

26Corner has not posted here for quite awhile. Why continue the haranguing? I have also gotten into scraps with him. Big freaking deal! If you found him to be arrogant and intolerable then why continue interacting with him? It doesn't take long to recognize that this site has plenty of stupid, immature, unsavory, stubborn people posting here. It also doesn't take long to recognize that there are a number of fascinating people from a variety of locations (not exaggerating to say worldwide) who are illuminating. Those are the people I choose to respond to. 

What I find most objectionable is this continued ridiculing of someone who for obvious reasons decided to leave this site. He no longer is here to respond. In my view it is not right to continue to jab at someone who is no longer in the ring to punch back. There comes a point where criticizing and mocking someone who is absent from the room rises to the cowardly level of backstabbing someone. He doesn't want to engage with us any longer. So just leave him freaking alone!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

26Corner has not posted here for quite awhile. Why continue the haranguing? I have also gotten into scraps with him. Big freaking deal! If you found him to be arrogant and intolerable then why continue interacting with him? It doesn't take long to recognize that this site has plenty of stupid, immature, unsavory, stubborn people posting here. It also doesn't take long to recognize that there are a number of fascinating people from a variety of locations (not exaggerating to say worldwide) who are illuminating. Those are the people I choose to respond to. 

What I find most objectionable is this continued ridiculing of someone who for obvious reasons decided to leave this site. He no longer is here to respond. In my view it is not right to continue to jab at someone who is no longer in the ring to punch back. There comes a point where criticizing and mocking someone who is absent from the room rises to the cowardly level of backstabbing someone. He doesn't want to engage with us any longer. So just leave him freaking alone!

I think the most enlightening thing for me is how 26cb has lived rent free in these guys head for over a month now I think?  There are a lot of posters that come and go.  There are some I even miss.  There are more that I am glad don't post anymore.  7 pages though for a guy so many claim to not like.  This is like a break up where the posters here are the one who was left and now saying it was mutual and happy that it happened.

29 minutes ago, section122 said:

I think the most enlightening thing for me is how 26cb has lived rent free in these guys head for over a month now I think?  There are a lot of posters that come and go.  There are some I even miss.  There are more that I am glad don't post anymore.  7 pages though for a guy so many claim to not like.  This is like a break up where the posters here are the one who was left and now saying it was mutual and happy that it happened.

The moderators have never been reluctant to close out a topic when there is nothing productive left to say or the topic's lifespan has been exhausted. They are usually right in their judgments and kept this site functioning well and moving along. I have never publicly criticized any moderator because they volunteer their own time and provide a service for all of us.  For that I am very appreciative. It's now time for them to step up and do the right thing and close this topic that has gone on for too long and serves no useful purpose. 

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

....SOS MODS?...seriously?.......folks offering respectful, differing opinions from yours?...isn't THAT how this lace is supposed to work?......gotta be joking...SMH........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Apparently I never got into it with him, or just disregarded that back and forth. He did bring info to the table, and for that I was thankful. There are people here I generally ignore (shocking, I know), who bring a lot less to the table. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

If you believe you see venom or untoward ridicule here, John, please feel free to report it. 

I haven't read every post in this thread, but what I have read seems to meet a reasonable standard of civility and being "above the belt" which is why it's still here.

Edit: should be said that the mods are far from a "hive mind", which is one good purpose of the "report" function, lets several eyes have a look at stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....SOS MODS?...seriously?.......folks offering respectful, differing opinions from yours?...isn't THAT how this lace is supposed to work?......gotta be joking...SMH........

If you respond to me I can respond to you. And vice versa. That's not the case here. There are seven pages of responses mostly made up of ridiculing a person who is no longer participating on this site. The majority of posts on this topic are not  respectful. They are mostly ridiculing responses for someone who isn't responding back. So what's the point of continuing on. Seven pages of denigrating someone serves what purpose? The issue has absolutely nothing to do with agreeing with me or not. I don't give dam. People can disagree with me as much as they want to. That's not the issue. It is about the continuing mocking and ridiculing of someone who is no longer here to respond to what is being said about him.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you believe you see venom or untoward ridicule here, John, please feel free to report it. 
I haven't read every post in this thread, but what I have read seems to meet a reasonable standard of civility and being "above the belt" which is why it's still here.

What's the point of this seven page and counting topic that has been going on for quite a while? He was a contributing member for a long time and provided a useful service. He departed. Go through some of the responses and you will have a better feel for what I am saying. Then come back and tell me what the utility of continuing on is. 

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

What's the point of this seven page and counting topic that has been going on for quite a while? He was a contributing member for a long time and provided a useful service. He departed. Go through some of the responses and you will have a better feel for what I am saying. Then come back and tell me what the utility of continuing on is. 

John, I don't police "worth" of threads or their "utility", especially "Off the Wall".  I have seen some of the responses.

Typically, threads die when they've run their course, and keep going when someone continues to contribute to them - including someone who doesn't think they should continue.

I promise, I'll stop trading Warren Zevon lyrics with Buffalo716 now.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I’d like to meet his tailor 

On a side note is he the greatest 1 hit wonder of all time?

love that song

Total trivia: Zevon wrote the Ronstadt hit "Poor poor Pitiful Me".  No jive. 

The creative mind is a wonderful thing.

(And me too.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

It’s been a year and Dunkirk Don is still a topic. Or was it 2???

I’ve seen others mention names (that because I’m a nosy body searched the archives) have been gone for over 3 years. 

When you insert yourself into a public forum and make an impression good or bad you will be remembered and spoken of.  

3 maybe 4 mods have posted in this thread and have not closed it down. 

ShadyBF came close to getting a vacation but that reason took his football elsewhere.   

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

6 hours ago, JohnC said:

Come on this is crap. He knew nothing of football, the game or play beyond some history once in a while. His takes and viewpoints were terrible.  To claim he added service is overstated - sorry, beyond copy and pasting he didn't.

• Like (+1) 1

I hope I get an 8+ page thread dedicated to me when I finally stop getting sucked into this vortex... you can even be negative (I deserve it). 

I do miss 26 as he’s always been a mainstay in my time here. It is weird not seeing 10 threads on the homepage started by him. Just don’t mention which Josh was right to him. 

Also, is it possible 26 is actually in this thread masquerading as another poster?.... humph.... 

Edited by whatdrought

10 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Come on this is crap. He knew nothing of football, the game or play beyond some history once in a while. His takes and viewpoints were terrible.  To claim he added service is overstated - sorry, beyond copy and pasting he didn't.

He's long gone. Find some other phantom to kick in the nuts. 

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

He's long gone. Find some other phantom to kick in the nuts. 

Not kicking him the nuts ... Not at all. I could not care less about him.

But, to defend him as someone knew football knowledge is incorrect. He was consistently terrible at his opinions and takes. 

To defend him as just being a member who isn't here anymore, fair enough. I even said as much of the same up thread.  See below.

On 1/29/2019 at 9:11 AM, Boyst62 said:

I say we close this thread up ??‍♂️

He's gone. 

FluidVacantGrizzlybear-small.gif

Yes this is partially mocking him, John. But that's a lot to do with how he treated others and ironic because this is similar to what he did to others. So it's all in good fun.

36 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Not kicking him the nuts ... Not at all. I could not care less about him.

But, to defend him as someone knew football knowledge is incorrect. He was consistently terrible at his opinions and takes. 

To defend him as just being a member who isn't here anymore, fair enough. I even said as much of the same up thread.  See below.

Yes this is partially mocking him, John. But that's a lot to do with how he treated others and ironic because this is similar to what he did to others. So it's all in good fun.

You need to read my numerous comments about him more carefully. I never said he had good or bad takes. Having a good take is not the standard or requirement  to participate on this at times unruly board. If you doubt that standard then you are not reading the numerous odd, weird, perplexing and outright stupid takes.  

26Corner certainly wasn't always a gracious or diplomatic responder. I'll even go so far as to say that he could be irritating and be unlikable. I'm sure many people find me to be obnoxious and insufferable. That's okay. I then have the choice of responding or not. This is a different situation. He moved on while others continued to partake in denouncing him. 

26Corner has for more than a few weeks decided to leave the scene. Some posters have even reached out to him by PM to find out what is going on with him and his absence. He has not responded to any of those inquiries. So it is clear that he doesn't want to be involved and have anything to do with this site. That's his prerogative. 

I just find it to be less than classy to have a dedicated topic to ridicule and to a degree abuse someone who is no longer here. If he were still participating and could respond back to his critics that is a different scenario. That's not the case here. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I hope I get an 8+ page thread dedicated to me when I finally stop getting sucked into this vortex... you can even be negative (I deserve it). 

I do miss 26 as he’s always been a mainstay in my time here. It is weird not seeing 10 threads on the homepage started by him. Just don’t mention which Josh was right to him. 

Also, is it possible 26 is actually in this thread masquerading as another poster?.... humph.... 

You think Josh Allen’s amazing game vs the dolphins sent him over the edge ? 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Better than a “good, he can FOAD” response

om second thought.....

I waded through a few pages and haven’t found a definitive answer.  Currently under the impression that he just ghosted the board?  He hasn’t responded to messages.  Has anyone been in touch with him to confirm he’s still alive?

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I waded through a few pages and haven’t found a definitive answer.  Currently under the impression that he just ghosted the board?  He hasn’t responded to messages.  Has anyone been in touch with him to confirm he’s still alive?

This person is alive... he (I assume its he) has been posting once in awhile on another Bills discussion board. Maybe just taking a break from here, have no idea.

12 hours ago, JohnC said:

You need to read my numerous comments about him more carefully. I never said he had good or bad takes. Having a good take is not the standard or requirement  to participate on this at times unruly board. If you doubt that standard then you are not reading the numerous odd, weird, perplexing and outright stupid takes.  

26Corner certainly wasn't always a gracious or diplomatic responder. I'll even go so far as to say that he could be irritating and be unlikable. I'm sure many people find me to be obnoxious and insufferable. That's okay. I then have the choice of responding or not. This is a different situation. He moved on while others continued to partake in denouncing him. 

26Corner has for more than a few weeks decided to leave the scene. Some posters have even reached out to him by PM to find out what is going on with him and his absence. He has not responded to any of those inquiries. So it is clear that he doesn't want to be involved and have anything to do with this site. That's his prerogative. 

I just find it to be less than classy to have a dedicated topic to ridicule and to a degree abuse someone who is no longer here. If he were still participating and could respond back to his critics that is a different scenario. That's not the case here. 

All this tells me is 26 is a big puzzy and good riddance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/4/2019 at 4:17 PM, JohnC said:

You can also look at it from a different angle. The thread is being continued as a tribute to him. Out of respect for him, it will hopefully reach a ginormous amount of pages encompassing all topics in one place so we can be conscious of the looming thread shortage lurking out there, and perhaps just keep updating the title every day. 

On a serious note, I completely understand what you are saying. I haven’t read all the posts but I think (Jmo) that from my observation of how he treated so many posters over the years that it has led to this type of thread. I’m not saying it’s the right thing per se,  but just that it doesn’t surprise me. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You can also look at it from a different angle. The thread is being continued as a tribute to him. Out of respect for him, it will hopefully reach a ginormous amount of pages encompassing all topics in one place so we can be conscious of the looming thread shortage lurking out there, and perhaps just keep updating the title every day. 

On a serious note, I completely understand what you are saying. I haven’t read all the posts but I think (Jmo) that from my observation of how he treated so many posters over the years that it has led to this type of thread. I’m not saying it’s the right thing per se,  but just that it doesn’t surprise me. 

It's more of a general criticism of people who have an extreme online addiction...........though unkind, serial linkers or posters have ALWAYS been looked upon with a jaundiced eye here.............but if it makes you feel better you can think that.

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You can also look at it from a different angle. The thread is being continued as a tribute to him.

I know you were being tongue-in-cheek, but If that were the case, then everyone who's contributed so far should have copied and pasted a link to express their feelings about his departure.

Though on second thought, I'm sure that would have resulted in the shut down of this thread awhile ago.

I, personally, have no positive or negative feelings whatsoever about 26Cornerblitz' departure -- and I won't care much one way or the other if and when he returns.  He's no more special than any other poster here.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

you had me until I read 

hopefully reach a ginormous amount of pages

:worthy: :worthy:

• Like (+1) 1