TV Shows You Want Rebooted

Not a reboot, but a new chapter in "The Shield" since many of the great characters lived to see another day.  

A rare science fiction or geopolitical miniseries.  Something like the Day After, By Dawn's Early Light, V, Battlestar Galactica, The Stand.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Have you seen Angie Tribeca? It's the closest thing to Police Squad we're gonna get without Leslie Nielsen. Same type of low key slapstick.

nope I will check it out thanks.  ***** CBS cancelled Police Squad after only 6 episodes!   There used to be a great website jumptheshark.com.  TV guide bought them and ruined the sight.  The original was brilliant and had a category- the few, the proud- that shows never jumped the shark.  Police Squad was top of the list

Just now, Pete said:

nope I will check it out thanks.  ***** CBS cancelled Police Squad after only 6 episodes!   There used to be a great website jumptheshark.com.  TV guide bought them and ruined the sight.  The original was brilliant and had a category- the few, the proud- that shows never jumped the shark.  Police Squad was top of the list

Yeah.  I used to love that site. And my dad bought me the DVD one year for Christmas. I think the problem was how subtle a lot of the humor was. You couldn't multi-task and watch it. You had to really pay attention, and it was one of the few comedies from that era that didn't have a laugh track, which is much more common now.

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Yeah.  I used to love that site. And my dad bought me the DVD one year for Christmas. I think the problem was how subtle a lot of the humor was. You couldn't multi-task and watch it. You had to really pay attention, and it was one of the few comedies from that era that didn't have a laugh track, which is much more common now.

nominated for two emmys!  And they still canned it.  I hope they canned the ceo of CBS for that *****up

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083466/

When the ABC TV Network cancelled the series after 6 episodes, ABC entertainment president Tony Thomopoulos claimed it was because "the viewer had to watch it in order to appreciate it." TV Guide magazine would condemn that statement as "The most stupid reason a network ever gave for ending a series.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

At least we got the movies with the Juice.

when I was watching that jeep drive around LA- I was like holy ***** Nurberg is going to off himself

what the hell are you doing in Detroit Nurberg?

They’ve already done Hawaii 5-0 and Magnum P.I., and I still can’t get my wife to consider a trip there. I think my couch is as close as I’m going to get. Inhumane treatment of a spouse, I tell you!  

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Nanker said:

The Andy Griffith Show starring Greg Gutfeld as Andy and Tyrus in the role of Barney Fife. 

I actually had an idea for a Andy Griffith spinoff. It wouldn't be a remake with the same characters. But similar characters, taking place in Mayberry. A twist I'd throw on it is swap the "Andy" and "Barney" roles. Where the Sheriff is the bumbling idiot, and his wiser deputy is the one that always has to clean up after him. 

Taxi

St. Elsewhere

E.R.

Two and a Half Men WITH Charlie Sheen

I gotta say .... I think the Connors (Roseanne) is very, very good.  And way funnier than it ever was with Roseanne Barrnold.

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Taxi

St. Elsewhere

E.R.

Two and a Half Men WITH Charlie Sheen

I gotta say .... I think the Connors (Roseanne) is very, very good.  And way funnier than it ever was with Roseanne Barrnold.

I liked Taxi a lot as well even though it was before my time.

I don’t know how some of those skits would work in the modern world though.  Like when Louie would charge the cabbies money for messages.  The pre cell phone world!  

3 hours ago, Pete said:

When the ABC TV Network cancelled the series after 6 episodes, ABC entertainment president Tony Thomopoulos claimed it was because "the viewer had to watch it in order to appreciate it." TV Guide magazine would condemn that statement as "The most stupid reason a network ever gave for ending a series.

My God was that awesome. My kind of humor there. So difficult to follow, yet so funny.

Fantasy Island - Bills style.

Instead of Tattoo running up the tower to ring the bell and yell "Za plane! Za plane!", we'll get Flutie to run to the top of the stadium, blow the horn and yell "Za RV! Za RV!" 

Fitz could play the role of Mr. Roarke.

In episode 1, Norwood drills it down the middle.

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Married WIth Children but I'm almost certain it would suck and be nothing close to the original in today's PC climate

I think too many people believe things to be much worse then they are today. If you re-watch some of the old Married with Children episodes, they actually seem to be tamer then you would think. The most backlash it might face would be from feminist groups attacking it for the Nuddie bar. There wasn't too much that would be deemed 'Offensive'

5 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I liked Taxi a lot as well even though it was before my time.

I don’t know how some of those skits would work in the modern world though.  Like when Louie would charge the cabbies money for messages.  The pre cell phone world!  

Yeah real great... They can all sit around the garage waiting for one person to call while Uber & Lyft  cannibalize their fares.  LoL... 

That one person would be my wife because she doesnt want to load an Uber App.  That's one hell of a boring cab ride to the Walden Galleria Mall.  True story, last visit, the son and I were skiing and had the truck... She needed a lift to the mall and called a cab!  She had to tell the cabbie how to get there... He said: "Lady, I only take people to the airport."  LMAO

Riveting TV, a "Taxi" reboot in 2019 Uber Age.  Just reboot it: "Uber" and cut to @Gugny 's garage.  /smh...

?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah real great... They can all sit around the garage waiting for one person to call while Uber & Lyft  cannibalize their fares.  LoL... 

That one person would be my wife because she doesnt want to load an Uber App.  That's one hell of a boring cab ride to the Walden Galleria Mall.  True story, last visit, the son and I were skiing and had the truck... She needed a lift to the mall and called a cab!  She had to tell the cabbie how to get there... He said: "Lady, I only take people to the airport."  LMAO

Riveting TV, a "Taxi" reboot in 2019 Uber Age.  Just reboot it: "Uber" and cut to @Gugny 's garage.  /smh...

?

I hadn’t been in Manhattan in years but let’s just say as well uuh white cab drivers weren’t exactly plentiful ?

9 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Married WIth Children but I'm almost certain it would suck and be nothing close to the original in today's PC climate

Switching channels I caught some reruns on Logo which is actually the gay channel ironically.  It’s weird how a lot of that material seems tame today but still could never make it today 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Firefly.  

I don’t know.  The actors that made that soar are too ingrained in my memory to consider anyone else in the roles.  Fillion has been quoted as saying if he ever hit a gold mine, he would like to revive the series.  This to me is definitely a ‘revisit’ as opposed to a reboot.

12 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Babylon 5

A very enjoyable series.  I always liked JMS envisioned the five year story arc, and kept to it.  Sadly, it would have to be a reboot, too damn many actors from the original are now gone.