TV Shows You Want Rebooted

5 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I never cared for the television westerns when I was young, but listening to the radio versions of ‘Gunsmoke’ and ‘Have Gun...’ have been enjoyable in my old age.  ‘Have Gun...’ is unique in that the television version actually came first.  Its popularity gave rise to the radio program, where John Dehner portrayed Paladin.  Many old radio programs are masterful in how tight the stories are, due to the fact there’s no pictures occupy the listener’s attention.

I like some of the half-hour westerns like the aforementioned Have Gun, Will Travel and the old Steve McQueen Wanted Dead or Alive. The half hour drama is no longer a form that seems to be made, but it required tighter storylines. (I was aware of John Dehner taking on the role for radio after the series and its anomolous nature, but I've never listened to it.)

28 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I never cared for the television westerns when I was young, but listening to the radio versions of ‘Gunsmoke’ and ‘Have Gun...’ has been enjoyable in my old age.  ‘Have Gun...’ is unique in that the television version actually came first.  Its popularity gave rise to the radio program, where John Dehner portrayed Paladin.  Many old radio programs are masterful in how tight the stories are, due to the fact there’s no pictures to occupy the listener’s attention.

Dragnet was great on radio. The only problem is, it's hard to find them in good quality. 

2 minutes ago, bills_fan said:

Ummm...none.  I loved the original Magnum PI.  Wont dare watch a remake.  Let the networks come up with an original idea and I'll watch.  netflix seems to be doing it quite well.  Let the classics stay as classics.

Your avatar reminded me of Who’s The Boss. Liked that show as a kid.  Wouldn’t want to see it remade but think the premise of that show can still work today 

5 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Your avatar reminded me of Who’s The Boss. Liked that show as a kid.  Wouldn’t want to see it remade but think the premise of that show can still work today 

Yeah...with Gregggggggggg Williams in the Tony Danza role.  Kim Pegula as ‘Angela’.

1 hour ago, bills_fan said:

Ummm...none.  I loved the original Magnum PI.  Wont dare watch a remake.  Let the networks come up with an original idea and I'll watch.  netflix seems to be doing it quite well.  Let the classics stay as classics.

In high school I loved Magnum PI, which was in re-runs even then.  

I am a big car nut and Ferrari fan; my favorite episode of all time is when Robin Masters' nephew showed up at the house, driving a dark green Ferrari 308 to complement Magnum's red one.  

Really cool color for that car, and super rare.

This is a screen shot from the episode!

326ece9078fb7896445771eafc320276--magnum