Miami Dolphins: HC Adam Gase fired (per NFL network)

Steptide

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

You know what other coach turned around a perennial loser in year one then had a disappointing year two?

I, for one, did not find the Bill's 2018 season disappointing.  We found a young QB who can play as well as lead, confirmed our D was good and, by end of year, have two young WRs looking like they can catch - zay and foster - which is two more than we started the season with.  I'm much happier today than I was 12 months ago oddly.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Right, the great defense that went 3-13 the year before.

Yes, the 3-13 team whose defense had a reputation around the league for already being one of the most talented.

They were on the cusp and Marrone inherited that. He let it fall apart in one season. Similar in a way to McVay inheriting an incredible roster being underutilized. You already have the talent, just don’t let it fall apart.

Edited by eanyills

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

For all those clamoring for the “young, offensive minded geniuses” for HC, just remember that Gase was once thought to be that guy. They aren’t all Sean McVays.

He might still be that guy, but just isn't a good talent evaluator.  I personally think he isn't that guy, but the jury is still out 

5 minutes ago, eanyills said:

Yes, the 3-13 team whose defense had a reputation around the league for already being one of the most talented.

They were on the cusp and Marrone inherited that. He let it fall apart in one season. Similar in a way to McVay inheriting an incredible roster being underutilized. You already have the talent, just don’t let it fall apart.

Right, like McD taking over a team truly on the cusp after 9-7, 8-8, 7-9 and taking them 9-7.

1 hour ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

But the team was a dumpster fire this season and seems to be in disarray.  Khan’s decision to keep continuity will be his undoing.  If I was a Jags fan, I would be screaming this:

I didnt even have to play the video, does that mean Im getting old.

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Was he?  Hadn't heard this.

The man has enjoyed more lives than a cat as HC for the Bengals.

Can't believe he survived this long.  

Wonder if he gets a shot at HC or DC this Offseason.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Okay so Ju-Wuan James has a burner account LOL

tweet about Adam Gase: "He does not. Manning did not meet coaching. Jay cutler sucked in Chicago and Gase has not been QB whisperer but y’all give him a pass. He is a soft minded punk"

"Gase makes me queezy because he coaches with his feelings. Alpha males are not welcomed he is defending kinko being burnt like toast. Trading Landry and Thinking JD is better than JJ at RT tackle is stupid. All players are watching and no one will come to MIA with Gase"

Why you guys @OmarKelly @davehydesports let coach Gase off the hook with weak questions. Why y’all write about him but up close won’t challenge his lack of ownership on issue. I’ll wait!!!"

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Was he?  Hadn't heard this.

The man has enjoyed more lives than a cat as HC for the Bengals.

Can't believe he survived this long.  

Yep, Gase is another example of a franchise waiting one year too long to fire it's HC.  If they had fired Gase last year, it's likely that the new guy would have made a move to draft a new QB last year.  This year, the cupboard seems to be bare and their best bet might be to go after someone like Nick Foles...  

Edited by mannc

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Hard to say since Tannehill only saw the field in about half of the games Gase had coached cause he was injured. Maybe he might have helped if he had a guy who stayed on the field 

Maybe but he didn't look any better than the player we saw before he got there..you'd think SOMETHING would have improved

19 hours ago, Steptide said:

I'd be SHOCKED if the bills let him walk after one season 

It wouldn’t be a shock, really. Teams have to ask/receive permission to talk with an assistant under contract. It’s rare that a team turns down requests. Also, should a new suiter up the ante with Asst.HC or greater title than he currently holds, I haven’t seen it denied yet.

My guess is Denver (where he made his name and is highly regarded) or Cleveland.  I'd go with Cleveland as they already have their franchise QB waiting for him.  Might get a little awkward with Landry though.

20 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Yeah, Gase really did not do anything in Miami so why would he be such a hot candidate?   Then again look at Marrone in Jax why would they have hung on to him?

Well, they hung on to Bortles too. Perhaps their GM deserves some of the blame ass well. They signed Darius to overpay him as well. They are definitely not making good decisions down there.

11 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

Gase will go to Arizona and coach the Cardinals. Bank on it.

If some of the chatter regarding personality and temperament is to be believed, Gase and Rosen are muy simpatico.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/31/2018 at 10:01 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I’m convinced that Rapsheet is Gase’s agent

Big time QB prowess? Or a function of who he’s coached? Peyton who was basically his own coordinator? Tannehill is still Tannehill. But this is above my pay grade, I’m sure Ian Rapoport knows much better! 

10 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If some of the chatter regarding personality and temperament is to be believed, Gase and Rosen are muy simpatico.  ?

Whats the story behind ur comment bro? I matched Gase and the Cards because his scheme fits what Rosen does well. He jus needs to fix the OL and add a Solid west coast WR to sync with the kid.

1 hour ago, FearLess Price said:

Whats the story behind ur comment bro? I matched Gase and the Cards because his scheme fits what Rosen does well. He jus needs to fix the OL and add a Solid west coast WR to sync with the kid.

Both Gase and Rosen have spoken first, and thought second with comments.

Could be an interesting situation developing here....

Landry was laughing at Gase being fired by Miami on his twitter account but there are now rumours linking him with the Browns job...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-coaching-rumors-peyton-manning-has-interest-in-browns-getting-adam-gase-and-is-in-owners-ear/

Before we get there, though, let's point out that there is one very awkward situation here involving former Dolphins wide receiver Jarvis Landry. The wideout was traded from Miami to Cleveland this offseason and apparently didn't have a very friendly relationship with Gase, because almost immediately after Gase was fired by the Dolphins, Landry tweeted out a bunch of laughing emojis.

The intent there should be obvious: Landry is laughing at the idea of his old coach being fired. Right?? That seems to be the consensus. 

But it might not be smart, because according to Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald, the idea of Gase going to Cleveland is "a very real possibility." 

And it's realistic because, according to Mike Garafolo of NFL Media, Manning is pushing Gase in the direction of Haslam. 

On 12/31/2018 at 11:37 AM, YoloinOhio said:

For all those clamoring for the “young, offensive minded geniuses” for HC, just remember that Gase was once thought to be that guy. They aren’t all Sean McVays.

What he was known for was getting production out of Jay Cutler no one else was able to get.

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

What he was known for was getting production out of Jay Cutler no one else was able to get.

Cutler was very productive prior to Gase, in terms of stats. Gase made him less of a train wreck with turnovers and poor decisions in Chicago. They still went 6-10.

30 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

I remember the Rosen draft debacle. Whats the scoop on Gases  sitch

His interactions with reporters regarding health of the QB, and state of the team.  Editing can quite possibly cast someone in a poor light, but answers to the press regarding personnel seem snarky, bordering on ignorant.