Vegas Bettor Loses More Than $500K After the Seahawks Lose to the 49ers ?​​​​​​​

26CornerBlitz

Seahawks' stunning loss to 49ers reportedly cost one sports bettor more than $500,000

What happens in Vegas usually stays in Vegas, unless, of course, you lose more than $500,000 betting on the Seahawks, then it will probably leak out.

The Seahawks' shocking overtime loss to the 49ers on Sunday didn't just keep Seattle from clinching a playoff berth, it also cost one guy some serious money. According to ESPN.com, a bettor at MGM in Vegas was so confident that the Seahawks would win in San Francisco that he placed two money-line bets on Seattle and those bets were worth a total of $569,000. 

The first bet came in at $235,000 and with Seattle's money-line at -230, the bet would have paid out $102,225 if the Seahawks had won ($337,225). The second bet was worth $334,000 and would have paid out $133,600 in winnings ($467,600 total) on a Seattle money-line that was at -250.

In the end, the bets paid out nothing, because the Seahawks lost 26-23.

The bettor obviously seemed confident in Seattle and there's a good reason for that: Going into Sunday, the Seahawks had won nine regular-season games in a row against the 49ers AND they were playing for a chance to clinch a playoff berth.

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

I thought it was too strange of a spread. Can’t believe niners won. Funny thing is I bet on the lions and titans this week..titans at plus 3 which i thought was ridiculous. Hammered that one 

When you see a strange spread like that, there's usually a reason.

I bet on the Patriots literally for the first time ever yesterday. I had them +7 as part of a teaser where a push lost and I nailed my other picks. Everyone was wondering how the Steelers managed to beat the Patriots by a TD, little do they know it's because I had good money riding on the game.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Stupid to bet on football, much less to bet on the NFC West... that division is always pitching weird and unexpected upsets. 

Exactly. ANYONE who really follows football, let alone keeps an eye on the Seahawks, would never make that bet. Seahawks  have the ability to beat anyone...and lose to anyone...at any given time this year. Moneyline bet or not, it was a stupid bet.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I bet on the Patriots literally for the first time ever yesterday. I had them +7 as part of a teaser where a push lost and I nailed my other picks. Everyone was wondering how the Steelers managed to beat the Patriots by a TD, little do they know it's because I had good money riding on the game.

Do you mind taking them next week too? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Do you mind taking them next week too? 

Can't speak for him, but no way you lay 13 in pretty much any game at this point in the season. In spite of the whiners, the Bills are playing hard and the Pats* are half the team they used to be. 

Granted, I would stay away from the game, altogether, but Pats* -13 is a crappy bet.

45 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Thank you. If you're really unlucky at gambling, please bet on the Patriots this coming week too.  :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, HappyDays said:

NOW you bet on the pats after 17 years of this?

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Only a complete degenerate would waste that much money on betting.

Only a complete degenerate bets more than he can afford to lose gambling...HUGE difference. Money Mayweather is said to be worth at least $1B...so he is betting appx .001% of his net worth when strking a $1M on a game...dude who makes a $1000 bet with a net worth of $1m...same percentage of net worth. Neither degenerate in my mind

Now the dude who makes a $200 bet but doesn't have enough to cover car insurance if he loses??? That's a degenerate. Amount of the bet means nothing

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

Makes me feel better about my $1000 Super Bowl square that only hit for the 1st quarter once in the 17 years I've been playing it.  

(that it drives my wife nuts that I continue to play it makes it worth it)

you play a $1000 square every year??? That's pretty cool..and ballsy. How much did the quarter pay?

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Only a complete degenerate bets more than he can afford to lose gambling...HUGE difference. Money Mayweather is said to be worth at least $1B...so he is betting appx .001% of his net worth when strking a $1M on a game...dude who makes a $1000 bet with a net worth of $1m...same percentage of net worth. Neither degenerate in my mind

Now the dude who makes a $200 bet but doesn't have enough to cover car insurance if he loses??? That's a degenerate. Amount of the bet means nothing

you play a $1000 square every year??? That's pretty cool..and ballsy. How much did the quarter pay?

every square I've drawn has been 2 and 8

it was better for the Grey Cup than the Super Bowl

14 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

He could of bet on the Bills 100 times.

Not to be the grammar Nazi, but this needs to be corrected: "could have".

14 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Could of moved from San Diego to Charlotte and lose 100k on a house deal in 2012.

"Could have".

Edited by greenyellowred
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Honestly, I don't understand the appeal of gambling, at all. Outside of maybe betting a dollar or two on a billion-dollar lottery ticket once a year.

It seems wasteful.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Honestly, I don't understand the appeal of gambling, at all. Outside of maybe betting a dollar or two on a billion-dollar lottery ticket once a year.

It seems wasteful.

It's usually not a good idea to call people "degenerates" who do something you readily admit you don't understand.  And lottery tickets aren't gambling -- they are, literally, the equivalent of throwing money in the garbage can.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

It's usually not a good idea to call people "degenerates" who do something you readily admit you don't understand.  And lottery tickets aren't gambling -- they are, literally, the equivalent of throwing money in the garbage can.

I said I don't understand it's APPEAL. Try englishing sometime.

I understand how it works. But please, go on and continue with your ill-informed responses.

Edited by Joe in Winslow