Josh Allen’s Adjusted Completion Percentage = 72.7%

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They are.  I can't stop staring at her hair.  Do you think she rinses and repeats?

I think you have to repeat to get that  kind of full and bouncy results. Conditioning cannot be overrated. 

I didn't see too many errant passes in the Lions game.  This while completion % has gotten out of hand.  I'm sure he could trot out there next week and just settle for check downs instead of throwing to the sticks and run the ball out of bounds instead of throwing it away while being pressured and get himself over 60%.  There were some pretty damned good throws from the pocket he made this past game.  When the line gives him time he's pretty good just like all NFL qbs should be.

9 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

One person could say in context that THE LIONS are the 2nd worst Defense against the pass.  And going against such a bad defense the Bills offenses barley squeezes out 200 yards and a 50% completion percentage.  That’s not very good, right?

One could say that, but I'm wondering what basis they would have for saying that. 

Lions #11 vs pass for yards given up

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WhyteDwarf said:

He's pretty much stayed at 50% completion the whole season, so no, not really. He may be getting better at progressions, but he's still completing too low a percentage. I know most people want to blame the "trash" that surrounds him, but that is too convienient a crutch if you ask me.

Is there any way t negative rep this post?

OK dwarf.....which what your handle before you got banished from tsw the first time?   Just admit who you are

We hate stats until we find the right metric..

Stafford has a better QBR than Allen: STATS ARE BS THEY DON'T MEASURE GUTSS

Allen has a better adjusted completion position: THIS EQUALLY OBSCURE MEASUREMENT MEANS EVERYTHINGG

He's good.. I get it. He passes the EYE TEST gentleman we watch the games and we like what we see why are we seeking validation from anyone else until those wins start rolling with a better supporting caste that turns this adjusted completion % into real completion %. Because one is real. The world will find out soon when that happens.

OP be getting 30 rep points in 20 minutes I'm jelly.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

All these metrics are cool for some people. I think people that don’t actually watch the games but want to just figure out who is good by reading some ***** stats love this stuff. That’s what baseball mostly is now. A bunch of guys who have never held a bat, telling you that a strike out is the same as a ground ball out. Even though a ball in play moves a runner and puts pressure on a fielder to field and make throw. If you watch the games, you know who is good. It’s really not as complicated as people make it. Analytics are something that can help but people are going way overboard with it. Allen has been pretty good. He needs to work on ball placement but he’s young. It’s going in the right direction.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

All these metrics are cool for some people. I think people that don’t actually watch the games but want to just figure out who is good by reading some ***** stats love this stuff. That’s what baseball mostly is now. A bunch of guys who have never held a bat, telling you that a strike out is the same as a ground ball out. Even though a ball in play moves a runner and puts pressure on a fielder to field and make throw. If you watch the games, you know who is good. It’s really not as complicated as people make it. Analytics are something that can help but people are going way overboard with it. Allen has been pretty good. He needs to work on ball placement but he’s young. It’s going in the right direction.

Absolutely. We watch every JA game for chrissakes. We know he has many dropped balls. We know his QBR and for that matter this metric doesn't mean squatm we just know he's a good football player nuff said

3 hours ago, WhyteDwarf said:

He's pretty much stayed at 50% completion the whole season, so no, not really. He may be getting better at progressions, but he's still completing too low a percentage. I know most people want to blame the "trash" that surrounds him, but that is too convienient a crutch if you ask me.

You fell into a trap circle jerk thread you fool. No wrong opinions allowed. Adjusted stats don't lie. /s 

If you seek rep points look no further than the OP

But seriously this ain't the thread to voice JA criticism lol

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

She puts the bust in AllenWillBust

You should see Allen's adjusted package metric. It's #1 in the league

Even beating out Joe Webb. Crazy statline unearthed.

Eye test tells me he's got the it factor.

That he's developing nicely. 

That he's a lot like Philip Rivers in intensity and has the running capability of Cam when he was peak running Cam.

That his arm is the best I've ever seen.

AND, he has the worst offensive line, supporting cast in the league.

How did Rosen do at home vs Detroit with David Johnson and Larry Fitz?

The "Anybody but Allen" fans need to understand.....we want you on board.  It's ok you wanted Darnold or Rosen or maybe Jackson.  Get over it it's ok.  We do not care.

The sports clowns on local radio?  They think they're right about everything.  And to be so wrong on this is eating at them its comical.  I guess you should have been prepared for the possibility they could pick Allen.

Here in DC area, the fans I talk to are calling him legit.  They're envious.  My Redskins fan buddy says flat out Allen is one of the most fun players to watch.  Stop watching like he should be perfect.  If he were playing at a 60 percent completion clip with 250 yards a game I think you could argue we definitely would have a HOF on our hands.  It's ok that he's not.  We have our QB.  Hearing him interviewed yesterday sealed it for me.  It was so dam refreshing he sounded exactly like Rivers.  

I dont think everyone realizes what could be happening here.  Hopefully.  What's sad is the Never Allens in the media continue with the passive aggressive digs and dont want to enjoy it.  They want to be right!!  Clowns.

Edited by Big Blitz

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

One could say that, but I'm wondering what basis they would have for saying that. 

Lions #11 vs pass for yards given up

Oh it was posted in another thread.  best/worst defenses against the pass according to QB rating.

They had Lions at 31st in the league.

so yeah...one could say that.  But I wouldn’t want you to take it personally.  Everyone love Josh around here.

12 hours ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I think you need to stop calling me a ***** troll *****.  Just because I don't agree with you.

I'm 3 pages into this thread... you're clearly a troll who's practiced here before under a different moniker, previously.

So, what's your previous username?

12 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Most Tyrod fans don't like Josh.   

Eddie-Murphy-Nope-WTF.gif

9 hours ago, One Buffalo said:

Here is a good excerpt from Matt Fairburn's article on Foster in The Athletic (subscription) -  https://theathletic.com/717759/2018/12/16/that-boy-is-balling-robert-fosters-historic-production-sparks-bills-win-inspires-fellow-rookies/

Sifting through a damn thread that gets up to 11 pages and I expect to see some really interesting conversation.

Instead I find a Troll's argument.

That said, this is a nice nugget in the midst of that Troll's trolling.

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I posted this GIF for two reasons. 

1. Because it's an approval nod and I approve you post.

2. I'm sure you I don't have to tell you.

Katy Perry Approves

Is this what hypnosis feels like?

7 hours ago, RememberTheRockpile said:

Obviously not true.

502525746_ClayDrop.thumb.jpg.a26d5861c55e418989147933742f58e2.jpg

Running to the ball would have carried him out of the endzone before he secured the catch, he would have had to try to get back across the line and probably didn't know if anyone was behind him.  It's physics, go learn some.

He still should have run to the ball.  Also, if it was a better throw, he would not have had to, TD, Bills win.

6 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

But seriously this ain't the thread to voice JA criticism lol

I know, it's a thread about fudging Allen's numbers, because the real numbers aren't looking so good :)

Edited by WhyteDwarf

15 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

Running to the ball would have carried him out of the endzone before he secured the catch, he would have had to try to get back across the line and probably didn't know if anyone was behind him.  It's physics, go learn some.

He still should have run to the ball.  Also, if it was a better throw, he would not have had to, TD, Bills win.

I know, it's a thread about fudging Allen's numbers, because the real numbers aren't looking so good :)

You don't understand statistics.  It's very clear from your posts.  Most people don't.  You're just another guy who cherry picks crap stats to buttress your preconceived notion that Allen won't succeed.

1 hour ago, WhyteDwarf said:

So now you're going to move the goal post with pure speculation. You said:

Clay would have had to come out of the endzone to catch that ...

The video evidence shows quite clearly you are wrong. Your response to the video evidence shows everybody how pathetic you are.

5 minutes ago, RememberTheRockpile said:

So now you're going to move the goal post with pure speculation. You said:

The video evidence shows quite clearly you are wrong. Your response to the video evidence shows everybody how pathetic you are.

Another one who didn't take physics in school.  Thanks for raising your hand.

11 hours ago, WhyteDwarf said:

Not sure what these women have to do with Josh Allen, you guys are weird. She's pretty cute though.

She?  How old are you?  

You are either very young or very very old.   

14 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

Another one who didn't take physics in school.  Thanks for raising your hand.

What banned member are you?   

I mean, who hasn't been banned at one time or another?  

20 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Rosen’s personnel is better and he has less wins.

I am not a Rosen guy and have predicted that he will underwhelm.  However, the Cardinals literally have been without ALL five starters on their oline most of the year.  They have a couple guys starting who had been bagging groceries before getting the call.  I’m not sure they have better personnel.

19 hours ago, thurst44 said:

He's also 4-5 as a rookie with a team that has been favored in 2 out of 14 games, is 4-4 in games he completed, and with a team that is 1-5 when any other QB has played a significant time. 

There's nothing definitive yet, but it's a pretty promising start to a career.

I find it hard not to be excited about the upcoming prospects of a team who overachieved its (admittedly negligible) expectations with an exciting, dynamic young QB, a top defense with most if not all likely returning next year, an abundance of salary cap room and draft picks. 

I continue to believe Allen’s completion pct is a concern, but I am very open to the idea that more time, and an upgraded roster will help.  The debate won’t be decided until next year when the Bills have invested in the roster like the Bears did for Trubisky this past offseason

19 hours ago, eball said:

Actually 4-4 in games he started and finished.  He left in the 3rd Q of the Houston game with the Bills trailing 10-3.  The Bills scored a FG on the drive on which he was injured to make it 10-6, then we know what happened afterwards.  QB wins and losses are solely based upon who started the game so it is what it is, but Allen had the Bills "in position" when he was hurt.

All of that nonsense aside, when you look at the talent around him on offense for Allen to be essentially a .500 QB in his rookie season is impressive (to me).  The "problem" with Josh Allen is that so many people are completely invested in him being a bust because they didn't like his "advanced stats" predictors that they will continue to look for the negatives until he wins an MVP or throws for 40 TDs with an 80% completion percentage.  It's sad.

The “problem” is that the stat predictors all said his completion pct would be low.  His completion pct is low.  It’s THE entire issue around Allen then and it still is.  It’s not as if people are nitpicking this issue.  This is what the concern was coming in.

19 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Throwing it 40 yards downfield plus another 30 yards across the field from across his body? Kind of hard to put that on him. Could it have been better? Sure I guess but how many NFL QBs actually get that ball anywhere close?

Mahomes.  ?

If if anyone cares to refute these points, your argument carries more weight when it includes graphic depictions of big.     Glasses.......and voluminous........hair.

Edited by Zerovotlz
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, WhyteDwarf said:

Hey my post about Allen having the #1 adjusted package on the league doesn't fudge numbers though. Between his and Joe webbs it's clearly a metric we should be using

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, WhyteDwarf said:

There isnt a player in the NFL that makes a better pass there.  Maybe Rodgers?  Maybe Mahomes?  Not likely.  What happens instead for Rodgers  Graham makes that catch.  For Mahomes Kelce makes that catch.  Run back to the ball.  Catch the ball on the 2.  If you dont get in there is still 30 secs to spike it and get 2 more cracks at it.  What about the play before it were Jones drops a back shoulder fade that hit him in the stomach?

What makes me optimistic is not any stat or advanced metric.  He is the first Qb in a long time here that throws the team on his back and competes.  Allen does not have the aid of a good or above average Offensive line.  Allen does not have the aid of a competent running game.  He does not have a wealth of above average pass catchers.  How about the cliche a good QB makes those around him better?  Foster cleared waivers 10 weeks ago every other team in the NFL said no thank you.   He is now top in the NFL in yards per catch and has multiple 100 yard games.  McKenzie has been cut multiple times, thought of as a return man only.  After the last few weeks looks like a pretty nice slot wr.  

21 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

There isnt a player in the NFL that makes a better pass there.  Maybe Rodgers?  Maybe Mahomes?  Not likely.  What happens instead for Rodgers  Graham makes that catch.  For Mahomes Kelce makes that catch.  Run back to the ball.  Catch the ball on the 2.  If you dont get in there is still 30 secs to spike it and get 2 more cracks at it.  What about the play before it were Jones drops a back shoulder fade that hit him in the stomach?

I agree that there were things Clay should have done to make the catch.  However, for those saying the there was nothing wrong with the throw, I disagree.  

Just now, WhyteDwarf said:

I agree that there were things Clay should have done to make the catch.  However, for those saying the there was nothing wrong with the throw, I disagree.  

Its wasnt I deal.  You do have to take into account context.  Full speed running straight, stopping and throwing to the right corner of the endzone from the far side numbers about 40 yards in the air without feet or shoulders square is a 12 on a scale of 1 to 10 difficulty.  Allen is one of 3 players in the sport who could pull that off.  

4 hours ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I'm neither very old or very young, however I don't know who either women is.  I'm very selective with the entertainment I consume.

Katy Perry  that's who both women are.  

If you had a pre teen or teenage daughter or neighbors with them in the last decade you would know. 

She kissed a girl and she liked it.  

Did you watch the SB in 2015? 

la-et-ms-katy-perry-super-bowl-halftime-   462639580.jpg  Katy-Perry-Super-Bowl-Halftime-Show-640x

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Katy Perry  that's who both women are.  

If you had a pre teen or teenage daughter or neighbors with them in the last decade you would know. 

She kissed a girl and she liked it.  

Did you watch the SB in 2015? 

la-et-ms-katy-perry-super-bowl-halftime-   462639580.jpg  Katy-Perry-Super-Bowl-Halftime-Show-640x

He also didnt seem to understand GIFs, has he been on the internet before yesterday? LOL

39 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

What makes me optimistic is not any stat or advanced metric.  He is the first Qb in a long time here that throws the team on his back and competes.  Allen does not have the aid of a good or above average Offensive line.  Allen does not have the aid of a competent running game.  He does not have a wealth of above average pass catchers.  How about the cliche a good QB makes those around him better?  Foster cleared waivers 10 weeks ago every other team in the NFL said no thank you.   He is now top in the NFL in yards per catch and has multiple 100 yard games.  McKenzie has been cut multiple times, thought of as a return man only.  After the last few weeks looks like a pretty nice slot wr.  

I think that is unfair to Fitz. Fitz didn't do it consistently but without much talent around him (especially at receiver) he took the team on his back and Fitzmagic'd us some wins. Obviously I think Allen has potential to do it better and consistently.... but Fitz played with fire, took the team on his back and led us down the field to win games too and he was as competitive as hell.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Oh, a pop singer, yeah, no wonder why.  I don't keep up on those...

Yeah, I watch every SB, but never watch the halftime show.

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

He also didnt seem to understand GIFs, has he been on the internet before yesterday? LOL

Nah, I know what Gif's are, I just didn't know what either of them had to do with football.