Josh Allen’s Adjusted Completion Percentage = 72.7%

Interesting quote from Mike Rodak over at ESPN.  People with an anti-Josh Allen agenda (Bill Barnwell, Mike Schopp, Cian Fahey) want to use his completion % to try to confirm their bias that “he sucks.”   But his adjusted completion percentage, which actually provides context, shows that his performance was a bit stronger than his stats:

Edited by Phil The Thrill
  • Like (+1) 6

It's all about context, and while I normally don't like to give Rodak the time of day, I am appreciative he filled his blog with something useful for a change. 

6 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

But didn't he also say when you adjust all other QB's completion percentage in the same manner Allen is 23rd on the list?  YAY?

ninth best this week...let's stay positive and note it's all trending in the right direction. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Just stop all the nonsense. The bottom line is Allen is a winner. He will make the Bills Offense relevant and the Franchise relevant. If you can't see that, then I suggest you should go back to watching professional bowling.

• Like (+1) 16
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 11

15 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

It's all about context, and while I normally don't like to give Rodak the time of day, I am appreciative he filled his blog with something useful for a change. 

I was just thinking, anytime someone uses the word “context” I just have to ask...who is your rooting interest in whatever side you are pushing for?  ? 

one of the writers for the BN even brought up the point that Allen’s overall completion % dropped as s result of yesterday...BUT he slyly added you need “context”.

One person could say in context that THE LIONS are the 2nd worst Defense against the pass.  And going against such a bad defense the Bills offenses barley squeezes out 200 yards and a 50% completion percentage.  That’s not very good, right?

another could say the team is run by a rookie with literally no starting nfl talent on it.  So to get what they got is a positive!

Context!

i am beginning to beleive ALLEN is going to be one of the most fascinating and polarizing QBs we have ever had in Buffalo and NFL.

what I mean is...there is enough paradoy in the league and week to week, that his athleticism will be able to hero ball/power the team victories, BUT ALLEN seemingly being that boom/bust style of QB will always lead his critics back to his passing stats when the team loses games.

it should make for amazing radio and message boArd debates!

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

But didn't he also say when you adjust all other QB's completion percentage in the same manner Allen is 23rd on the list?  YAY?

Yea, you got a point. I personally am just so encouraged by the type of throws he made and is continuing to make and the poise he shows in the pocket and of course his insane rushing ability and maybe most importantly, he trusts him arm and throwing ability, which is not common for a rookie. That was against the 11th best pass D , in terms of yards per game, and last week they held Rosen to 0 TD and a pick 6

Edited by JerseyBills

2 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I was just thinking, anytime someone uses the word “context” I just have to ask...who is your rooting interest in whatever side you are pushing for?  ? 

one of the writers for the BN even brought up the point that Allen’s overall completion % dropped as s result of yesterday...BUT he slyly added you need “context”.

One person could say in context that THE LIONS are the 2nd worst Defense against the pass.  And going against such a bad defense the Bills offenses barley squeezes out 200 yards and a 50% completion percentage.

another could say the team is run by a rookie with literally no starting nfl talent on it.  Context!

i am beginning to beleive ALLEN is going to be one of the most fascinating and polarizing QBs we have ever had in Buffalo and NFL.

what I mean is...there is enough paradoy and his athleticism will be able to hero ball/power his way to victories but his seemingly being the type of boom/bust QB will always lead his critics back to his stats when he loses games.

it should make for amazing radio and message boArd debates!

This is actually a really nice post. I like it. What everyone isn't talking enough about is we have the worst WR core in the league.

Also people outside Buffalo forget how bad our Offensive line is?

I think people also forget how beat up the Lions front 7 is/

CONTEXT!

well said

3 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

He's 4-5 as a starter right?

If someone with a 200+ posts said this I would ask why this matters this year? but looking at the amount of posts you have, one would ask? is this a troll?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Rookie stats are meaningless to me.   

It's all about the eye test, and he's looking really good so far.    Above all else, does your qb have a knack for finding a way to make a play?   That's the stat you can't measure.

Amen....anyone who can't see that he's a budding star is blind.  If we re-drafted today and we had the #1 overall pick, would anyone really suggest the Bills would have taken anyone else?

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

This is actually a really nice post. I like it. What everyone isn't talking enough about is we have the worst WR core in the league.

Also people outside Buffalo forget how bad our Offensive line is?

I think people also forget how beat up the Lions front 7 is/

CONTEXT!

well said

If someone with a 200+ posts said this I would ask why this matters this year? but looking at the amount of posts you have, one would ask? is this a troll?

Just trying to understand your definition of "winner".  To me, it means winning more than losing.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

Just stop all the nonsense. The bottom line is Allen is a winner. He will make the Bills Offense relevant and the Franchise relevant. If you can't see that, then I suggest you should go back to watching professional bowling.

Exactly, stats are for losers.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhyteDwarf said:

Just trying to understand your definition of "winner".  To me, it means winning more than losing.

he is 4-5 because of the trash out there we have catching the ball

he is 4-5 because he is a rookie

he is 4-5 because he is RAW talent with much to learn

he is 4-5 because of the trash offensive line we have.

Most Bills fans get this, A troll on the other hand would point out stupid facts like this,. Thus one would wonder.. With the amount of posts you have saying "He's 4-5 as a starter right?" is going to make people think you are a troll.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

20 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

Fair point. 

Honestly though I think too much stock is placed in QBR. I like to see if we won or lost. We won with Allen and if you break down the game he was a big reason why we won.

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

he is 4-5 because of the trash out there we have catching the ball

he is 4-5 because he is a rookie

he is 4-5 because he is RAW talent with much to learn

he is 4-5 because of the trash offensive line we have.

Most Bills fans get this, A troll on the other hand would point out stupid facts like this,. Thus one would wonder.. With the amount of posts you have saying "He's 4-5 as a starter right?" is going to make people think you are a troll.

IMO he's more of a "gamer" or "baller" than winner at this point in time. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Interesting quote from Mike Rodak over at ESPN.  People with an anti-Josh Allen agenda (Bill Barnwell, Mike Schopp, Cian Fahey) want to use his completion % to try to confirm their bias that “he sucks.”   But his adjusted completion percentage, which actually provides context, shows that his performance was a bit stronger than his stats:

So 3 ignorant non athletes spewing nonsense about an athletes abilities and results are about as useless as teets on a bull. These 3 guys are clowns who's opinions should NEVER be taken seriously.

• Like (+1) 2