Week 10 Bills @ Jets first half thread

Just now, NoSaint said:

Why must fans always fall in this trap 

If the plan was not playing JA too early behind a competent vet backup and we've seen 1 game of Barkley being just that.. why not get back to that plan and see what Barkley has seeing as we are not playing for anything.

But I personally want to start Allen as much as possible when healthy just to know. And with all our cap we talk about, why not keep Barkley for another year as opposed to going back to the next offseason with Peterman and JA (I'd be livid). I'm alright if they find another vet in FA they want but we need someone like that and Barkley's finally meeting the bill.. for 1 half thus far lol.

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

Hmmm, could Matt Barkley pull a Case Keenum?  Keenum was a journeyman who did little during the early years of his career.  Then he arrived in Minneapolis a year and a half ago.  I think Buffalo is still counting on Allen, but it's interesting to consider.

The Vikings were  a stacked team, Diggs, Thilen, and Rudolph and a decent set of RB's, even the Vikings O-line put together a decent season combine that was a great defense and Keenum was able to put together a storybook season. Barkley doesn't have the same type of circumstances. 

1 minute ago, eanyills said:

I’d be fine with cutting Anderson and Peterman and letting Barkley stay as backup.

He appears to get the mental side of the game and has good mechanics, the things Allen needs help with. What Barkley doesn’t have is the physical tools, which doesn’t matter as much for what we need.

It's one game and he hasn't played in forever so they have no tape on him. I can see Peterman getting cut...but then McD loves him some Peterman so who knows

Just now, matter2003 said:

They havent been bad on defense tho...Miami scored 6 offensive points last week

From what I've seen of the Jets defense, they're good.  I would not have guessed the Bills - especially with Barkley and other changes - would play like this.

Fun to see though!!  I don't care if it hurts our draft position right now... we as fans NEEDED the shot in the arm.  Losing seasons are a sucky thing.

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Vikings were  a stacked team, Diggs, Thilen, and Rudolph and a decent set of RB's, even the Vikings O-line put together a decent season combine that was a great defense and Keenum was able to put together a storybook season. Barkley doesn't have the same type of circumstances. 

I mean he's doing better by that logic. Career Renaissance with a team virtually opposite in weapons? Sign me up.