Everyone that wanted TT gone, we told you

Dadonkadonk

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm guessing you have this opinion but at the same time give McDermott credit for ending the drought.

Taking Nate over Taylor. I'm just not even going to go there. How anyone could say that makes me question a lot about them.

I’m totally on the fence when it comes to McDermott still. I got enough patience to give it one more year and see how they manage the roster and new talent. And as I said on other replies I’ll take anyone over Tyrod. His last 2 seasons here I have never been more frustrated watching a player. Good guy, hard worker, but not a quarterback in this league. Yes I know Nate is not a nfl quarterback as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m totally on the fence when it comes to McDermott still. I got enough patience to give it one more year and see how they manage the roster and new talent. And as I said on other replies I’ll take anyone over Tyrod. His last 2 seasons here I have never been more frustrated watching a player. Good guy, hard worker, but not a quarterback in this league. Yes I know Nate is not a nfl quarterback as well. 

That's fair enough. I can't agree with it, I'll never say Peterman is better than Tyrod. But I agree, Tyrod is not a franchise QB. We just are at different levels of frustration with Tyrod.

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

March 9th will always be celebrated in my household.

Tyrod Taylor is a bad person and a worse QB.

...... or maybe my expectations are unfairly high because ......

Nah.

Joke of the day, perhaps?

....gain some perspective, for your own sake.

1 minute ago, 87168 said:

Joke of the day, perhaps?

....gain some perspective, for your own sake.

Anyone who pulls out the race card is a scumbag.  He's a scumbag.

Set the bar higher, for your own sake.

Just now, Gugny said:

Oh yea anyone who talks about a matter that likely doesn't affect you,  or an experience that you've never lived, is a scumbag...that makes sense. 

Your hood is showing

Just now, 87168 said:

Oh yea anyone who talks about a matter that likely doesn't affect you,  or an experience that you've never lived, is a scumbag...that makes sense. 

Your hood is showing

You're right ... I've never sucked at my job, then blamed others for it due to my being a minority.

I look forward to meeting you someday so I can see the look on your face when you realize how stupid you are for trying to connect me with the KKK.

Have a splendid day, sir.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm pretty sure, I could be wrong. But that story was created way after the fact.

He said certain comments about being a black QB in a buffalo news story in August, people trotted them out after the Peterman LA game to create a story.

He never said I was benched because I was black.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

You're right ... I've never sucked at my job, then blamed others for it due to my being a minority.

I look forward to meeting you someday so I can see the look on your face when you realize how stupid you are for trying to connect me with the KKK.

Race baiters gonna race bait.

Just now, joesixpack said:

Race baiters gonna race bait.

In the other posters defense he wasn't the one who brought up race, or said Tyrod was a bad person...

But he's the race baiter? I think the your hood is showing comment was a bit much, but I don't think he's a race baiter.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

TT never "sucked" at his, especially in comparison to what the FO has trotted out onto the field this year.

when you spew nonsense and call another human "scum" because an a opposing view, based off their experiences...then ok.

I really have no desire to meet you, but thanks.  you as well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

In the other posters defense he wasn't the one who brought up race, or said Tyrod was a bad person...

But he's the race baiter? I think the your hood is showing comment was a bit much, but I don't think he's a race baiter.

That's a race-baity comment. "If you disagree with me, you're a racist."

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't. I think calling another person "scum" is a bit much. also, i didn't bring up race, or show my anger because it's being discussed.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

you should sharpen your comprehension skill.

2 minutes ago, 87168 said:

I don't. I think calling another person "scum" is a bit much. also, i didn't bring up race, or show my anger because it's being discussed.

you should sharpen your comprehension skill.

I shared my opinion of Tyrod Taylor based on facts, one of which being that he whipped out the race card when the going got tough.  Irrefutable.

You then accused me of being a racist because you don't agree with my opinion of Tyrod Taylor - as a person or as a QB.

You, sir, need to sharpen your comprehension skills.  Good day.

4 minutes ago, 87168 said:

No that's totally fair. I don't think he should have called you scum, and the whole look up on your face was a bit much.

I'm just going to leave this conversation because I'm trying to see both sides and I feel like rather than achieving that I'm pissing off two good posters.

I agree with your view on Tyrod and think Gugny went with the story on Tyrod that circulated with quotes from August published after his benching. It was done with the intenion to make it look like he was playing the race card. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

Whether it's TT or someone else, most veteran backups would have this team playing .500 football. I don't agree that Beane or anyone else should be fired but Peterman is nothing more than a practice squad QB. Trotting him out as a starter has turned this into another lost season. Maybe that's inconsequential mid - regime but sooner or later a franchise has to learn how to win and close games psychologically. Whatever momentum we got from being a playoff team last year has been squandered. 

8 hours ago, Boludo said:

No, the goal is not to win a super bowl. The goal is to become a good solid middling franchise, and not a perennial laughing stock.

They're not going to be the Patriots or Steelers or Packers, that's a fantasy - but they can realistically elevate out of the cellar and not be lumped in with the likes of the Browns.

That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. You go ask anyone in the organization if their long term goal is to win a SB and they will say yeah

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Lol are you calling me a race baiter there? I'm not really sure what to do with that post or what your point is.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

8 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

We told you this would happen.  TT protected the ball and kept them in most games.  The most notable exception being the Saints game last year - but the defense gave up 300 yards rushing too.  We told you Peterman was garbage. We told you a rookie was going to throw more INTs.  Now you see how awful the talent is on this team.  

The defense is good enough to be .500 with a QB that isn't killing them.  Yes the OL is worse this year than last.  

Bit this disaster of a season sitsd squarely on the shoulders of Beane. He traded away Watkins and TT. He traded away Glenn. He replaced Wood with garbage. He replaced Incognito with a septic tank.

Beane has to go.  McD can stay another year.  I will still defend trading down and getting White and an extra #1.  Mahomes would not be putting up thje stats he is in KC with these idiots at OC and with the players Beane has surrounded his QB with.

We told you this would happen and it has.  

Now listen to us again.  Beane has got to go.  He can not be trusted with another off season of free agency and the draft. 

Do you not understand that McDermott is calling the shots? Why do people have such an infatuation with McClappy? He is in charge and Beane is his toady.  If you want one gone you must want both gone.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

"You" told us what? 

That he'd be benched by game 3?   "You" NAILED IT!!! 

This, above.

I will say this: yes, I think that it's true that Tyrod WAS  probably more valuable to the Bills than to any other team in the league, but that's simply an embarrassing, pitiful consequence of:

(1) the 1970s dinosaur relic coach that we have, who somehow architects a QB stat line of 31/49 for 189 and 3 INTs (!?!) and claims he needs to watch the film to figure out his a** from his elbow; and

(2) our presumed franchise QB being currently unavailable.

Tyrod is conservative, well-mannered, positive, polite, a good "culture guy"... and hopelessly mediocre.   Perfect for McD, not for any other legit NFL coach.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Worst QB in NFL history is how you do it.

i like your idea of improving. But it would probably be better to not dump the guy you can win with until you have something better. Clearly we don't and did not improve.  HUGE FAIL. Inexcusable IMHO.

I'd step into the one that results in way more wins and playoffs.

They werent paying him $16 million. They probably didn't even have the cap room with all that dead cap space. They planned ror being bad just maybe not this bad on offense. Coaches always overestimate their ability to "coach guys up" and get production from them. At some point you have to have talent somewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

My mind is blown how people justify how bad this offense is. 

“Well it’s a rebuild. Didn’t you know that in a rebuild you are supposed to have a historically bad offense?.... DUH!” 

They don't get it no matter how many times you point it out.

At this point, I'm questioning if they understand what historically means.

12 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

We told you this would happen.  TT protected the ball and kept them in most games.  The most notable exception being the Saints game last year - but the defense gave up 300 yards rushing too.  We told you Peterman was garbage. We told you a rookie was going to throw more INTs.  Now you see how awful the talent is on this team.  

The defense is good enough to be .500 with a QB that isn't killing them.  Yes the OL is worse this year than last.  

Bit this disaster of a season sitsd squarely on the shoulders of Beane. He traded away Watkins and TT. He traded away Glenn. He replaced Wood with garbage. He replaced Incognito with a septic tank.

Beane has to go.  McD can stay another year.  I will still defend trading down and getting White and an extra #1.  Mahomes would not be putting up thje stats he is in KC with these idiots at OC and with the players Beane has surrounded his QB with.

Now listen to us again.  Beane has got to go.  He can not be trusted with another off season of free agency and the draft. 

The point I often tried to make (and was shot down) was that Tyrod made the OL look better than they really were. Then of course we lost Incog and Wood and the bottom completely fell out. Couple that with lousy receivers and what a surprise, our rookie QB is injured.

Not bad enough? Lets give a functional McCarron the boot and keep Peterman. But just in case, lets bring in an 80 year old qb who never was any good and put him behind center there with no blocking and no tools. Sounds about right, no?

Yep, this is the 2018 Bills.

If I said it once I've said it 1,000 times: Bills Fans are the best fans of any team in any sport. Who else would put up with this?

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Well keeping Taylor would have prevented us from signing a truly useful player....like Trent Murphy. :w00t:

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

This team would never get to the next level with TT here.  Everyone knows that.  Come on man.

No, but if you weren't going to start the rookie QB you'd have an experienced vet in front of him. A good role model albeit a flawed QB.

9 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

He really is lighting it up on the Browns Bench isnt he????

9 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I’d still take him over Tyrod, poor Nate is shell shocked. His careers over as well. Nobody recovers from his disastrous start to his career. But the last two years of Tyrod were more frustrating for me to watch than this train wreck we have this year. 

Apart from the 3 exciting plays he’d make with his legs every game I’ve never hated a quarterback more than Taylor. Good guy, hard worker, just made me wanna rip my hair out every single game. 

The Bills offense in 2016 was their best offense this century through week 16 (Taylor didn't play in week 17).

42 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He really is lighting it up on the Browns Bench isnt he????

Not really the point at all, but carry on!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

March 9th will always be celebrated in my household.

Tyrod Taylor is a bad person and a worse QB.

...... or maybe my expectations are unfairly high because ......

Nah.

This is ridiculous. Why is he a bad person? If you don't have specifics that credibly show him to be a bad person (using a reasonably standard definition), you should retract that.

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

2003 was thier best team but hey. 

You're thinking of 2002, not 03. Going into the final week, they were 7th in points, 10th in yards, and were at a league-record tying level for fewest turnovers.  They finished 11th in both yards and points in 2002, so you're incorrect.

Edit: in 2016, they finished 10th in offensive DVOA (if memory serves, they were at 6th or 7th before the final game). They finished 18th in offensive DVOA in 2002. People forget how bad that offense was in the second half of that season. Bledsoe had 8 tds, 10 ints, and a bunch of fumbles over the final 8 games of that year. 

Edited by dave mcbride

10 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Ultimately the goal is to win a super bowl. Tyrod will never get any team to a super bowl barring some amazing play from defense, ST and a rushing attack. Our goal wasn’t to be 7-9 to 9-7 every year hoping we squeak into the playoffs. 

Peterman won’t either get us a SB neither . But Peterman will help us get a high draft pick then we can move forward. Sometimes you need to take a few steps back before you can improve the previous status quo

This is idiotic. KC knew they could never win a SB with Alex Smith but they were smart enough to keep him until they had something better.