Bring in Huey Jackon as OC

38 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

He obviously failed as a HC. But we need an OC, and he needs a job. Git r Done Beanie!

What do you think he would bring to the table? He had a much more talented team in Cleveland and was terrible. I think Daboll could be good with what we all hope is much more talent on the offensive side of the ball next season

47 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Bills fans sure do love horrible coaches.

Funny thing, I've been on record here saying I would love to pick up failed head coaches as our coordinators as they tend to pan out well (i.e. Schwartz, Wade Phillips, Mike Pettine, granted all defensive i know). But even so, Hue Jackson would not be one of the failed HCs I would pick up. Ever. 

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

He obviously failed as a HC. But we need an OC, and he needs a job. Git r Done Beanie!

this isn't a terrible idea.  My first thought is Haley, but he is a serious nutjob.  Jackson was good in Cincy.  Some coordinators are bad HC's (Josh McDaniels, Dick Lebou).   But I think I'd rather try one of the assistants from the Rams first. 

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

this isn't a terrible idea.  My first thought is Haley, but he is a serious nutjob.  Jackson was good in Cincy.  Some coordinators are bad HC's (Josh McDaniels, Dick Lebou).   But I think I'd rather try one of the assistants from the Rams first. 

Rex Ryan

Wade Phillips.

The problem with guys like this, is they're X/O geniuses. But being a HC includes much more than just knowing football. Personnel management is a huge part of it. 

4 minutes ago, BmarvB said:

Hue is a good OC. Just not a head coach. Think of guys like Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, Josh McDaniels, Rex Ryan etc..... They're better coordinators than head coaches.

Putting Jackson, as an OC, next to Turner and McDaniels is a riot!

The legend of Hue Jackson knows no natural boundaries!!

IF one watches the all-22 Daboll is good... the players suck.  Every time I watch it,  I generally see receivers who can't get open and require a perfect pass to make things work.  I also see IF the receivers happen to get open they are downfield and the QB is frazzled.

Somewhere years ago I read that Hue was a smart with Xs and Os and a good motivator.  But his act wore thin after a while because he could be less than sincere with his players and many of them would decide after a while that ultimately Hue was mostly interested in Hue. 

I don't know the man and hate to judge but the article influenced my thinking, especially when I read today that Baker Mayfield wasn't sad to see him go.  

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

Somewhere years ago I read that Hue was a smart with Xs and Os and a good motivator.  But his act wore thin after a while because he could be less than sincere with his players and many of them would decide after a while that ultimately Hue was mostly interested in Hue. 

I don't know the man and hate to judge but the article influenced my thinking, especially when I read today that Baker Mayfield wasn't sad to see him go.  

and there ya have it.