Tyrod Taylor frustrated by benching, won’t rule out trade request

YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

yeah under 100 is the where it's at for a frencheyes. 

come on guys.  you cant make fun of TT when you root for this team.  LOL! 

You talking about Beane? 

he took this ***** team to the playoffs.  you know like our frencheyes was supposed to. 

Why do you root for this team?

In every post you make, you seem to hate everything about it. I'm just curious

14 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Derek Anderson is better on his worst day than Tryrod is on his best day, period.

bro, i dunno if that's true, but i honestly think it cold be.  we are gonna find out at the least!

16 hours ago, Warcodered said:

It's almost like they were planning on their #1 pick being their QB of the future weird.

Despite being a horrid NFL quarterback, he has always come across as selfish and, in particular, having a bizarrely inflated sense of his skills. Whatever else happens this season for the bills the best thing they did to MoveOn want to get rid of him! 

12 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Tryrod had Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods AND Marquise Goodwin as wideouts. Last time I checked, Cleveland NEVER had talent like that when he started, so yeah...

Who were the Bills wideouts again last year? And which wideouts were actually healthy in 2016? Stop digging. Anderson is trash who had one good season over a decade ago in a 15-year career. He’s simply a likely better option than Peterman at the moment.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, vincec said:

Especially if Anderson bombs, which is quite possible.

I guess... but no one really expected this team to challenge for the playoffs. It was always about developing Allen (imo). So TT doesn’t help that unfortunately. Though he’s a better option to strive for 8-8.

52 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I guess... but no one really expected this team to challenge for the playoffs. It was always about developing Allen (imo). So TT doesn’t help that unfortunately. Though he’s a better option to strive for 8-8.

How is Allen developing now that he's injured and on the bench? Maybe facing surgery per this report: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-losing-the-locker-room-with-nathan-peterman-josh-allen-reportedly-facing-tommy-john-like-injury/

You might say that's bad luck but throwing him out there unprepared makes an injury more likely, IMO. That was part of the reason to have a reliable short term starter for a year or so: to get Allen ready.

Edited by vincec

Someone could use tyrod I'm sure.  His ball security, evasivness and running are all fantastic.  He had a nice deep ball too if they have the WR for it.  Gruden might bite.  Money is his biggest problem most likely.  Does he want to play badly enough to take a cut?

Edited by sleeby

27 minutes ago, vincec said:

How is Allen developing now that he's injured and on the bench? Maybe facing surgery per this report: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-losing-the-locker-room-with-nathan-peterman-josh-allen-reportedly-facing-tommy-john-like-injury/

You might say that's bad luck but throwing him out there unprepared makes an injury more likely, IMO. That was part of the reason to have a reliable short term starter for a year or so: to get Allen ready.

Huh? There was a post about “trade for TT threads” being imminent, to which you responded they would be if DA bombs. I said that TT wouldn’t help the goal of Allen developing which I think is realistically what the focus is this year. TT could help the team get to 8-8 but if that was the team’s goal they would have just kept him. I am aware that he’s injured. Not sure how that parlays into the team’s goal changing to wanting TT back. 

your link from Tuesday is outdated, he doesn’t need surgery, and it was never “reported” that he might .... it was only thrown out as a worst case scenario by a Twitter doctor 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Don’t you mean why I don’t hate TT?  What are you talking about? 

All I did was click your username, and it shows every post you've made.

And I'm not kidding.. Every. Single. Post. is bitching about this team and how sorry they are, stupid they are, etc. 

Again, if you hate this team so much, why do you root for them?

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

All I did was click your username, and it shows every post you've made.

And I'm not kidding.. Every. Single. Post. is bitching about this team and how sorry they are, stupid they are, etc. 

Again, if you hate this team so much, why do you root for them?

I think the QB plan for this year was brilliant and well thought out.  Clearly Allen is developing well and when he did get knocked out for a while we have a really solid plan behind him. Can I be considered a fan now?  

29 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I think the QB plan for this year was brilliant and well thought out.  Clearly Allen is developing well and when he did get knocked out for a while we have a really solid plan behind him. Can I be considered a fan now?  

No. I can tell in your tone you dont really trust the process. You need to stop thinking and just believe. If they hire Frank Reich as starting QB and QB Coach then you believe. If they let Kim Pegula be the QB you believe. No questions asked. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, vincec said:

Strange. I thought I remember him playing like crap last season when he got a chance to start. Plus, he was a 5th round pick for a reason. I think they had plenty of reasons to be skeptical about Peterman. They just chose to ignore them.

We were talking about the benching of Tyrod last year.

When we benched Tyrod last year, I wasn't a huge fan of his main sound clip being "I don't agree with it." 

I understand that feeling, but at the same time, I don't recall him mentioning just how badly he had played and there was no acceptance of the fact that he had done this to himself. Seems to be a similar thing here.

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

He needs a McVay, Reid or Shanny to play to his strengths.  Unfortunately, coaches keep attempting to fit the square peg in a round hole. 

Tyrod problem has always been his unwillingness to throw the ball. When he got hurt and Baker come in and threw some pass to Landry that  was over the defender in a tight window, I knew TT was done in Cleveland.

Its not that he cant make throws. Its that he won't. Schemes he has played in have been fine. Receivers have been fine. He needs to throw the damn ball and trust his arm.

Josh Allen has a similar problem right now, which has me worried.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Huh? There was a post about “trade for TT threads” being imminent, to which you responded they would be if DA bombs. I said that TT wouldn’t help the goal of Allen developing which I think is realistically what the focus is this year. TT could help the team get to 8-8 but if that was the team’s goal they would have just kept him. I am aware that he’s injured. Not sure how that parlays into the team’s goal changing to wanting TT back. 

your link from Tuesday is outdated, he doesn’t need surgery, and it was never “reported” that he might .... it was only thrown out as a worst case scenario by a Twitter doctor 

TT, or any veteran QB that could start this season while Allen learns, as was originally planned by everyone, would definitely help Allen because he wouldn't get killed while sitting back in the pocket like a deer in the headlights. If you don't see the connection there then I don't know what to tell you.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, H2o said:

In all honesty, Tyrod has to be able to see that Mayfield IS the better option in Cleveland. Who would trade for him at this point? I can't see anyone doing so.

I dunno, I could see Jax poking the stick on him?

Tim-

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Tyrod problem has always been his unwillingness to throw the ball. When he got hurt and Baker come in and threw some pass to Landry that  was over the defender in a tight window, I knew TT was done in Cleveland.

Its not that he cant make throws. Its that he won't. Schemes he has played in have been fine. Receivers have been fine. He needs to throw the damn ball and trust his arm.

Josh Allen has a similar problem right now, which has me worried.

Landry 7-106, 5-69, 8-103 in weeks 1-3

Landry 4-34, 5-69, 2-11 in weeks 4-6

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Landry 7-106, 5-69, 8-103 in weeks 1-3

Landry 4-34, 5-69, 2-11 in weeks 4-6

Another three weeks of this and Landry is going to go off. 

It’s contagious!

Bless ‘em.

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They had to move Landry outside because of WR injuries ... not as productive 

Over the last three games Landry has caught just 11 of 29 passes for 110 yards and a touchdown from Mayfield, well below his career averages for targets and completions.

“I think sometimes ball has gone over his head, we just haven't made the connection,” head coach Hue Jackson said. “Sometimes those balls are being thrown away. Do they need to connect more? Yes, they do.

“They gotta make those plays when those plays present themselves.”

6 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

He needs a McVay, Reid or Shanny to play to his strengths.  Unfortunately, coaches keep attempting to fit the square peg in a round hole. 

...none of those three (all good offensive guys) could ever get him to overcome his inability to process pre-snap reads, go through his progressions and consistently find his open guys.....he is hardly alone with those struggles at the NFL level and there will be MANY more to follow......."no hate...he sucks...hope he fails etc.." here....just an observation as to why he doesn't progress to the next level......his wheels have gotten him this far......