Week 2 Game Day thread Bills vs. Chargers Second Half

Well, things aren't going to end well in this game, but the good thing is that the team actually showed some signs of life in the 2nd half.  The key is building on this.  Allen will have a full game under his belt and some good and bad things to learn from.  The defense needs to figure out how to duplicate this second half performance right from the opening kickoff.  It's gonna be a while before we win, but each week we just need to see some improvement.

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

As bad as the defense is and the offensive line at least it was fun to watch the game for awhile. Allen showing he wasn't ready...but still better then pickerman

They played great in the 3rd qtr. Something to build on and Allen not getting hurt. Please sub Teller for Miller.

3 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

The point is trolling. He is not on the Bills.  So who cares? There are ALWAYS hits and misses in the draft. Seems like some people wish to be right rather than root for the Bills. I am guessing we won't win a lot this year; however,  IF our young guns get good experience then not all is lost.

You can’t be right and root for the Bills even when they screw up? Why are these things mutually exclusive? Should fans just stick their heads in the sand and pretend they’ve done a good job?

Hold the team accountable. If they do a good job, applaud them. If they screw things up call them out on it. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The organization does not. They passed on a QB because they hired a HC before they changed GMs. One error led to another, perhaps. There’s no evidence that Mahomes in BUF would be anything remotely similar to KC

please shut up. p. m is not here nor should you be...

1 minute ago, RunninRebel37 said:

Im sorry but Josh Allen doesn't look good, we already know our receivers don't look good, this team flat out lacks talent. Meanwhile.....Pat Mahomes is looking legitament. I hope this organization knows something we don't.

As I said before:

Allen: rookie QB, defensive minded HC, rookie OC (who failed in NFL prior), barely practice squad talent at WR and OLine, aging RB (still very good), TE who goes missing for weeks on end

Mahomes: sat a year behind alex smith, QB guru HC, good offensive line, Pro bowl caliber WR in hill, watkins, young stud RB, top tier pass catching TE

Pretty easy to see why mahomes is succeeding there, and it's very unfair to compare the situations of the two.

Also, digging deeper, look at our WR and TEs:

Hill and Watkins are better than ANY receiver in our team by a LONG shot.

Kelce is far superior to Clay.

Our "#1" (haha) receiver KB would be literally THIRD (maybe lower) on the Chief's WR depth chart.

Clay would be miles behind Kelce on the TE depth chart.

Hill, Kelce, Watkins are better than ANY pass catchers on our team by lightyears.

Hunt is as good or better than CURRENT mccoy (I'll go with better)

So our three best offensive players (KB, Mccoy, Clay) would not even crack the top 4 on the chiefs offensive "best players" list.

Let that sink in before you start riding mahomes jock vs allen.

(mahomes might wind up better, who knows, but comparing the two now, with these situations, is just completely asinine)

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, MDH said:

Hold the team accountable. If they do a good job, applaud them. If they screw things up call them out on it. 

Problem is, you have buffoons in the "greatest fan base in the NFL" calling the rookie QB a bust after a game that showed anything but.

• Like (+1) 3

I don’t know what Allen has shown to disprove any of his pre draft ridicule. Firing balls all over the place, missing reads and making wide open WRs fall to catch the ball. This team might be really bad for a while. I’m not burying the guy after 1 start but this coach is making me seriously doubt everything we are doing. The defense is absolutely terrible, team is completely undisciplined and the personnel decisions are atrocious. 

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

I am fine with Allen looking like a rookie and taking some sacks but I hope he cleans up the picks.   Hey we found our defense!   Second half of this game actually looked like an NFL team with a rookie QB instead of a dumpster fire.

...so why does it take until the 2nd half when we're playing catch up?....I missed the memo..........

1 minute ago, MDH said:

You can’t be right and root for the Bills even when they screw up? Why are these things mutually exclusive? Should fans just stick their heads in the sand and pretend they’ve done a good job?

Yeah...  because that was the context I put it in. Nice try.

27 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

at least he's willing to take some risks which is more than I can say from SafeRod Taylor 

Like I didn't want that pick to happen. But let's wait until we get an offense limiting picks and keeping us in some games before we go announcing to the world Tyrod was the worst compared to our QB situation now.

2 minutes ago, MDH said:

It’s the game day thread and not the place for that discussion. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Problem is, you have buffoons in the "greatest fan base in the NFL" calling the rookie QB a bust after a game that showed anything but.

No doubt, anybody calling Allen a bust at this point is ridiculous.

I totally understand fans looking at Mahomes and wondering why we traded out of that spot though. The moment McDermott did that he was going to be questioned if Mahomes turned into a franchise QB.

Granted, two games from Mahomes, no matter how good, is way too small of a sample set to anoint him the next coming.

Edited by MDH
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, MDH said:

No doubt, anybody calling Allen a just at this point is ridiculous.

I totally understand fans looking at Mahomes and wondering why we traded out of that spot though. The moment McDermott did that he was going to be questioned if Mahomes turned into a franchise QB.

Granted, two games from Mahomes, no matter how good, is way too small of a sample set to anoint him the next coming.

To wit...See: Watson, DeShaun

• Like (+1) 1