Is it time for Kaepernick?

mynmisoli

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If we cared about putting the best players out there, he would be on our team.  Allen should be delayed playing as long as positive.

if only Kaepernick beat a woman!

If only Kaepernick hadn't quit, he might be playing.

People forget that: he walked away from his team.  No one wants to sign a player that does that.

• Like (+1) 1

Look, I like Kaep well enough, and I think he's been treated unfairly. There is no way that he is a worse starting QB than Peterman.

That said, we drafted Allen and invested in him. At this point, he seems to be alright with checking his reads, and his accuracy is nowhere near as bad as predicted. His biggest flaw seems to be that he still needs to feel where pressure is coming from. The only way that we are going to see that is getting him on the field. It can't be worse than what we saw from Peterman to lead us to 40-0.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billsblood said:

Do I dare say it...... it may be time for Colin Kaepernick to come in for a work out.

The media circus it would bring may be just what this team needs,

It would divert attention away from this sad roster and give Allen a back up who has played it this league.

If you put aside his politics: there is no way he is not a better QB than Pickerman.

Ill be the first one to buy a pair of nikes with a bills logo on it.

No, just stop

4 hours ago, billsblood said:

Do I dare say it...... it may be time for Colin Kaepernick to come in for a work out.

The media circus it would bring may be just what this team needs,

It would divert attention away from this sad roster and give Allen a back up who has played it this league.

If you put aside his politics: there is no way he is not a better QB than Pickerman.

Ill be the first one to buy a pair of nikes with a bills logo on it.

Yes.

Plus, and this is not the reason I said yes, I like his politics. 

6 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Look, I like Kaep well enough, and I think he's been treated unfairly. There is no way that he is a worse starting QB than Peterman.

That said, we drafted Allen and invested in him. At this point, he seems to be alright with checking his reads, and his accuracy is nowhere near as bad as predicted. His biggest flaw seems to be that he still needs to feel where pressure is coming from. The only way that we are going to see that is getting him on the field. It can't be worse than what we saw from Peterman to lead us to 40-0.

Knock on wood.

knock on wood hard.

Beating the s*** out of a piece of wood with my head!

That being said, if anything were to happen to Allen...what the hell, why not.  I'd do it.

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

You missed the entire point. I'm saying his talent does not outweigh the headaches. That wont work. Never has.

The original point of the thread is that there is no way Kapernick is worse than Peterman, who has started NFL games, which means there are other reasons he has been offered an opportunity to join a roster.

Him being a distraction isn't an excuse because there are multiple players, good and bad, who have caused distractions.

It's obvious that he's being black listed.  He might not be among the best 32 QBs in the league, but after watching Peterman try to play QB, you can't argue that he's not among the best 64 QBs in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Can we call the Raiders and get AJ back? We haven’t used the draft pick yet?

LOL I know what you mean.  "Hi, Gruden?  This is Beane.....um, AJ just failed his exit physical, can we rescind that trade?  What do you mean, there's no such thing as an exit physical?  Well there ought to be.  Look, we haven't used the draft pick yet, so can we just have a do-over?"

Just now, DC Tom said:

Yes, he did.  He opted out of his contract.

That’s not “quitting”.  It’s opting out of his contract to become a free agent.  Plenty of players have done it.  It turned out to be a poor decision for his career but it hardly makes him a quitter.  Your post is intellectually dishonest and you know it.

4 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

Never, he's trash on and off the field, this staff would never ever sign that guy.

"Trash", really? For protesting? I personally think "trash" should be reserved for somebody like Jameis Winston rather than a decent dude who never hit a woman, but I guess we have different standards.

Kaepernick is light years beyond Peterman, but would clearly be a terrible fit for this fanbase...

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

That’s not “quitting”.  It’s opting out of his contract to become a free agent.  Plenty of players have done it.  It turned out to be a poor decision for his career but it hardly makes him a quitter.  Your post is intellectually dishonest and you know it.

He had a job and voluntarily left it. He quit.

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

The original point of the thread is that there is no way Kapernick is worse than Peterman, who has started NFL games, which means there are other reasons he has been offered an opportunity to join a roster.

Him being a distraction isn't an excuse because there are multiple players, good and bad, who have caused distractions.

It's obvious that he's being black listed.  He might not be among the best 32 QBs in the league, but after watching Peterman try to play QB, you can't argue that he's not among the best 64 QBs in the league.

He’s not just a distraction. He’s bad for business. That = no job. He’s apparently good for Nike’s business, but they cater to a different demographic that thinks he’s “ cool”. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

He had a job and voluntarily left it. He quit.

That is false.  He opted out of his contract, which would have guaranteed him $16 million, only when it became clear that the 49ers were going to cut him anyway.  So thanks for another intellectually dishonest post.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

You are free to have that opinion. You are simply wrong.

Just now, mannc said:

That is false.  He opted out of his contract, which would have guaranteed him $16 million, only when it became clear that the 49ers were going to cut him anyway.  So thanks for another intellectually dishonest post.

He was not, in fact, cut. He had a job and left that job. Spin it all you want. He quit. He sacrificed everything. :lol: 

1 minute ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

He was not, in fact, cut. He had a job and left that job. Spin it all you want. He quit. He sacrificed everything. :lol: 

Did Khalil Mack quit on the Raiders?  He was under contract and STILL refused to play for them.

Kaepernick most likely was informed by the 49ers that he would be released and decided to opt out instead.  That’s certainly no reason for a team not to sign him, and that makes your argument a dishonest one.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Did Khalil Mack quit on the Raiders?  He was under contract and STILL refused to play for them.

Kaepernick most likely was informed by the 49ers that he would be released and decided to opt out instead.  That’s certainly no reason for a team not to sign him, and that makes your argument a dishonest one.

GhOw.gif

1 minute ago, Returntoglory said:

Semantics. Opted out = Quit

Stop.  You know very well that’s not why teams have refused to sign Kaepernick.

2 minutes ago, LaDexter said:

time for Kaepernick.... to be deported to Africa.

Time for you to go back to the white supremacist chat room you crawled out of.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm sorry. But if they signed him to a contract, I would be beyond pissed. 

The man is a HUGE distraction. You sign this person and there is no telling what stunt he would pull next. The distractions would be EPIC and totally put focus on non-football related issues. 

He's done this to his self. 

6 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I'm not a fan of his as a player or a protestor

But that said, let the protests work in our favor.  After a few weeks of getting beat up behind this line (and sucking in general, as CK has been known to do), he would inevitably play the race card.  Old whitey defensive players are out to get him, thus neutralizing any white defensive player from being allowed to touch him.

White starters will be subbed for black backups.  After a few weeks of punishment by black only defensive players, it will of course be the white plantation owners punishing him with the help of Uncle Tom defenders.

At which point CK will have a bubble of Ref protection comparable to Brady.  In hindsight we really should have signed him sooner so The Narrative could have started in training camp and we'd be on our way to another Wild Card

And yet guys like you insist you are not racist. I was born and bred in Buffalo and this kind of common coin racist bilge was so prevalent among the people I grew up with that it sickens me. Kaepernick has never "played the race card" in his football career. 

I live in the South now and have for almost forty years, but the racism was as common in Buffalo as it is here, and in many contexts more common. My high school graduating class had over five hundred students in it, and NOT ONE was black. It was common to hear racist jokes. That was fifty years ago, and maybe it was understandable at that time since a lot of people were not educated about racial issues then. But it depresses me that this same BS is still current today.

I know, I should take it to the politics board. Bad enough that the team is so crappy, but to hear this stuff from Bills fans nauseates me. 

This Kap talk is so dumb, whenever someone points to crappy QB. Kap was making... what 7mil a year? Elway said they offered him a job for less money and Kap turned it down (way to be a victim Kap). How much does Peterman make since we are comparing the two? I bet it;s a lot less than 7mil....

Not sure why people forget A) the player/agent has to agree to the contract and team... B) There is such thing as cap space to consider. 

18 hours ago, Bangarang said:

It’s important that people keep making this same lame joke over and over.

But is it really a joke?  There is literally NO DENYING that Kap is light years better than Peterman, and thats not even an endorsement of Kap, thats just how bad Peterman is.  Allen would benefit from sitting longer still, we all know that.  

Now I am NOT advocating to sign Kap, because I would prefer to start Allen and let him take his lumps at this point, and I was a "he should sit for part of the year" guy all off season.  But Allen is further along than I expected in terms of poise and comfort out there, so let the kid learn on the job.  I am pretty confident in Allens ability to take a licking but yet keep coming, so not afraid of him getting "ruined".  

That being said, Peterman does NOT belong on an NFL roster, Kap has started and almost won a Super Bowl.  NP cant hold his jock, so is it really a joke to suggest signing him?  Will we...I am certain we won't because the FO and McD aren't going to want the media circus around their young QB.  But again, Kap is good enough to play in the NFL, yet guys like Peterman get chances to start.  

Personally, I think the Jags should sign Kap, Bortles blows and will likely always blow.  They have a team built similar to what Kap led to the SB in San Francisco, so I think they should be the one to kick the tires.  However, to be honest, the racist underbelly of this county, click bait media, and the false tones around the kneeling I think will be fueled even more if its the Jags because Khan owns the team.  So I doubt they do sign Kap either, even though I think they should.

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

And you and others keep leaving out, that he has refused to take less pay to be a backup or fight for a starting role.

Him "sacrificing everything" is him probably making more annually from Nike right now, than he would be if he were signed somewhere as a backup. Sign me up! I'd love to make the sacrifice to make millions more money for NOT working... it's a tough one, but a sacrifice im willing to make

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

But is it really a joke?  There is literally NO DENYING that Kap is light years better than Peterman, and thats not even an endorsement of Kap, thats just how bad Peterman is.  Allen would benefit from sitting longer still, we all know that.  

Now I am NOT advocating to sign Kap, because I would prefer to start Allen and let him take his lumps at this point, and I was a "he should sit for part of the year" guy all off season.  But Allen is further along than I expected in terms of poise and comfort out there, so let the kid learn on the job.  I am pretty confident in Allens ability to take a licking but yet keep coming, so not afraid of him getting "ruined".  

That being said, Peterman does NOT belong on an NFL roster, Kap has started and almost won a Super Bowl.  NP cant hold his jock, so is it really a joke to suggest signing him?  Will we...I am certain we won't because the FO and McD aren't going to want the media circus around their young QB.  But again, Kap is good enough to play in the NFL, yet guys like Peterman get chances to start.  

Personally, I think the Jags should sign Kap, Bortles blows and will likely always blow.  They have a team built similar to what Kap led to the SB in San Francisco, so I think they should be the one to kick the tires.  However, to be honest, the racist underbelly of this county, click bait media, and the false tones around the kneeling I think will be fueled even more if its the Jags because Khan owns the team.  So I doubt they do sign Kap either, even though I think they should.

Again, you are right, there is no denying that Kap is better than some backup tier QB's... HOWEVER HE WONT TAKE A PAY CUT. This is why his case is stupid. If he said "hey, ill take vet minimum, or slightly above, for one year to prove my worth in this league" I bet he would be signed real fast. He was exposed his last year as a starter, hence WHY HE WAS BENCHED FOR BLAINE EFFING GABBERT BEFORE he ever protested. He protested for the first time after being silent on activism and politics his entire career, the game after he was announced that Gabbert was the starter.

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

Stop.  You know very well that’s not why teams have refused to sign Kaepernick.

That, and he's not very good.  His last year was his best...and he was 17th in the league.  Then he quit.  Then after no one signed him, he whined that it was about his politics, because it's apparently inconceivable that no one would want a mediocre QB who quits on his team.

Kaep's not playing because of Kaep.

14 minutes ago, mannc said:

Time for you to go back to the white supremacist chat room you crawled out of.

LaDexter is a known troll.  Just ignore him.  He should have been banned a while ago.