Is it time for Kaepernick?

mynmisoli

8 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

This Kap talk is so dumb, whenever someone points to crappy QB. Kap was making... what 7mil a year? Elway said they offered him a job for less money and Kap turned it down (way to be a victim Kap). How much does Peterman make since we are comparing the two? I bet it;s a lot less than 7mil....

Not sure why people forget A) the player/agent has to agree to the contract and team... B) There is such thing as cap space to consider. 

This is misinformation and more intellectual dishonesty—by both you and Elway.  The Broncos supposedly offered Kaep $7 million in connection with trade talks with the 49ers in 2016, BEFORE Kaepernick began protesting.  Kaep did not want to restructure his contract at that time.

1 minute ago, LaDexter said:

So if you notice that Colin Kaepernick is a bad teammate, that he put his personal views on the team logo, flipped the bird at teammates who did not agree, called them names, and is still to this day unable to cite one single instance in his life where he was a victim.... you are a white supremacist.

Thanks, OBAMA YOUTH.

Have you figured out that Barack is a cocksucker with a man for a "wife" yet....

Dude, your trolling is bad enough on PPP. GTFO.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

That, and he's not very good.  His last year was his best...and he was 17th in the league.  Then he quit.  Then after no one signed him, he whined that it was about his politics, because it's apparently inconceivable that no one would want a mediocre QB who quits on his team.

Kaep's not playing because of Kaep.

C’mon, you know that teams aren’t refusing to sign him because he quit.  Did teams turn their backs on Khalil Mack because he refused to play for the Raiders, despite still being under contract and having no ability to opt out?

Yes, I figured out that Dexter is not worth egaging with.  Surprised he’s allowed to post here.

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

This is misinformation and more intellectual dishonesty—by both you and Elway.  The Broncos supposedly offered Kaep $7 million in connection with trade talks with the 49ers in 2016, BEFORE Kaepernick began protesting.  Kaep did not want to restructure his contract at that time.

Ok so answer me this. As he was brought in to multiple teams, or teams might have reached out to his agent... Has there been any indication he is willing to take a pay cut? No one knows ANY of the numbers. For all we know he could be demanding starter money while being offered to be a backup somewhere. Why would you pay your backup 5-7 million a year to just create media controversy if your starter has one bad game, and deal with with the media circus on top of it? Do any backups make anywhere near that amount???

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

Ok so answer me this. As he was brought in to multiple teams, or teams might have reached out to his agent... Has there been any indication he is willing to take a pay cut? No one knows ANY of the numbers. For all we know he could be demanding starter money while being offered to be a backup somewhere. Why would you pay your backup 5-7 million a year to just create media controversy if your starter has one bad game, and deal with with the media circus on top of it? Do any backups make anywhere near that amount???

I don’t know the details of those negotiations, if any even occurred, and neither do you.  That is obviously something that will be hashed out as part of his grievance arbitration against the league.  However, I’m pretty sure Kaepernick has publicly said he would sign for far less than he was previously making.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I don’t know the details of those negotiations, if any even occurred, and neither do you.  That is obviously something that will be hashed out as part of his grievance arbitration against the league.  However, I’m pretty sure Kaepernick has publicly said he would sign for far less than he was previously making.

Only thing I have seen him say is "I will stand for the anthem if I was signed." So if you can provide some info of him willing to sign for the going rate for a veteran back up that would be great.

Why would you want a backup QB with the constant media attention/circus, especially if your QB has one bad game.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

And you and others keep leaving out, that he has refused to take less pay to be a backup or fight for a starting role.

Him "sacrificing everything" is him probably making more annually from Nike right now, than he would be if he were signed somewhere as a backup. Sign me up! I'd love to make the sacrifice to make millions more money for NOT working... it's a tough one, but a sacrifice im willing to make

Again, you are right, there is no denying that Kap is better than some backup tier QB's... HOWEVER HE WONT TAKE A PAY CUT. This is why his case is stupid. If he said "hey, ill take vet minimum, or slightly above, for one year to prove my worth in this league" I bet he would be signed real fast. He was exposed his last year as a starter, hence WHY HE WAS BENCHED FOR BLAINE EFFING GABBERT BEFORE he ever protested. He protested for the first time after being silent on activism and politics his entire career, the game after he was announced that Gabbert was the starter.

All fair points, my only counter point is do we know he won't take a pay cut?  I have not heard that, doesn't mean it isnt true, just asking because I haven't heard or seen anything that said he wouldn't play on a 1 year prove it deal cheaply.  I also don't really follow his situation in terms of whether he is signed or not signed closely because he isnt going to be a Bill.

But, the guy deserves to work IMO, not saying he is gonna be a Pro Bowler, but the guy is better than many QB's on NFL rosters right now.  The fact he is black balled for executing his American rights PEACEFULLY while guys like Vick and Stallworth who killed dogs and a person were immediately let back in is beyond disgusting.  Not to mention people who beat women and children too have all been allowed to keep playing.  

2 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Only thing I have seen him say is "I will stand for the anthem if I was signed." So if you can provide some info of him willing to sign for the going rate for a veteran back up that would be great.

Why would you want a backup QB with the constant media attention/circus, especially if your QB has one bad game.

I'm pretty sure Kaep or his agent said something to that effect.  Are you aware of any team that has said they would sign him if he agreed to accept veteran backup money?

As to your last question, do you have any doubt that Kaepernick, even after not playing for the past year and a half, is miles better than Nathan Peterman?  

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All fair points, my only counter point is do we know he won't take a pay cut?  I have not heard that, doesn't mean it isnt true, just asking because I haven't heard or seen anything that said he wouldn't play on a 1 year prove it deal cheaply.  I also don't really follow his situation in terms of whether he is signed or not signed closely because he isnt going to be a Bill.

But, the guy deserves to work IMO, not saying he is gonna be a Pro Bowler, but the guy is better than many QB's on NFL rosters right now.  The fact he is black balled for executing his American rights PEACEFULLY while guys like Vick and Stallworth who killed dogs and a person were immediately let back in is beyond disgusting.  Not to mention people who beat women and children too have all been allowed to keep playing.  

You also have no evidence he is actually being blackballed. Seahawks and Baltimore brought him in for a look. You have 0 evidence of him being blackballed, just like I have not heard that he is willing to take a pay cut. Is he better than Peterman? Yep. However if Kapernick is still wanting his 5mil a year, thats too expensive for a backup QB. Thats like people assuming Dez Bryant is being blackballed. "He deserves to work!" Unless you are trying to argue Dez Bryant is not better than Holmes, or Kerley, or Foster, or (insert any Bills WR here)

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

I'm pretty sure Kaep or his agent said something to that effect.  Are you aware of any team that has said they would sign him if he agreed to accept veteran backup money?

As to your last question, do you have any doubt that Kaepernick, even after not playing for the past year and a half, is miles better than Nathan Peterman?  

I agree he is better than Peterman.................................................. However here is Peterman's salary cap charge: 

• 2018 Salary Cap Charge: $614,877

Also I would rather have Allen learn and grow than watch Kaepernik run around being a slightly more gunslinger version of Tyrod

I would also argue that Fitzpatrick is the most "competent" veteran backup QB out there, and his deal for this year is only 2million. 
Edited by PolishPrince
  • Like (+1) 1

You also have no evidence he is actually being blackballed. Seahawks and Baltimore brought him in for a look. You have 0 evidence of him being blackballed, just like I have not heard that he is willing to take a pay cut. Is he better than Peterman? Yep. However if Kapernick is still wanting his 5mil a year, thats too expensive for a backup QB. Thats like people assuming Dez Bryant is being blackballed. "He deserves to work!" Unless you are trying to argue Dez Bryant is not better than Holmes, or Kerley, or Foster, or (insert any Bills WR here)

I agree he is better than Peterman.................................................. However here is Peterman's salary cap charge: 

I think its pretty foolish to say he isnt being black balled.  One, he already won a case stating as much.  Two, he is undeniably better than most teams backup QB's and some teams starters, with our own team as clear evidence of that.  

I am not saying he is being black balled because of every teams view on the kneeling, but many anonymous team officials have openly spoken about how they would never sign him because of that.  So 100% he is being blackballed by some teams.  I think other teams are faced with weighing the choice between him and someone else that doesn't bring the media circus.  For example, Baltimore already had a first round rookie and then also brought in RG3.  Is RG3 better or Kap?  Good question, one could make an argument either way and not really be wrong.  But RG3 comes without the media circus, so easy choice IMO.  So while Ravens aren't "blackballing" him, it doesn't mean the media nonsense isnt affecting his ability to get signed.

Dez claims he had offers, but wants to go to a winning situation.  So if thats true, then not comparable because he turned down offers, so not sure why you brought that up.

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Micheal Bennett still has a job despite kneeling for anthem and being very outspoken about social issues. Also got in trouble for lying about police brutality but was caught on tape... Yet again he still has a job for two reasons: 1) teams feel his play is still worth his value for asking contract. and 2) The media doesnt choke on his D for every other word he speaks. I dont understand why people cant fathom how much of a distraction Kaepernik would bring to a team

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think its pretty foolish to say he isnt being black balled.  One, he already won a case stating as much.  Two, he is undeniably better than most teams backup QB's and some teams starters, with our own team as clear evidence of that.  

I am not saying he is being black balled because of every teams view on the kneeling, but many anonymous team officials have openly spoken about how they would never sign him because of that.  So 100% he is being blackballed by some teams.  I think other teams are faced with weighing the choice between him and someone else that doesn't bring the media circus.  For example, Baltimore already had a first round rookie and then also brought in RG3.  Is RG3 better or Kap?  Good question, one could make an argument either way and not really be wrong.  But RG3 comes without the media circus, so easy choice IMO.  So while Ravens aren't "blackballing" him, it doesn't mean the media nonsense isnt affecting his ability to get signed.

Dez claims he had offers, but wants to go to a winning situation.  So if thats true, then not comparable because he turned down offers, so not sure why you brought that up.

This is my point..,  IF there is a true blackball, its not because of his kneeling (see other teams have players also doing it) it s because of the media circus.

and NO HE HAS NOT WON HIS CASE. Media jumped on this... the only thing he "won" was there was a motion to throw his case out, they "won" that the case will not be thrown out.

6 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Also I would rather have Allen learn and grow than watch Kaepernik run around being a slightly more gunslinger version of Tyrod

I would also argue that Fitzpatrick is the most "competent" veteran backup QB out there, and his deal for this year is only 2million. 

Peterman's salary is irrelevant...McDermott can't allow him back on the field, at any price.  Fitzpatrick's contract is also irrelevant because he's not available right now.  I have no idea what Kaepernick would accept...the only way to find out would be to talk to his agent.

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

Peterman's salary is irrelevant...McDermott can't allow him back on the field, at any price.  Fitzpatrick's contract is also irrelevant because he's not available right now.  I have no idea what Kaepernick would accept...the only way to find out would be to talk to his agent.

??????????

its 100% relevant because it shows the going rate for a second year backup and a proven vet back up.............................. I never said "lets go sign Fitz hrur durr."

So I ask you, is Dez being blackballed? He is a better player than many WR's... probably even better than WR's on certain contending teams - yet he is available.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

No, he won the right to have his case heard.  That's it.

Micheal Bennett still has a job despite kneeling for anthem and being very outspoken about social issues. Also got in trouble for lying about police brutality but was caught on tape... Yet again he still has a job for two reasons: 1) teams feel his play is still worth his value for asking contract. and 2) The media doesnt choke on his D for every other word he speaks. I dont understand why people cant fathom how much of a distraction Kaepernik would bring to a team

This is my point..,  IF there is a true blackball, its not because of his kneeling (see other teams have players also doing it) it s because of the media circus.

and NO HE HAS NOT WON HIS CASE. Media jumped on this... the only thing he "won" was there was a motion to throw his case out, they "won" that the case will not be thrown out.

Copy DC Tom, I haven't followed it closely, just had saw the headlines a week ago.  I honestly dont really care about the situation, and mentioned I haven't really followed the whole ordeal. 

But PolishPrince, there are a number of anonymous team officials that have literally said they won't sign Kap because he disgusts them with starting the kneeling stuff.  So again, its 100% certain he is being blackballed over his actions by some teams, thats indisputable.  

Its disgusting that dog killers, people killers, women beaters, and children beaters have been met with less media backlash, less public backlash, less mistreatment by the NFL and teams when all Kap did was STANDUP for people who ARE UNDENIABLY being mistreated here in this country still to this day.  Its 100% factual that there is a major social imbalance in our judicial system with minorities.  I know people who were long time cops here in Southern California  who will tell you to your face they had "quotas" with minorities and that people went away because of the color of their skin while Caucasians would get slaps on the wrist for same or worse crimes.  

So I am sorry, there is nothing you can say to me that will validate that he has NOT been given another chance while lesser players are still on rosters.  He deserves to be in the NFL a million times more than Vick, Stallworth, Bennett, etc ever did who got to keep their careers.  And I dont even like him as a QB, everything I am saying is not an endorsement of him as a player, its stating that its wrong that he doesn't have a job in correlation to what he did to take a stand.

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

A team not wanting to sign a guy because he's a PR nightmare, and by some accounts moderately talented, equates to "blackballing"? 

To me, it simply equates to a moderately talented guy who isn't worth the trouble, whining about how there is a 32 team league -wide conspiracy to keep him from the destiny he and he alone so richly deserves. 

The cool part is how as a society, we're reached a point where people can be outraged that someone is not offered a job because he "deserves" it after walking away for $14m. 

Progress. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

??????????

its 100% relevant because it shows the going rate for a second year backup and a proven vet back up.............................. I never said "lets go sign Fitz hrur durr."

So I ask you, is Dez being blackballed? He is a better player than many WR's... probably even better than WR's on certain contending teams - yet he is available.

Fair enough.  I’m surprised Fitz agreed to a play another season for that amount of $.  (BTW, according to sportrac, he’s getting $3.3 million.)

i don’t know why Dez hasn’t been signed.  Teams might just think he’s not that good any more.  And maybe he’s demanding too much $.

Edited by mannc

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Copy DC Tom, I haven't followed it closely, just had saw the headlines a week ago.  I honestly dont really care about the situation, and mentioned I haven't really followed the whole ordeal. 

But PolishPrince, there are a number of anonymous team officials that have literally said they won't sign Kap because he disgusts them with starting the kneeling stuff.  So again, its 100% certain he is being blackballed over his actions by some teams, thats indisputable.  

Its disgusting that dog killers, people killers, women beaters, and children beaters have been met with less media backlash, less public backlash, less mistreatment by the NFL and teams when all Kap did was STANDUP for people who ARE UNDENIABLY being mistreated here in this country still to this day.  Its 100% factual that there is a major social imbalance in our judicial system with minorities.  I know people who were long time cops here in Southern California  who will tell you to your face they had "quotas" with minorities and that people went away because of the color of their skin while Caucasians would get slaps on the wrist for same or worse crimes.  

So I am sorry, there is nothing you can say to me that will validate that he has NOT been given another chance while lesser players are still on rosters.  He deserves to be in the NFL a million times more than Vick, Stallworth, Bennett, etc ever did who got to keep their careers.  And I dont even like him as a QB, everything I am saying is not an endorsement of him as a player, its stating that its wrong that he doesn't have a job in correlation to what he did to take a stand.

Wrong, i'll take Vick over Kaepernick as a better QB lol. 

here is ESPN's graphic of Kaepernick when (I repeat) lost his starting job to Blaine Gabbert BEFORE HE EVER PROTESTED.: 
40969502_1076519882497868_4583319567618539520_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=b652fe3058654ef7298572256815e91a&oe=5C1BD3BF
Of course the above was before ESPN hopped on the SJW hype train. Here is a link showing how the Ram's defense called Kaep out to throw it knowing they were going to run and he is too stupid to change the play:

The guy was exposed after getting his 130 million dollar contract extension. Teams figured out he was a one read QB or a read-option QB

Maybe we should bring Gabbert in, he outplayed Kaep in the stats people bring up to suggest why Kaep was good:
Image result for kaepernick espn graphic stats

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Fair enough.  I’m surprised Fitz agreed to a play another season for that amount of $.  (BTW, according to sportrac, he’s getting $3.3 million.)

i don’t know why Dez hasn’t been signed.  Teams might just think he’s not that good any more.  And maybe he’s demanding too much $.

"'Teams might just think he’s not that good any more.  And maybe he’s demanding too much $." exactly why Kap is not a starter or a backup in the league especially with the media circus.

As far as Fitz it looks like 2million is his base salary, the other 1.3million was his bonus for them keeping him on the roster. Keep in mind Tampa was a team knowing they needed a good back up with Winston have off the field issues, a team who might be expecting their QB to miss some games a backup is worth more to them than say: Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady backup

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The fact he is black balled for executing his American rights PEACEFULLY while guys like Vick and Stallworth who killed dogs and a person were immediately let back in is beyond disgusting.  Not to mention people who beat women and children too have all been allowed to keep playing.  

Just no.  How many times does it have to be said?  He doesn't have the right to wage his protest while at work and in front of his company's customers without the risk of losing his job. 

He's toxic because he became a terrible employee. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The cool part is how as a society, we're reached a point where people can be outraged that someone is not offered a job because he "deserves" it after walking away for $14m. 

This is disinformation.  Kaepernick did not walk away from $14 million.  John Lynch has publicly stated that the 49ers were going to release him rather than pay him that money, so it's fair to assume that Kaepernick and his agent were so informed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, keepthefaith said:

Just no.  How many time does it have to be said?  He doesn't have the right to wage his protest while at work and in front of his company's customers without the risk of losing his job. 

He's toxic because he became a terrible employee. 

100% this. I know if I decided to protest at my job (which makes A LOT less than the millions Kap was making), I would just be fired... irregardless if it was my "freedom" or it was peaceful or for a just cause.

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The Ravens said they offered him a contract, and he refused. Your other points have been refuted time and again. There is no American right to “ peacefully protest” on the job , and the NFL doesn’t owe anyone a platform to express their views on anything. They are a business, just like Nike. Kaep apologists don’t want to accept that. The guy is mediocre at football , and is bad for business in many ways. The first part isn’t enough to keep him from an NFL job, combined with the latter it is. 

• Like (+1) 1

exactly why Kap is not a starter or a backup in the league especially with the media circus.

Maybe some teams.  That will be decided by the arbitrator in the grievance case.  If, as I suspect, the league or certain owners circulated emails urging teams not to sign Kaepernick because of the protests, then the league is in serious trouble.

• Haha (+1) 1

Wrong, i'll take Vick over Kaepernick as a better QB lol. 

here is ESPN's graphic of Kaepernick when (I repeat) lost his starting job to Blaine Gabbert BEFORE HE EVER PROTESTED.: 
40969502_1076519882497868_4583319567618539520_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=b652fe3058654ef7298572256815e91a&oe=5C1BD3BF
Of course the above was before ESPN hopped on the SJW hype train. Here is a link showing how the Ram's defense called Kaep out to throw it knowing they were going to run and he is too stupid to change the play:

The guy was exposed after getting his 130 million dollar contract extension. Teams figured out he was a one read QB or a read-option QB

Maybe we should bring Gabbert in, he outplayed Kaep in the stats people bring up to suggest why Kaep was good:
Image result for kaepernick espn graphic stats

Ok dude, you CARE WAY TOO MUCH about this, and I am not there with you.  I really dont care that much, you seem to be really invested in this topic.  We are going to have to agree to disagree because you are not even responding to the things I actually say and creating new narratives. 

For final clarity, I did NOT say he is a great QB, I said he is better than many backups in this league and some starters, and the BILLS are even one of those teams.  You want to make an argument about him as a starting QB, yet I am not here even one time saying he absolutely should even be a starter.  Although I do think he is better than Blake Bortles for that Jaguars team.  

And again, you are taking one season on a train wreck 49ers team.  Guess what bud, Andrew Luck was definitely outplayed by Matt Hasselbeck who had a winning record while Luck led the same Colts team to a losing record when they basically split the season a few years ago.  Does NOT mean Luck is worse than Hasselbeck.  Kap was in the middle of media nightmare, on a roster completed destroyed like no team I have ever seen over 2 offseason.  That 49er team had little talent on that roster left still playing due to early retirements, suspensions, trades, etc.  To say that the SMALL sample size you are cherry picking is a FAIR assessment of his overall career is just total BS and you know it.

I get it, you hate him, so you're going to make every negative case you can to validate him having a job.  And I did NOT compare Vick and Kap as payers, I talked about deserving to a chance to play.  Vick should have NEVER been allowed back in the NFL in comparison to what he did.  We have had people who viciously tortured and murdered animals, a player kill a person while they were drunk driving, people who beat women and children all get to keep their careers and face almost nothing like Kap has done for just standing up for people who aren't being fairly treated in America.  Its disgusting the hate Kap gets this hate while those people were mostly forgiven.

But I am done with this, not trying to get into a long thing about it, I dont care enough.  I said my piece, I dont really care if you agree, you are entitled to your opinion.  My stance its disgusting how he is treated, and thats my opinion I am free to hold.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

This is disinformation.  Kaepernick did not walk away from $14 million.  John Lynch has publicly stated that the 49ers were going to release him rather than pay him that money, so it's fair to assume that Kaepernick and his agent were so informed.

This is true... but he still quit before making the 49ers actually cut him. And, it is SUPER hard for me to feel sorry for someone who is filthy rich from a game I would love to play for my current average joe wage let alone:
"Over six seasons of the NFL, his earnings only totalled to less than $43.5 million, which is a little less than $7 million a year."

This does not include commercials or hiS FIRST Nike deal where Nike has admitted they paid him the past two years even though he wasnt playing.... and now he is in another big Nike deal probably worth anymore... Man his life is so unfair.

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Ravens said they offered him a contract, and he refused. Your other points have been refuted time and again. There is no American right to “ peacefully protest” on the job , and the NFL doesn’t owe anyone a platform to express their views on anything. They are a business, just like Nike. Kaep apologists don’t want to accept that. The guy is mediocre at football , and is bad for business in many ways. The first part isn’t enough to keep him from an NFL job, combined with the latter it is. 

But its good for business to employ animal torturers and killers, human killers, woman beaters, and child abusers?  Ok, thank for the insight.  lol

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Honesty hour:  I want the Bills to sign Kaepernick for the sole purpose of watching the meltdowns on this site.

Right....this thread predictably (maybe that’s why it was started?) disintegrated into the same old. Allow me to try to refocus a bit:  assume Kap didn’t carry the anthem baggage. Would you prefer bringing him in as a backup/bridge starter, or would you prefer one or more of the other unsigned veteran QBs out there? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But its good for business to employ animal torturers and killers, human killers, woman beaters, and child abusers?  Ok, thank for the insight.  lol

People are generally forgiving, and the media kind of leaves those things alone. Do you recall a huge backlash against those things?They celebrate and promote Kaep, keeping it at the forefront. Aren’t those folks simply “ the less fortunate “ anyway, that you strongly stick up for? Anyway, they tend to keep in the background about the errors of their ways. They don’t disgrace the very country that gave them a second chance, or wear pig socks, shirts with depictions of dictators or donate to people who shoot Cops. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ok dude, you CARE WAY TOO MUCH about this, and I am not there with you.  I really dont care that much, you seem to be really invested in this topic.  We are going to have to agree to disagree because you are not even responding to the things I actually say and creating new narratives. 

For final clarity, I did NOT say he is a great QB, I said he is better than many backups in this league and some starters, and the BILLS are even one of those teams.  You want to make an argument about him as a starting QB, yet I am not here even one time saying he absolutely should even be a starter.  Although I do think he is better than Blake Bortles for that Jaguars team.  

And again, you are taking one season on a train wreck 49ers team.  Guess what bud, Andrew Luck was definitely outplayed by Matt Hasselbeck who had a winning record while Luck led the same Colts team to a losing record when they basically split the season a few years ago.  Does NOT mean Luck is worse than Hasselbeck.  Kap was in the middle of media nightmare, on a roster completed destroyed like no team I have ever seen over 2 offseason.  That 49er team had little talent on that roster left still playing due to early retirements, suspensions, trades, etc.  To say that the SMALL sample size you are cherry picking is a FAIR assessment of his overall career is just total BS and you know it.

I get it, you hate him, so you're going to make every negative case you can to validate him having a job.  And I did NOT compare Vick and Kap as payers, I talked about deserving to a chance to play.  Vick should have NEVER been allowed back in the NFL in comparison to what he did.  We have had people who viciously tortured and murdered animals, a player kill a person while they were drunk driving, people who beat women and children all get to keep their careers and face almost nothing like Kap has done for just standing up for people who aren't being fairly treated in America.  Its disgusting the hate Kap gets this hate while those people were mostly forgiven.

But I am done with this, not trying to get into a long thing about it, I dont care enough.  I said my piece, I dont really care if you agree, you are entitled to your opinion.  My stance its disgusting how he is treated, and thats my opinion I am free to hold.

I am responding to multiple people at one time LOL. I never said he should be a starter either. I said he would find a job as a backup if he took a paycut for average backup price (which is why I posted salaries of other backups as comparison). I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion, not sure why you are crying. " Kap was in the middle of media nightmare, on a roster completed destroyed like no team I have ever seen over 2 offseason.  That 49er team had little talent on that roster left still playing due to early retirements, suspensions, trades, etc.  To say that the SMALL sample size you are cherry picking is a FAIR assessment of his overall career is just total BS and you know it." HE CREATED THAT MEDIA NIGHTMARE Lol. And that same 49ers team with even less talent IMO was lead to 5-0 at end of season the following year by Jimmy G.

I honestly dont hate Kaepnick, I really dont even care about someone kneeling for an Anthem - it's their right to do so. I will always stand, but I dont care what other people do, thats the beauty of freedin, The thing I HATE is media and people like you that act like people's actions dont have consequences and "man that guy worth 40million dollars(actually even more) is being treated so unfairly, he needs more millions and deserves because... pro football is a right??" I still firmly believe if he said "hey, ill take 1 million 1 year to prove myself somewhere" he would be taken up on it. But as of now NO ONE KNOWS what teams have talked, colluded, or what his agent's demands have been. Its all speculation.

"u.  I really dont care that much, you seem to be really invested in this topic.  We are going to have to agree to disagree because you are not even responding to the things I actually say and creating new narratives. "

what have I not responded to? I even look back and I have literally responded to everything of yours. So please share again and I will respond - I promise im not avoiding anything

Edited by PolishPrince

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Right....this thread predictably (maybe that’s why it was started?) disintegrated into the same old. Allow me to try to refocus a bit:  assume Kap didn’t carry the anthem baggage. Would you prefer bringing him in as a backup/bridge starter, or would you prefer one or more of the other unsigned veteran QBs out there? 

The answer is obviously yes.

12 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

You know, I didn't even think of Kaep, but there's a guy sitting around who could be playing on this team tomorrow! 

Sign him up.

Kaep would not be any worse, and in fact, would be a good bit better than Peterman.

He's about 10 times the natural athlete Peterman is alone.

Didn't you say the same thing about Peterman when Tyrod was the QB? How many QBs will it take before people realize the team around the QB is not good. None of these guys are franchise QBs who can carry a bad team on their back. The hope is that Allen could potentially develop into one but he is not going to get any help from this offense. If McDermott makes the switch to Allen he needs to be all in and stick with decision for the rest of the year barring injury. Kap or some other retread is not going to save this team.

If Bills fans embraced Kaepernick, it would go a long way toward silencing the false narrative that Buffalo is a bastion of intolerance. We all want that, right!

One aspect of the "process" that seems ignored is how this sh*tshow will affect the team's ability to acquire those coveted free agents we all envision jumping on board in 2019. We're already at a disadvantage based on weather and rep. I love the time I spend in Buffalo, but this is just a fact. If you bring in a guy like Kaep, you're making Buffalo a more attractive FA destination both because we'd be more competitive, but also because we'd gain some cache.

From a purely football perspective, it's probably a good idea. There's zero chance it happens with this regime, but that's another story.

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

Maybe some teams.  That will be decided by the arbitrator in the grievance case.  If, as I suspect, the league or certain owners circulated emails urging teams not to sign Kaepernick because of the protests, then the league is in serious trouble.

"if, as I suspect." again ... its all assumption with as of now 0 proof, its literally your guess. If I am an NFL owner, and I think Kap is the difference of getting into playoffs or a super bowl... I dont give a crap what another owner says or wishes. Im going to sign him if I think it's worth it... and if these owners try screwing me for doing so - then you take their threats/blackmail whatever to the police/media.....

5 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

"if, as I suspect." again ... its all assumption with as of now 0 proof, its literally your guess. If I am an NFL owner, and I think Kap is the difference of getting into playoffs or a super bowl... I dont give a crap what another owner says or wishes. Im going to sign him if I think it's worth it... and if these owners try screwing me for doing so - then you take their threats/blackmail whatever to the police/media.....

I admit I don’t know what the evidence is.  There is a gag order surrounding the arbitration, but there were rumors that such communications were made by, among others, Jerruh Jones.  We’ll have to wait and see. There was at least enough evidence for the arbitrator to allow the case to go forward.

Edited by mannc

Just now, mannc said:

I admit I don’t know what the evidence is.  There is a gag order surrounding the arbitration, but there were rumors that such communications were made by, among others, Jerruh Jones.  We’ll have to wait and see.

100% lets wait and see before claiming 32 teams played the telephone game saying "hey lets not sign this guy" while simultaneously signing and employing many other players who protest and have been outspoken: Chris Long, Malcolm Jenkins, Michael Bennett, Lesean McCoy, etc. 

I am responding to multiple people at one time LOL. I never said he should be a starter either. I said he would find a job as a backup if he took a paycut for average backup price (which is why I posted salaries of other backups as comparison). I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion, not sure why you are crying. " Kap was in the middle of media nightmare, on a roster completed destroyed like no team I have ever seen over 2 offseason.  That 49er team had little talent on that roster left still playing due to early retirements, suspensions, trades, etc.  To say that the SMALL sample size you are cherry picking is a FAIR assessment of his overall career is just total BS and you know it." HE CREATED THAT MEDIA NIGHTMARE Lol. And that same 49ers team with even less talent IMO was lead to 5-0 at end of season the following year by Jimmy G.

I honestly dont hate Kaepnick, I really dont even care about someone kneeling for an Anthem - it's their right to do so. I will always stand, but I dont care what other people do, thats the beauty of freedin, The thing I HATE is media and people like you that act like people's actions dont have consequences and "man that guy worth 40million dollars(actually even more) is being treated so unfairly, he needs more millions and deserves because... pro football is a right??" I still firmly believe if he said "hey, ill take 1 million 1 year to prove myself somewhere" he would be taken up on it. But as of now NO ONE KNOWS what teams have talked, colluded, or what his agent's demands have been. Its all speculation.

Dont lump me in with fanatical society, sorry thats just not whats going on here.

You actually just prove more of your biased opinion in your statements.  You let MONEY impact on whats fair or not.  It doesn't matter how much MONEY Kap does or does not have.  People like you keep going down this bulls*t narrative that because he has money he cant possibly be treated unfairly.  His PERSONAL WEALTH has literally NOTHING to do with determining what is right or wrong.  The fact you bring up money like so many others tells me you are incapable of being rational about the actual situation.  This is where I firmly leave this conversation, the moment anyone starts talking about how he doesn't deserve to complain or deserve to be treated better because he already has money is just utterly ridiculous and has absolutely ZERO...and I mean ZERO relevance to his situation.  

All good man, we will agree to disagree.  This is my last reply, its not worth discussing anymore.  Doesn't make you or me right or wrong, its just going down directions that are useless, irrelevant, and are real pet peeves of mine.  Just cant stand when people try and act like people can't complain when treated unfairly because they have money when most people cant fathom the amount of work, sacrifice, and dedication it took to be in position to make that money in the first place...regardless if earned in sports, business, etc.