Fitzy is doing great

offyourocker

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

It was only a matter of time before there was yet another thread pining for Fitzpatrick. The ex that some on this board just can’t quit. It’s not enough to merely Facebook stalk, you just have to declare your love! Why can’t we just start over? Remember the good times when the FO grossly overpaid you? That comeback against the Raiders? But inevitablely the bad times slip back into memory. All those one hop passes like tennis serves to WRs, not living up to a huge contract,  choosing to go be TENs backup for less money. But he can change, we can change, it could work out. Oh Fitzy, call us.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

They would be crazy to go back to Winston.  They have a chance to compete with Fitz

You probably haven't followed Fitz's career but he cant start for long periods of time b.c he has a curse which keeps all teams starting him out of the playoffs.  He will always throw the INTs to keep your team out.

He usually does for the first 3 weeks or so. Then teams figure him out and he will have a good first drive then do nothing for the next 3 and a half quarters.

We already know what he is. No thanks.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

i loved Fitz,  but he wasnt consistent,  and he hasnt changed.    does he make some great plays,  absolutely,  can he have a game like he did today occasionally,  yes,   will he take u to a super bowl,  no.    happy for Fitz,  but there is a reason hes been with so many organizations over his career.

• Like (+1) 1

It was one of those days where everything broke his way. Blown coverages, dbs tripping over themselves, saints offense giving him breaks too. 

He is who he is... smart, hard working but limited so he has to take a lot more chances than a qb with a good arm. There are two takeaways from that: 1) some weeks you hit the cards you need on the flop but you don’t want to have to bet the longshot consistently as results albeit erratic always regress to the average (ie below .500 football) and 2) as the moment gets bigger (4th quarter, playoff run) the defenses tighten up and amplify the issue. Fewer windows he can hit and less opportunity to wait for another moment to find a safer play.

i will be absolutely ecstatic for every game that fitz wins. absolutely love this guy. always have, always will. my man crush on this guy is absurd. having said that, i know full well his limitations, tendencies, and why we parted ways with him. but dammit, i still love me some fitzy!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

It was only a matter of time before there was yet another thread pining for Fitzpatrick. The ex that some on this board just can’t quit. It’s not enough to merely Facebook stalk, you just have to declare your love! Why can’t we just start over? Remember the good times when the FO grossly overpaid you? That comeback against the Raiders? But inevitablely the bad times slip back into memory. All those one hop passes like tennis serves to WRs, not living up to a huge contract,  choosing to go be TENs backup for less money. But he can change, we can change, it could work out. Oh Fitzy, call us.

And he's still better than any QB we've had since Kelly and he beat the Patriots. I know not saying much though.

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

No he's really not. 

The guys a TO machine more often that not. 

Good for him today, but he will eventually have a game where he throws 4 INTs if he remains the starter. 

Whose better Tyrod? give me a break the guy can't throw the ball to save his life. Flutie? Maybe Bledsoe but he really only had one year where he lit it up. If Fitz had all the weapons Tyrod had and had a solid defense things would have played out differently for him. Again I'm not saying he is a solid franchise type of QB. It's just all the Bills Qbs have been that bad.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Tyrod and it's not even close. 

Get back to me when he ever throws for more than 300 yards in a game but don't hold your breath. He has two all pro wide receivers right now and what's he do today? Under 50% completion rate under 200 yards and a timely Interception at the end of the game. You are delusional if you think Tyrod is a better QB than Fitz.  I guess Fitz did you wrong at some point though, maybe you lost some money on a bet or he had sex with your GF.

Edited by Rocbillsfan1

4 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Get back to me when he ever throws for more than 300 yards in a game but don't hold your breath. He has two all pro wide receivers right now and what's he do today? Under 50% completion rate under 200 yards and a timely Interception at the end of the game. You are delusional if you think Tyrod is a better QB than Fitz.  I guess Fitz did you wrong at some point though, maybe you lost some money on a bet or he had sex with your GF.

Fitz is so great the league has allowed him to bless 6 teams with his talents.

he was a Bill for 4 seasons. how soon people forget.

Just now, 87168 said:

Fitz is so great the league has allowed him to bless 6 teams with his talents.

he was a Bill for 4 seasons. how soon people forget.

And now Tyrod is on his 3rd team and will be gone by the end the year. Try actually making an argument about how Tyrod is better. Nobody said Fitz is a franchise QB he's just better than Tyrod.

11 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

And now Tyrod is on his 3rd team and will be gone by the end the year. Try actually making an argument about how Tyrod is better. Nobody said Fitz is a franchise QB he's just better than Tyrod.

if you think a journeyman QB that is now on his 6th team is better, that's great for you.  he's not even the starter for Tampa, so the proof is already there. continue to pine for a backup journeyman QB. we call it Fitzmagic for a reason.

Does it matter whether Fitzy is better than Manuel-Orton-Tyrod-Peterman? Well, yes. But the better question is this: why the hell is he the backup on a team with an (ostensibly) good QB, while we have no proven NFL QB on our roster?  Wouldn't it have made sense to have Fitz here until Allen is ready? Wouldn't it have made sense to have McCarron, Bridgewater, or even Matt Moore here? Because right now, by any estimation, Fitz would give us a far better chance to win than any combination of Peterman/Allen.

9 minutes ago, 87168 said:

if you think a journeyman QB that is now on his 6th team is better, that's great for you.  he's not even the starter for Tampa, so the proof is already there. continue to pine for a backup journeyman QB. we call it Fitzmagic for a reason.

So when Tyrod is moved next year and Mayfield takes over and Tyrod goes to his fourth team as a backup will that make him a journey QB? 

Stop being an idiot. Tyrod is a bum. Fitz is slighly better. He's also been a starter on Houston, NY, Buffalo, and most likely will take over for Winston who to this point hasn't been very good. 

Fitz was one of my favorite Bills of the drought. The reason that team lost was because of the defense and Chan Gailey. Fitz never had any talent at WR. He got a raw deal and at the BBMB, I pounded the table to keep him and still draft a qb. They should have let Fitz go to camp that year. EJ was terrible and we ended up with Kevin kolb, Jeff Tuel and EJ. The worst stable of QBs ever assembled. Give me a break with this joke organization. Good for Fitz. Keep slinging it.

4 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Lol. It will be interesting to see what Tampa does when Winston comes back.

Obviously I don’t expect Fitz to rip it like this every week, but he can still sling it and he’s a very respected player. Unlike Winston..

The perfect scenario. When Fitz turns into Fitz, Winston will be there to take over.

Believe Fitzpatrick is a QB who coaches want because he can have great streaks but need to keep a handle on and tell him when to go conservative.  If game is out of reach playing conservative let him take chances since he does not care about stats but wins.

Some of the plays I saw in game today are as good as you see in league and he can still throw distance despite some claims on this board.

If I had a young upcoming QB cannot think of a better backup than Fitzpatrick and I'd trade Pickman and future pick for Fitzpatrick when their starting QB gets off suspend list.